The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

The Donald Signs Terry Branstad for China Ambassador

https://www.yahoo.com/news/china-wel...044827438.html

Not a terrible choice. Iowa's governor is pretty cool with Xi Jingaping.

ALso, Iowa just got its first female governor in Kim Reynolds.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2016-12-09 at 03:49 AM.

Deleted
    Seems a pretty darn solid choice, the man have previous experience with the Chinese and he doesn't appear to have some muddled background (he actually has quite a positive one for a politician). I'd say the only thing that could be a negative is his age, 70 but that is rather minuscule an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Seems a pretty darn solid choice, the man have previous experience with the Chinese and he doesn't appear to have some muddled background (he actually has quite a positive one for a politician). I'd say the only thing that could be a negative is his age, 70 but that is rather minuscule an issue.
    His son got in a car drunk, killed an elderly couple in a head on collision, and got off with a slap on the wrist.

That's about it though. The State of Iowa always loved him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    His son got in a car drunk, killed an elderly couple in a head on collision, and got off with a slap on the wrist.

That's about it though. The State of Iowa always loved him.
    I didn't see that when I read up on him, but that is somewhat of a black mark if he had a hand in that sentencing being low. Still, I tend to be far more concerned with what kind and from whom they got money contributions, what laws they have passed and such, because those tend to be more telling of how they will handle their positions.

And I can certainly understand why Iowa loves him, the man lead that state in to prosperity from what I can understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't see that when I read up on him, but that is somewhat of a black mark if he had a hand in that sentencing being low. Still, I tend to be far more concerned with what kind and from whom they got money contributions, what laws they have passed and such, because those tend to be more telling of how they will handle their positions.

And I can certainly understand why Iowa loves him, the man lead that state in to prosperity from what I can understand.
    To be more specific, his son, Eric, was involved in a fatal crash that many believed he was drunk in. They couldn't prove it 100% .

I lean more to the "something fishy" side. They said he almost hit 3 cars prior to the crash. He also got arrested on OWI and other drug related charges some time later.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2016-12-09 at 04:09 AM.

Deleted
    To be more specific, his son, Eric, was involved in a fatal crash that many believed he was drunk in, but couldn't prove definitely.
    Okay, well that certainly makes it less of a thing. Why was he suspect of having been drunk at the time (if you know the details of it)?
    Last edited by mmoccd6b5b3be4; 2016-12-09 at 04:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, well that certainly makes it less of a thing. Why was he suspect of having been drunk at the time (if you know the details of it)?
    Not a lot of info on it. I guess it's just a local conspiracy

As someone whose lived in Iowa his whole life though, you have to be a special kind of dumb to drive into the opposite lane in a two way iowa street.

Deleted
    Not a lot of info on it. I guess it's just a local conspiracy

As someone whose lived in Iowa his whole life though, you have to be a special kind of dumb to drive into the opposite lane in a two way iowa street.
    Well, it isn't unheard of politicians getting low sentences for family or friends, so I guess that is likely where it springs from.

I wouldn't know, but freak accidents do happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Must've been a good pick.

Awfully quiet in here.

I'd rather have him as an ambassador to china than gov of iowa. He at least understands they're trying to steal our corn, no seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

The Dark Lord of the Ethanol Lobby gets to call himself an Ambassador.

Trump is really draining that swamp, giving big jobs to some of the biggest names in the fleecing of the American taxpayer.

By the way, it's also fucking hysterical he's named an Ambassador before naming Secretary of State. I guess he doesn't want to alienate his alt-right throngs before his inauguration. Well he will eventually have to name one!

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    The Dark Lord of the Ethanol Lobby gets to call himself an Ambassador.

Trump is really draining that swamp, giving big jobs to some of the biggest names in the fleecing of the American taxpayer.

By the way, it's also fucking hysterical he's named an Ambassador before naming Secretary of State. I guess he doesn't want to alienate his alt-right throngs before his inauguration. Well he will eventually have to name one!
    Ambassadors don't exactly fleece the American taxpayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Ambassadors don't exactly fleece the American taxpayer.
    He's talking about brandstad leading the way in ethanol fuel additives. Stuff he's already done, not going to do as ambassador. He was pushing additives even when they took more energy/larger co2 footprint to create than generated/reduced. AFAIK the tech has improved so it's no longer a net loss (don't know for sure), but from what I remember is still subsidized so that ethanol fuel additives are usually cheaper than gas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    He's talking about brandstad leading the way in ethanol fuel additives. Stuff he's already done, not going to do as ambassador. He was pushing additives even when they took more energy/larger co2 footprint to create than generated/reduced. AFAIK the tech has improved so it's no longer a net loss (don't know for sure), but from what I remember is still subsidized so that ethanol fuel additives are usually cheaper than gas.
    If it's not a net loss anymore, carbon-neutral fuel additives are a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it isn't unheard of politicians getting low sentences for family or friends, so I guess that is likely where it springs from.
    Remember when Laura Bush (née Welch) killed her ex and her father had to pay off the family?

Yeah, these kind of people are used to special treatment.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Deleted
    that's awesome. they will never learn to respect each other. the artificial island will finally do something.

Deleted
    Somewhere in 2017: "Destroy all documents and decoding machines and return to the US asap".

The Chinese like Terry Branstad and are happy that he is being considered. I'm sure they will see his nomination as a good sign.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland