Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    This is assuming everyone who does it only does it to crazy clingy people. A big assumption I do not believe for a second.
    Fair enough. I also do it to girls who lie on their profiles. Eg, list their body type as "average" and then meet them and discover they're tubby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Or more likely shes a sociologist? Im not really sure why the hate Social science is getting nowdays, i could claim that people are idiots in general, but i mean social sciences were more respected in ancient Greece, yet somehow their sociologist gets respect now lol.
    Except she's clearly not a Sociologist otherwise the article would have stated she was. It's a just a daft way of saying she uses Social Media far too much or has a presence on Social Media which they think makes her important. Either way this article isn't really about social science same as the things I'm guessing you think are social sciences but are actually not. Which is why they are generating hate.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Fair enough. I also do it to girls who lie on their profiles. Eg, list their body type as "average" and then meet them and discover they're tubby.
    Thankfully I only meet people the traditional way.

"Back in my day," ... lol...this used to happen more frequently. These days, you have more instant contact with others so it might seem like it's a new trend, but that's not true. People used to just up and move out of a house; people used to leave "Dear John" type letters; people would just stop calling or writing.

In short: people have always been assholes. These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    I have to ask if they lied, or if your expectations were unrealistic? I just remember certain forum goer announcing that any women over 100lbs to him are overweight. Which is something like middle school territory of tastes in "women".
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    "Back in my day," ... lol...this used to happen more frequently. These days, you have more instant contact with others so it might seem like it's a new trend, but that's not true. People used to just up and move out of a house; people used to leave "Dear John" type letters; people would just stop calling or writing.

In short: people have always been assholes. These aren't the droids you're looking for.
    It's easier to be an asshole these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Except she's clearly not a Sociologist otherwise the article would have stated she was. It's a just a daft way of saying she uses Social Media far too much or has a presence on Social Media which they think makes her important. Either way this article isn't really about social science same as the things I'm guessing you think are social sciences but are actually not. Which is why they are generating hate.
    Social media is definitively a sociologist grounds work now a days, since its a common social norm to use them. Sociology is literally just the study of social behavior and society. So when ever if the article is good or not, the subject would be sociology. It generate hates, because people are morons. AKA go after the history major and whine that their major is useless. Everyone should be an engineer.

10+ Year Old Account
    This behavior has a name? And you mean there are some people who don't do it? Wow. Every girl I've ever dated has eventually done this to me. I thought it was just an inevitability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    isnt this the exact thing you do with ALL of your threads though? maybe you respnd a couple of times and then you are jsut gone (off to post the next shitpost i bet)
    I don't appreciate your tone.

Also, posting on a forum is not comparable to dating.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    This behavior has a name? And you mean there are some people who don't do it? Wow. Every girl I've ever dated has eventually done this to me. I thought it was just an inevitability.
    The people that never did it or it never happened to them, are living in a dream world or have never dated. Thats pretty much all you can gather from this lol. People in forced marriage dont count.

10+ Year Old Account
    Social media is definitively a sociologist grounds work now a days, since its a common social norm to use them. Sociology is literally just the study of social behavior and society. So when ever if the article is good or not, the subject would be sociology. It generate hates, because people are morons. AKA go after the history major and whine that their major is useless. Everyone should be an engineer.
    Social Media itself is not grounds for sociologist research. How people use Social Media and what effects it has on society is. (I know I sound a bit pedantic here but it's the difference between being a Sociologist and a Marketer in my books) Either way the article itself isn't done in the style of exploring social sciences but rather sticking a fad name to something rude people do. It's like Selfies. It's taking a photo of yourself but someone decided to stick a stupid name over it and it became a fad. Also about your example of someone having a history major, I'd have to disagree having a history major can be quite useful for a number of reasons case in point actually doing real sociology research. However if it was an Art History Major, unless you're planning to be an Art Museum Attendant then what are you doing with your life?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I have to ask if they lied, or if your expectations were unrealistic?
    They lied. Average is not skinny and not tubby. And certainly not muffin-top, which is what they turned out to be. There's nothing "unrealistic" about expecting someone to look as they claim to look. And certainly nothing "unrealistic" about an expectation of honesty. And while it seems nearly every profile I view that has body shot pictures lists their size one step below their actual size, there's a big difference between a claim to being "average" and clearly qualifying as at least a BBW.

I just remember certain forum goer announcing that any women over 100lbs to him are overweight.
    Wasn't me.

Which is something like middle school territory of tastes in "women".
    Seems silly to infer a preference for children onto someone who has a preference for small women. Almost as silly as the implied doubt that small women are truly women. Fact of the matter is that as long as they're 18, they're valid women. Regardless of their size. Different strokes/folks. Personally, I don't like big butts/boobs so... /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    No one cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post

Also, posting on a forum is not comparable to dating.
    both are interacting with others, you "get our hopes up" for a discussion, but after 2-3 posts ( saying nothing really like the on im quoting) you just bail. how is it not comparable?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    you do realize this is usually a tactic done by women

If you REALLY wanna i could tell women that "yeah i just found some one better then you during the course of the last few days, she has biger tits she is smarter and she seems willing to put out sooner. She also claims she likes video games"

But then ill be called an asshole and be judged for the decision on how i want to spend my time. Something that can easily be avoided
    In your experience it's done more by women. Wonder why that is...
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I just like how they're giving it a name like it's a new thing.

I somehow expected ghosting to be something else..

- - - Updated - - -

Or more likely shes a sociologist? Im not really sure why the hate Social science is getting nowdays, i could claim that people are idiots in general, but i mean social sciences were more respected in ancient Greece, yet somehow their sociologist gets respect now lol.
    It's just a marketing twat. And like most of their jobs (descriptions) it's a job creation scheme..

Damned if you do, damned if you dont

If you walk away without saying anything she will think you are a arsehole, If you walk away and say something she will CALL you an arsehole.

I can't believe this is being recognized as this new thing with its own term. Lol this has been happening forever. Been on the receiving end of this when I was younger and it actually upset me a lot but I just accepted the person really didn't like me anymore but wasn't considerate enough to just go "Yeah, I don't think this is going to work out with us.". Its kinda shitty thing to do but its not like this evil, unforgivable crime that makes someone a monster without morals. Its unpleasant just go to to someone and say you don't want to keep dating and not everyone wants to endure that discomfort and awkwardness for someone they probably haven't been seeing that long. With me I feel like I owe the person some kind of explanation and just bite down and tell them but that's just how I was raised and its unrealistic of me to expect everyone else to be that way, let alone get bitter about it.
    Last edited by Lucifuger; 2016-12-08 at 07:28 AM.

I think my latest Tinder thing is going this route. We hit it off it really well, messaged late into the night and pretty much continued from there the next day. When I brought up actually going on a date though she immediately took evasive and even somewhat rude action. Sometime after I responded with basically "well, okay then..." she sent me some bullshit meme saying "my idea of flirting is being as sarcastic as humanly possible and seeing if you can handle it". Thing is it's not a question of if I can handle it, but if I'm willing to. I'm 36 in a couple weeks and actually got a lot going for me nowadays; I don't have the time nor the patience for playing games.

I've been ghosted too a couple times and I don't hold it against them (well the first one stung though but that was a long time ago).

I've been both the ghoster and ghostee. In the end, life goes on. Although if I get divorced, I'll just remain single for the rest of my life, much less hassle than getting involved in this brave new world of dating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.