Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Trump will be fine on his jet, his ego is thicker than any sort of armor on a reinforced military-grade plane meant to intercept EMPS, even from nuclear strikes. It'd be hilarious to see his plane get hit by an EMP and crash en route to Moscow to suck off Putin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Rolf.

On a more serious note Trump is following the Putin playbook. Make showy meaningless gestures to drive popular support and distract from real issues. The low/uneducated love it, while the educated looking beyond the 1-liner headlines turn away in disgust. He did exactly the same thing with the carrier jobs issue too.

All that he needs to do now to cap it off is go topless horseback riding -
    I don't want to see that tub of lard topless. Don't want to break the horse. "Healthiest man to take the office" my ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Not sure why you think your experience trumps mine.
    Despite Donald's tendency to buy out shit, he has not yet bought the word trump.
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2016-12-07 at 01:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Part of the US gov'ts responsibility and one of its core principles is access to the President by the press.
    I dont remember reading anything in the Constitution saying that the press shall have access to the president at all times. Additionally, I didnt say they should be denied the option to have access. I just said they can pay for their own damn transportation. We the taxpayers shouldnt be paying millions to fly the press to every stop the president makes

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    INB4 engine failure on Air Force One costs lives of Trump and several cabinet members.

Perfect accident to bring the plan of President Pence into being.
    I would rather have Hillary before Pence. And I'd rather have Ben Carson before Hillary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Less hyperbole please. It does not cost that much when First Ladys fly. Even Michelle Obama's goodwill trip to Africa only cost $424,142 for use of the aircraft.
    And did she pay $424,142 back to the government for its use like Akeia15 said they are supposed to do?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    $200,000/hr give or take, and that's when the president is on board.
    Plus all the overtime they have to pay the secret service agents to follow her on her shopping trip to Rodeo Drive

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    And did she pay $424,142 back to the government for its use like Akeia15 said they are supposed to do?
    What exactly makes a goodwill mission to Africa a personal trip? You think First Ladies never perform roles for the US?

- - - Updated - - -

I dont remember reading anything in the Constitution saying that the press shall have access to the president at all times. Additionally, I didnt say they should be denied the option to have access. I just said they can pay for their own damn transportation. We the taxpayers shouldnt be paying millions to fly the press to every stop the president makes
    The Constitution is not what we are talking about. It has always been normal protocol in regards to press access and transparency.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    2024?

You mean to tell me that it takes Boeing 5-6 years to build an Airplane? Even with rapidly advancing technology?
    When was the last time you built a 747 with extreme specs?
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    I would rather have Hillary before Pence. And I'd rather have Ben Carson before Hillary.
    Me too. But... it's no secret the GOP is not happy with Chump. I doubt they'd resort to 'accidents' when humiliation and impeachment are for more effective.

Those first 100 days are gonna be something to watch. What luck for me, since I have to wait a YEAR (!!!) for new episodes of West World.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post

Just yesterday.

Got done just in time to see your mom.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Plus all the overtime they have to pay the secret service agents to follow her on her shopping trip to Rodeo Drive
    So you agree that the next first lady should pay back the $1m per day she's costing NY? I mean, if the first lady has to pay stuff back, surely the not-even-first-lady yet should have to.

10+ Year Old Account
    The average time to build a Boeing 777 from first part to delivery is ~83 days, to give you an idea. Naturally, a highly modifed miltary airliner will take longer, but the main reason it takes years is Boeing has to build planes in the order they are sold to meet deadlines.

Boeing delivered a record 762 planes last year to give you an idea of how busy they are. They currently have 5,500 aircraft on order, so naturally it will takes awhile to get down the list.
    Why not hire more people to build them faster? It would be a great way to create more jobs and customers would receive their orders faster. Its not like they just got an order for 5500 planes. They have likely had a backlog for decades

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I once assembled an F18 while upside down. Almost got some super glue in my nose. That extreme enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Man this is multi-dimensionally dumb. Where to begin.

(1) The 747-8 (well 747 line in general) is in deep trouble of closing because market conditions have moved airlines around the world to buy two engines just like the 777, 787 and A350. The A380 is in similar straits. The 747's design is a relic of a time when intercontinental travel required by law, more than two engines, and the model of airports was different than today. Owning a 4 engine aircraft means paying for the cost of all 4 engines. Thus lessors and owners prefer 2 engines that are often more fuel efficient. With few orders, the only options for the 747 is the new Air Force One and the Freighter variant.

(2) The President requires an aircraft the size of the 747. That is why reagan approved a larger aircraft in the first place. The other option was a passengerized C-5 Galaxy.

(3) The current 747 Air Force ones will be 33 years old when their replacement fly for the first time. That is the age at which airplanes become unsafe to fly.

(4) The new 747s will have significant cost-of-ownership savings over the current ones.

(5) It is ultimately, not up to Trump to cancel the program, but Congress. They won't do it.

(6) The only reason Trump said this is because a Boeing executive questioned his trade policies in an interview.

(7) That trick becomes less potent ever time he does it. It's a weapon with limited ammo. Eventually it will be "there is know-nothing Trump rambling about shit again".
    The longer a plane is in service the more expensive it becomes to maintain it, now when I crack my iPad screen and they tell me it costs $125 to fix the glass screen and it costs $150 to buy a new one it is a no brainer to just buy a new one.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Well, Lockheed or Northrop could certainly do it, but they don't have a base jet to modify. If you think the Boeing costs are high, an all-new jet large enough to fit what's needed for AFOne would be insanely expensive, particularly considering they're only making 2 of them.

Also, it's "intents and purposes", for reference.
    They could buy a base 747 and have Lockheed or Northrup modify it

I once assembled an F18 while upside down. Almost got some super glue in my nose. That extreme enough?
    Because you can only fit so many workers into the buildings.

Was it Air Force 1 Boeing 747?

10+ Year Old Account
    They could buy a base 747 and have Lockheed or Northrup modify it
    Which is ultimately more expensive than just building the frame from the ground up to incorporate the desired specifications.

This isn't about costs, this is about Trump spiting a CEO that was critical of him and a business centered in a state that hates him.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    If you'll notice, I did say it recovered. And while finance is not really my thing, it sounds like the value only recovered after Boeing and the White House both said 'no, ignore Trump, he's full of shit'. That 'barely a dent' clocks in at $1.39 billion; sure, sure, not a major thing for a big corporation, but if this had happened after the inauguration, it's less likely they would have rebounded as well. All because of Trump's stupid, stupid lie.
    One wonders if anyone he knew bought shares.....

10+ Year Old Account
    The Constitution is not what we are talking about. It has always been normal protocol in regards to press access and transparency.
    And protocol can be changed

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not hire more people to build them faster? It would be a great way to create more jobs and customers would receive their orders faster. Its not like they just got an order for 5500 planes. They have likely had a backlog for decades
    Have you ever heard the phrase 'too many cooks in the kitchen'.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wait, if hey hire more people their profits go down. But without being cynical," 9 women can't make a baby in 1 month" is the real issue here. Putting more and more people onto the team won't necessarily shorten the time it takes to do the work needed for a new AFOne.