Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Because I care naught for people that fail to see the world for what it is, and either view it through pink glasses, or take it all way too serious. To label them is to assign them to a larger group in order to disregard it altogether , as opposed to treating anyone you cross paths with as actually a worthy person, wasting a lot of time, when only like 3 out of 10 people are worthy, but that shall be proven anyway, even if you ignore them completely.
    That may sound pretty elitist and jerky attitude, but I have wasted just about enough time on people who don't deserve it, and smart of you shall agree with me.
    Surely there are sometimes when I disregard a person and he proves to be worthy of consideration, but that happens really seldom, and I'm actually quite happy when it does, nothing makes me more happy when humans prove me wrong. It's a shame it doesn't happen often, but we don't choose who we live with, and often must make do with what we have
    Last edited by The Emperor; 2016-12-06 at 03:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    You repel water? I never knew that was one of the disqualifying factors.
    water has adhesive properties. if water does not want to mix with society, then i do not want to mix with water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like it has been said, labeling is how humans organize things. It's a human creation, like math and language. It's a way for the human mind to interpret our surroundings.

I have no problem wearing a label or putting a label on others, but I won't let others definition of the label define me. For example, I'm a gamer cause I like to play games. That's the extent of me being a Gamer. Am I a blood thirsty killer who enjoys to watch people suffer? No, I just like playing games. You may say, "but gamers like doing that stuff". I don't care what your definition of a Gamer is, I care what my definition of a gamer is. Same goes for political position.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally enjoy labels in a way. For example, a woman I know found out recently that I enjoy Metal and the dark side of things. She had no idea because what she knows of me does not represent that. I play in an indie rock band, I am generally bubbly and happy. And I wear cute geeky shirts. She had no idea who I was under the surface.

So I love when I am labeled, only for people to find out they had me wrong the whole time.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Who gives a crap about other person's feelings, right?
    Yeah pretty much. If I meet them once and never get to know them then I don't care.

Saves time when I'm trying to explain something.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Yeah pretty much. If I meet them once and never get to know them then I don't care.
    Rate 1 to 10

A world where nobody gives a crap about other person's feelings

Limitation of the human brain. We're just not equipped to be able to identify and remember every personality type we encounter (which in the end will still be flawed as it's based on short encounters that are also clouded by our own innate bias). But we still have a need to be able to quickly identify something - is it friend or foe? Is it just the wind or is there a Lion hiding in the bush? So we get this thing called prejudice, which was "good enough" when it came to our survival in the wilds.

Now some may claim that they don't label people, and they might be in the right if they: in their mind label people but choose to not act upon that prejudice. Prejudice is something we all have, where we differ is how we use our prejudice.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    Leftists subscribe to the "logic" that patterns are "racist" and that because a few people in a group deviate from the normal pattern that all our assumptions must be thrown out the window entirely or you are a (insert group here) phobic
    I label righties as "lacking self-reflection". But i have no clue where that comes from...

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Rate 1 to 10

A world where nobody gives a crap about other person's feelings
    Don't think that was ever said. But if a cashier's Dad died and I talked to him once while checking out at a store then I am certainly not going to burst into tears about it and won't remember it after a week.

It's just a primal human thing

Identification, sorting and value assessment. It's pretty straight forward as to the use and handiness of applying a label to entities.

Conscious living as we humans know it, is entirely about value attribution- that is assigning value to things relative to our expectation and views. Things don't exist with a Value on their own apart from one's assessment of that Thing. A Thing may as well not exist if it's attributes are unknown or hold no value to you- there is no way as a human to interface with what we know as reality otherwise.

Claiming one's self as a 'Democrat' or 'Male' are linguistical extensions of value assignment.

its what the brain does.

To paraphrase someone else:

"As I'm a baby boomer, I don't apply labels to people."

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    This thread is stupid.