Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Actually there are. Try using Google
    Studies done by non-religious people show that the risks far outweigh the benefits, even if done by professionals. There's a reason we in the medical community don't recommend it unless it's required for medical reasons.

Even if rare, there have been many cases of death as a result of the procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    There are none feel free to list them so I can debunk them.
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-proc...e/prc-20013585

Im certain you know more then actual doctors

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    There are no proven medical or hygienic benefits to circumcision.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision#Effects

I suggest you educate yourself first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok. So then, where is the line on parental rights? And who decides that? And by what measuring stick? And who decides the measuring stick?
    I would say that mutilation is a perfectly acceptable place to draw the line. How much mutilation are you willing to impose on minors before you draw the line?

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Circumcision has no real negative impacts, but a whole lot of positive ones. It should be done right after birth unless the parents choose to not want it done.

What a backwards policy they're trying to implement there, ethics committee my ass.

stay ignorant.

edit: just saw your picture there, guess you actually are ignorant.

Look. Im an atheist. And as much against Abrahamic religious bullshit as it is humanly possible to be.... BUTI would say that a definitive ruling on this would be a slippery slope on parental rights. What would be next? Boys MUST play with Barbies to promote gender equality? Girls arent allowed to have an Easy-Bake oven because that would regress their fragile egos? Should we artificially sterilize everyone and only allow reproduction from those whose ideas we like? Also, how in the fuck is this ANY different from Trumps "lets create a Muslim registry" nonsense? Hint: Its NOT. It's just trendy right now to apologize and bend over backwards for certain groups and then apply a totally different standard for another and that's bullshit.
    Mandating secular parenting wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Religious indoctrination of any kind is child abuse after all, and pretty severe one at that.

Circumcision has no real negative impacts, but a whole lot of positive ones. It should be done right after birth unless the parents choose to not want it done.

What a backwards policy they're trying to implement there, ethics committee my ass.
    The irony here is that circumcision is pretty much the definition of a backward practice. There are pros and cons to both sides, they are relatively small either way. It is far more common in the states, mostly because of tradition and became popularized for reasons that had nothing to deal with health.

Says the guy who has Trumps pic as his Avatar. Seriously? ... It desensitizes the area, the child just never knows that. Men who are not circumcised say the process was a terrible mistake after they did it later in life. It clips nerves, the scar tissue has a higher chance to become cancerous. There are negative effects. There are few positives. Namely the ones society put on them. The Cleanliness thing is a myth, and there is a lot of research on why it is a myth. You'd need to read up on it. I'm not going into detail here.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

Again, there's a reason no doctor (unless heavily "inspired" by Islam or Judaism) is going to recommend this today unless it's absolutely needed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    Says the guy who has Trumps pic as his Avatar. Seriously? ... It desensitizes the area, the child just never knows that. Men who are not circumcised say the process was a terrible mistake after they did it later in life. It clips nerves, the scar tissue has a higher chance to become cancerous. There are negative effects. There are few positives. Namely the ones society put on them. The Cleanliness thing is a myth, and there is a lot of research on why it is a myth. You'd need to read up on it. I'm not going into detail here.
    Sexual effects

The highest quality evidence indicates that circumcision does not decrease the sensitivity of the penis, harm sexual function or reduce sexual satisfaction.[20][69][70] A 2013 systematic review found that circumcision did not appear to adversely affect sexual desire, pain with intercourse, premature ejaculation, time until ejaculation, erectile dysfunction or difficulties with orgasm. However, the study found that the existing evidence is not very good.[71] Another 2013 systematic review found that the highest-quality studies reported no adverse effects of circumcision on sexual function, sensitivity, sensation or satisfaction.[21]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision#Effects

Your rumors are easily proven wrong by actual studies.

No US source is going to be reliable on this topic because its heavily ingrained into the culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Ok. So then, where is the line on parental rights? And who decides that? And by what measuring stick? And who decides the measuring stick?
    Not being allowed to harm your kids seems like a good starting point.

Oh hey, Déjà-vu!

I remember a ton of insecure boys posting the last time this topic showed up. This shall be good. Again!

10+ Year Old Account

The European ones? I doubt it, and its only happens for medical or religious reasons here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I would say that mutilation is a perfectly acceptable place to draw the line. How much mutilation are you willing to impose on minors before you draw the line?
    What about people who want to have transgender children? Are you saying that we shouldn't allow parents to fill their children up with synthetic hormones and surgically change their sex organs?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    Oh hey, Déjà-vu!

I remember a ton of insecure boys posting the last time this topic showed up. This shall be good. Again!
    The power of american culture?

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    Mandating secular parenting wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Religious indoctrination of any kind is child abuse after all, and pretty severe one at that.
    The logical side of me agrees The parental side of me however says that you should be allowed to raise your children as you see fit, as I should be allowed to raise mine the way I see fit. I think there's a middle ground somewhere that can be found....

Genital mutilation of any kind should not be allowed.
    If you want to do it to yourself once you're an adult thats your choice of course but doing it to children is inhumane and disgusting.

Go for it Denmark, I hope more countries can follow your example here.

We had a discussion on a newspaper for MDs here in Sweden. Even among doctors we see people with religious background forcing their ideals on children, saying the parents have the right to choose the religion for the child.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually fairly Liberal/Democratic. Thanks for your uneducated assumptions though
    Liberals are rigth wing, so close enough, i'd say.
    But does show the insane part of American culture exists anywhere, I need to be reminded of that from time to time, thanks!