Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 59 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I hate every fucking weapon except daggers and magic

what a world
    Dagger and sword for me. Dagger is great for debuffs (Delta dagger) and sword for just general damage cause ultima blade.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I honestly can't imagine wanting/needing to grind at all in this game. I've just been doing main story and side quests and I've been well over leveled for awhile now.
    I love to just get as overpowered as I can in RPGs, challenge be damned.

For reference I was level 60 and had the Ultima Blade before doing the chapter 3 dungeon

As i'm dwindling down the remaining open world content i'm basically getting stuck with a small list of hunts that are not spawning. Different ones at different times of day, all just simply not there. I feel like theres some other none time based criteria i missed a tutorial on or something.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    As i'm dwindling down the remaining open world content i'm basically getting stuck with a small list of hunts that are not spawning. Different ones at different times of day, all just simply not there. I feel like theres some other none time based criteria i missed a tutorial on or something.
    There are also conditions like it has to be raining, those are also in the hunt description though, right alongside time of day.

And then i solve the issue, if you have been doing too much stuff in the open world for too long you need to save and quit and reload the map. Bethesda eat your heart out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    well for those of us that want to fight the REAL bosses of the game, we need to grind to lv99 lol. some of those bosses are lv110.
    I mean I'm still going to be fighting all of those bosses too, I just find doing quests far more interesting than grinding. Plus I'm pretty sure this will be a game I play once so I'm fine with doing all the things

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not grinding? In a JRPG? What kind of madness are you talking about?
    It's kind of true though, I barely fight anything not required for a quest and I was level 41 before leaving chapter 3. The 2x xp rest areas really make it a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Almost done with chapter 13 and there is a much more interesting story in a "you were never following Sephiroth but Jenova all along" way thats only there if you notice: When you get to the empires capital it is empty and clothes litter the streets, only if you read notes left around do you find that starting in a small quarantined town people got sick and vanished in huge numbers. They assumed it was a plague but people are turning into demons. All the demons in the world are the empires people, the big bads have all been dead or demonised for months, they attacked you because they desperately hoped the crystal would stop it, by the time you get to the capital even the throne has empty robes on it. Its never made a big deal of in ch.13 but the big villains were all dead after chapter 1 and their robot servants are really demons wearing armour to hide from sunlight that burns them up like vampires. The big bad empire was a literal ghost town for the entire and thats great but man does it make me care about the current stuff less.

I've taken a break to go back to complete the last few quests for Cid and the hunts and plan to get to the last couple of treasure maps but at 75 hours in and lvl.60 characters this is very much the easiest Final Fantasy game. I'm at 99 of every healing item bar megalixirs simply because they are in shorter supply but i never have to heal, summons are an i win button -and i finally saw Shiva once instead of Ramuh!- and i dont understand the people saying they are broke and itemless in late game. I have done no grinding and i'm sitting on hundreds of thousands of gil.

Maybe folks dont use all the links, combos and warp strike?
    I like the reveal also, but it's like... so wait, all this taking back the throne is to go after one baddy in reality? Big baddy wasn't really well explained. We only got a tiny explanation after the hallway hell that was Chapter 13. He wants revenge against the throne cause... why? That's all I got out of it is the issue. It makes the story feel very very rushed at the end because we get no backstory because the main antagonist becomes nothing more than a stereotypical bad guy. Dude that wants revenge. I will note he draws a lot of similarity to Kefka, but like Kefka, he just feels evil for the sake of evil.

The Demons (シガイ Shigai / Remains in Japanese) were more fleshed out than the antagonist. We know that they spread via a disease like phenomenon. When killed they release particles that infect others and such. They were a result of imperial experimentation and all that. You know that their weakness is light.

Also Zu went down like a chump... that was sad. He was revealed as such a bad ass monster that'll destroy you, but it was such an easy boss and I was under leveled by 10 or so.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2016-12-06 at 10:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Sort of. You can't summon them on demand, there's a slight chance that they'll become available during combat - when the prompt appears hold down the button that shows on the screen and they'll appear. They're not something you can rely upon basically.
    Makes sense because you have to beat the crap out of them just to get them to join you. F U Leviathan

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I like the reveal also, but it's like... so wait, all this taking back the throne is to go after one baddy in reality? Big baddy wasn't really well explained. We only got a tiny explanation after the hallway hell that was Chapter 13. He wants revenge against the throne cause... why? That's all I got out of it is the issue. It makes the story feel very very rushed at the end because we get no backstory because the main antagonist becomes nothing more than a stereotypical bad guy. Dude that wants revenge. I will note he draws a lot of similarity to Kefka, but like Kefka, he just feels evil for the sake of evil.

The Demons (シガイ Shigai / Remains in Japanese) were more fleshed out than the antagonist. We know that they spread via a disease like phenomenon. When killed they release particles that infect others and such. They were a result of imperial experimentation and all that. You know that their weakness is light.

Also Zu went down like a chump... that was sad. He was revealed as such a bad ass monster that'll destroy you, but it was such an easy boss and I was under leveled by 10 or so.
    It's actually pretty interesting. Basically Ardyn was chosen by the Astrals to save the world from the Starscourge which was the disease that was turning people into Daemons. He did this by absorbing the daemons into himself saving thousands and gaining immortality but eventually the astrals began to see him as unclean and denied him ascension to the astral realm. To add insult to injury a jealous king demonized Ardyn turning the people against him which lead to him swearing revenge against the people he tried so hard to save.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    It's actually pretty interesting. Basically Ardyn was chosen by the Astrals to save the world from the Starscourge which was the disease that was turning people into Daemons. He did this by absorbing the daemons into himself saving thousands and gaining immortality but eventually the astrals began to see him as unclean and denied him ascension to the astral realm. To add insult to injury a jealous king demonized Ardyn turning the people against him which lead to him swearing revenge against the people he tried so hard to save.
    So there's going to be some disconnects with language difference, sorry about that. I played pretty much the entirety in both Japanese voice and text. I did mix up Magitek and the disease with the experimentation, that was my bad.

I may have missed some stuff which is really quite possible. They didn't actually give a name for the disease in Japanese, just noted it was a parasite. I'm guessing Ascension is becoming the "True King" (or True King's Power depending on where it's used), that's quite a literal translation. I'll probably be using what I've been used to so sorry about communication weirdness.

So I rewatched the Japanese cutscene cause I'm pretty sure I missed some stuff, or my memory is bad, whichever, probably the latter. I was extremely sleepy when playing it cause I wanted to get Chapter 13 over with and it was like 2AM or something. I blame that /nod.

Anyways like stuff you said, Ardyn talks about how the disease that kills and turn people into monsters, is a parasite. However one person has the capability to save them by taking in the parasite. However before the crystal has chosen the king, they 'killed' the person saving people by calling him a monster. Of course that person is noted as Ardyn as he reveals his full name including the Lucis part.

Bahamut notes that because of his dirty body the crystal didn't choose him as the King and in turn didn't take the throne. Then Ardyn in turn takes revenge against the king's family.

It is a lot better than I remembered it though, that said... the differences in well... a lot of stuff that you noted aren't in Ardyn's or Bahamut's dialogue. Yay localization, you suck ass.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2016-12-07 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Dagger and sword for me. Dagger is great for debuffs (Delta dagger) and sword for just general damage cause ultima blade.
    like greatsword is soooooooo slow, in a combat where you literally have less than a second to block attacks this is a no no. Jav is ok and sword is meh, I like the quick attacks of daggers after throwing out a blizzard.

also I got the ascension thing that "lets you warp great distances to land on your enemies with the square button in the air" yet it doesn't explain how to do that. I can like short warp in air with the attack button from enemy to enemy but nothing great distance.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone actually use the Royal Weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Does anyone actually use the Royal Weapons?
    I don't because it seems it takes into account the damage you do from aoe which makes surviving living hell.

I used royal weapons for a while, but if you are doing a completionist run things like Blood Sword or Durandal for example are way more useful when you upgrade the warpstrike and dash abilities. Greatsword is good for parts breaking and warp strikes, swords and daggers for combos and spear for anything with a spear weakness or for the air combos.

Right now i'm all lvl.60 and i have a weapon quest for Cid, Adamantoise, the lvl.99 castle for Dino and the last Royal Weapon and the treasure maps to do before heading back to finish chapter 13 and continuing with the main story. Other than that i am at the last hunts and a bit confused. I heard the max rank was at least 8 but i'm not 7 yet and as far as i know i have a behemoth at the choco ranch, Midgarsormr at Hunter HQ and a toad at Lestallum to go before the final hunt. Not sure if i'm about to unlock a capton of more hunts or the last few give a whole rank on its own.

Thats the thing with FFXV, you think you have almost done all you can then a whole new section opens up, not that i'm complaining.

10+ Year Old Account

As someone who likes to enjoy single player games by beating the story and admiring the view rather than struggle on difficulty i usually play on normal/easy. This is the first FF game I've bought in a long time because I never liked the turn-based style of old and was intrigued by the real time combat and open world. So any tips on how to make the game even easier than it will already be on normal/easy? I have the day 1 edition if that matters.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    As someone who likes to enjoy single player games by beating the story and admiring the view rather than struggle on difficulty i usually play on normal/easy. This is the first FF game I've bought in a long time because I never liked the turn-based style of old and was intrigued by the real time combat and open world. So any tips on how to make the game even easier than it will already be on normal/easy? I have the day 1 edition if that matters.
    There is only normal and easy modes. As far as how to make the game easier, I have yet to game over including fights with monsters 10+ lvls higher then me. I'm not at end game yet but the game at this point is the easiest FF game to date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    Combat is intuitive if you're used to action games with melee combat. Some enemies, usually the bigger ones, have spots that you can target to make the vulnerable to break off valuable items. Get Dawnbreaker on Gali, Regroup on Ignis, both moves are ridiculous OP. Orange = good damage, purple = bad, change your weapons accordingly.

Elixirs are OP. Stop up on elixirs and potions after chapter 10 or so. In dungeons if the game starts giving your nodes to recharge your magic and theres a bunch of health related items on the ground, then you're about to fight a "boss".

Deleted
    Everything before chapter 13 was 9/10 or even higher for me, but chapter 13 is the worst bit in video gaming that I have ever played.