Poll: Should Artifact Knownledge be account wide

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Make AFK account wide?

Its a very annoying feature especially this expansion is very alt-unfriendly. Artifact Knownledge needs to be acct. wide. It harms alts regarding their weapons [damage, healing, etc], it harms us since alts are required to wait 3-4 days just to reach an AK level and we won't be able to loot that hidden AFA that week for this boss and what not. what do you think
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, that would not make people sub for more months. Not grindy enough.

It won't matter come 7.1.5, you can buy up to AK 20, can't you? That'd be a decent place to start.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Up to level 15 IIRC

10+ Year Old Account
    if you would read front page once in a while you would know that they already implement somethin for ak, also dont call it afk thats clearly something else =p
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

It's essentially account wide in 7.1.5. You've clearly been AFK so to speak

Isn't it already account wide? When I set my bnet to afk it stays like that even if I switch toons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Isn't it already account wide? When I set my bnet to afk it stays like that even if I switch toons.
    Haha. This one got me chuckling, while browsing on the toilet.

Bah, alts need to be excluded, it's not fair otherwise. Or does a single hero define a generation of lack-luster would-be heroes as well? I think not.

I do think /afk should be global, as I'm tired of typing it myself while waiting for a queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see the current system they're working on altered a tiny bit (remove the AK 20 cap and make it as high as your main's), but overall it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Up to level 15 IIRC
    New players and mains can only go up to AK 15, however, if you already have a character with lets say AK 25, you can buy an item to increases it to AK 20.

Edit- To give a full rundown of each system, at least, how I deciphered the notes.

Method One (New Players / Mains):
    Exchange Order Resources for instant AK rank items that are BoP, up to 15.

Method Two (For people who've been playing):
    Exchange Order Resources for instant AK rank items that are BoA, up to 20. These items are split in intervals of 5 (5/10/15/20) and you can only buy the items that are a lower AK rank than yours.
    Last edited by Lime; 2016-12-07 at 12:42 AM.

So, OP, have you actually followed the changes in 7.1.5 at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post

This. OP doesnt know the difference between AFK and AK. Awkward.

7+ Year Old Account
    1. its AK not AFK
    notice how AFK is Away From Keyboard
    well AK is Artifact Knowlege... you dont go ArtiFact Knowlege....

2. it will bassicly be account wide in 7.1.5

3. making it 100% account wide would be super stupid, of corse more people will say yes, why? cause people like to be lazy, does being lazy make a game fun though? no

if we could people would love to be able to afk and get millions of peices of loot by being carried,but would that make for a fun game? fuck no

also as said above

"alts take time, but not as much time as your main, to get as strong as your main? more news at 11"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Alts will be so easy, if you have a main that can provide for them.

Hit 110 => Buy AK20 for alt => Start Suramar quests => Watch your artifact rocket up in power.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I'd like to see the current system they're working on altered a tiny bit (remove the AK 20 cap and make it as high as your main's), but overall it's fine.

New players and mains can only go up to AK 15, however, if you already have a character with lets say AK 25, you can buy an item to increases it to AK 20.

Edit- To give a full rundown of each system, at least, how I deciphered the notes.

Method One (New Players / Mains):
    Exchange Order Resources for instant AK rank items that are BoP, up to 15.

Method Two (For people who've been playing):
    Exchange Order Resources for instant AK rank items that are BoA, up to 20. These items are split in intervals of 5 (5/10/15/20) and you can only buy the items that are a lower AK rank than yours.
    Also, you can technically (seemingly) go up to 17 or 22. Have one in inventory then leave 2 unused but researched so that you can pick them up after you boost to 15 or 20 then pick them up and use them.

10+ Year Old Account
    just login and do the research every couple of days. you'll be surprised how easy it is.
    Hi

Plans slated for semi account wide in 7.1.5, up to 20

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    just login and do the research every couple of days. you'll be surprised how easy it is.
    Exactly. There's even an app to do it if you can't get to a computer right away..

My alt is like half a step behind my main and I play my alt a lot less. The catchup implemented atm and what will be added in 7.1.5 is more then enough in my opinion.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

15+ Year Old Account
    AFK=away from keyboard. Stop fooling us with that stupid title

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmagix View Post
    Exactly. There's even an app to do it if you can't get to a computer right away..
    Too bad you need 500 OR per order so you also need to put in some real ingame activity as well. Which is not a problem; world bosses usually yield 1000 OR, you can do that in ~15 mins per week. Dinging 110 months after the release is the real problem.
    Last edited by Zka; 2016-12-07 at 07:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Its a very annoying feature especially this expansion is very alt-unfriendly. Artifact Knownledge needs to be acct. wide. It harms alts regarding their weapons [damage, healing, etc], it harms us since alts are required to wait 3-4 days just to reach an AK level and we won't be able to loot that hidden AFA that week for this boss and what not. what do you think
    The "alt" / "main" construct is something we players have made up, there's very little official in-game support to distinguish "alts" and "mains" - they're just all characters you play.

Blizzard has been very careful about account-wide options because they don't want to create two separate rulesets for alts and mains. You play a character - and same rules apply to it as any other character.

There's no such thing as "alt"