Deleted

Visual Bug with Blackhand's Shoulderguards

Greetings =)

This is a minor issue, i know - and i am not even sure if this is the forum to post my question, but i figured, hey, it is a warrior set after all, so you might know

Anyways, i got those said shoulders from mythic blackrock foundry yesterday. I LOVE that armor! The thing is, i get a visual bug with the shoulders that....*putssunglasseson*....bugs me out.

The flames and fumes effect of the shoulders occasionally fleis away several YARDS from ym character in straight lines in absurd angles. This looks HIGHLY irritating, especially while running.

Anyone else got this?

I have this all the time while outside. When i am in skyhold, this bug does NOT happen f.e.

Thing is: if other people have that too, does anyone have an idea how to get rid of that? I would love wearing this set, but with this, i am not sure if i CAN. It makes me dizzy. When the sawblades are buzzing, it is way stronger than on the screenshot below and reaches even farther.

Screenshot:

I have the same, started since the launch of legion i think.
    I just started using something else and havent bothered with it since then.
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

Can confirm i've noticed this since the legion pre-patch, if I had to guess it's a new type of physics they've applied to certain particle effects causing this, before the change the flames just radiated along the edges of the openings.

Deleted
    happens to the Warlock shoulders too

since Legion

Deleted
    Well, i am not alone at last.

Since Legion prepatch, huh. That is interesting. I submitted a bug report, though i do not think this will be fixed. A pity :/

I dont get though....why does it only happen in SOME zones? As i said, they look normal in Skyhold. i have yet to test non-legion zones.

Following the theory on the particle physics i'm guessing it's weather simulation (wind) that can fluctuate in the open world, skyhold doesn't have any.

Deleted
    WEll, if it WAS wind, why does it always blow in the same (totally stupid) directions?

It does not happen in non-legion zones and dungeons. I was in IF, SW, Garrison, some WoD zones...nothing. The effect looks normal. Outdoor Legion, Dalaran etc destroys the effect.

Edit: tested the wind. I stood in Dalaran and turned. And the fires and fumes actually change directions depending on in which direction i look Oo this gets more and more fascinating.
    It still does not make sense however, cause fires and fumes take completely opposite directions....
    Last edited by mmocfb44b8dc59; 2016-12-06 at 02:17 PM.

Deleted
    I could be wrong, but if I remember correctly this bug occured even before legion pre patch. I completed the set during the HFC period (before prepatch) and remember that I submitted a ticket regarding it at that time. I also doubt that the buggy effect is restricted to Legion zones. It definitely happened to me in Ironforge and Stormshield.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I believe that the tracers for the flames are based on wind effects, Dalaran, and many places in Legion have greater wind effects compared to most places in previous content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tombard View Post
    WEll, if it WAS wind, why does it always blow in the same (totally stupid) directions?

It does not happen in non-legion zones and dungeons. I was in IF, SW, Garrison, some WoD zones...nothing. The effect looks normal. Outdoor Legion, Dalaran etc destroys the effect.

Edit: tested the wind. I stood in Dalaran and turned. And the fires and fumes actually change directions depending on in which direction i look Oo this gets more and more fascinating.
    It still does not make sense however, cause fires and fumes take completely opposite directions....
    This is because wind effects cover entire areas, like if you walk into Stormhiem, all of Stormhiem will have the same wind effect until you realm shard or instanced into something... This will include being indoors, inside caves, and underwater, for example.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post

This is because wind effects cover entire areas, like if you walk into Stormhiem, all of Stormhiem will have the same wind effect until you realm shard or instanced into something... This will include being indoors, inside caves, and underwater, for example.

This might be true, but the fires and fumes take DIFFERENT direction. If there is east wind, the fires and fumes both should blow to the west, but it is more like fires to the west, fumes to the southeast...soemtimes one goes up whiel the other is pointed at the floor.

The best part is, the trails move along with your shoulders. If it were static trails it would be half the problem. But as a dwarf, your shoulders are rocking back and forth quite a lot while running, and those 5 yard long trails are rocking with it...this looks so absurd, i tell you This is the part that makes me dizzy btw

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    They have different physics conditions, which is why they go different directions.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Hopefully they make another great plate set soon. Im growing tired about this one but its still by far the best one in the game. Also have the issues. Honestly i doubt they will fix.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tombard View Post
    Greetings =)

This is a minor issue, i know - and i am not even sure if this is the forum to post my question, but i figured, hey, it is a warrior set after all, so you might know

Anyways, i got those said shoulders from mythic blackrock foundry yesterday. I LOVE that armor! The thing is, i get a visual bug with the shoulders that....*putssunglasseson*....bugs me out.

The flames and fumes effect of the shoulders occasionally fleis away several YARDS from ym character in straight lines in absurd angles. This looks HIGHLY irritating, especially while running.

Anyone else got this?

I have this all the time while outside. When i am in skyhold, this bug does NOT happen f.e.

Thing is: if other people have that too, does anyone have an idea how to get rid of that? I would love wearing this set, but with this, i am not sure if i CAN. It makes me dizzy. When the sawblades are buzzing, it is way stronger than on the screenshot below and reaches even farther.

Screenshot:

I have the same mate. I know it sounds stupid, but it's almost as if wind is blowing the smoke in weird directions. Like in Dalaran, I can take a few steps forward and the direction of the smoke and flames will change. I know wind isn't a thing but it's almost as if it were.

edit; Okay well apparently wind IS a thing. What purpose does it serve? I don't notice vegetation moving with the wind.

It's not even just these shoulders. The matching belt behaves the same and the Paladin Mythic HFC set does this also.

It's not even the shoulders and the belt, it's the helm, too.

The blackrock plate set from garrisons has the same exact issue.