Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Genn Greymane - The worst character in the Alliance. Started a war against the Horde over his son during the -biggest- Legion invasion -ever-. Thats a war crime.

Jaina Proudmoore - Wonderful leader. People mistake her anger against the Horde for being crazy when it is abolsutely justified by the amounts of civilians in Theramore and Dalaran they've killed.
    Say what?
    You sound a lot like a hypocrite here.

Aggra - Obessed with her husband, and has done nothing of late that defines her as a leader.
    Thrall - Okay character I guess.
    Saurfang - The only sensible character in the Horde. He feels like a leader with a backstory that roots him in that position well.
    Sylvanas - The worst character in the Horde. Started a war against the independent kingdom over stupid orders during the -biggest- Deathwing rage -ever-. Thats a war crime.
    Gallywix - Useless leader. Does absolutely nothing but this is blamed on Blizzard and not actual lore.
    Lor'themar, Rommath and Halduron - They don't feel like a council. You really just see Lor'themar issuing out most commands.
    Ji - Defected from the Horde ....but somehow is still the leader of the Huojin..??
    Lilian Voss - Wonderful leader. People mistake her anger against the Scarlet Crusade for being crazy when it is abolsutely justified by the amounts of civilians in Tirisfal and Silverpine they've killed.
    Gul'dan - Says others have no vision but when they happen, they're suddenly "new" to him. He's also pretty useless and a grey character. He should stay a Warlock and should've had Grom been the Horde leader of the Orcs.

Deleted
    How come muradin isnt dead? If muradin is alive, shouldnt arthas be alive aswell? Or am i totally wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchain View Post
    How come muradin isnt dead? If muradin is alive, shouldnt arthas be alive aswell? Or am i totally wrong?
    Did you not do the shadowmourne quest? NO wait wasnt that a ally quest back in wrath i forget?

Quote Originally Posted by BrummiePride View Post
    Did you not do the shadowmourne quest? NO wait wasnt that a ally quest back in wrath i forget?
    Alliance quest in Storm Peaks IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Alliance quest in Storm Peaks IIRC.
    Yeah you see a scene where muradin wakes up after the incident with frostmourne and wonders off all dazed but i forgot where it went after that

tell me, when was the last time horde stupidity got an aspect killed? thats right, fuck Malfurion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Okay well first, yes most of those chars suck.

Genn Is just a war criminal as well, he fights with us, cause he thinks the Horde abandoned him for no good reason, I mean how about...... talking? Asking why, send an envoy? Derp herp? King has no idea how to do that?
    Don't remember Genn or Gilneas ever being a part of the Horde for it to abandon them?

Speaking of abandoning the Horde, Veressa Windrunner.. she also seems to just hate the Horde for the actions of Garrosh and his loyalists, as well as Vol'jins horde for "Abandoning" the battlefield and loosing the Alliance a king, as she says so elegantly In her convos when you're doing the Suramar storyline.
    Vereesa is a High elf, they were never part of the horde and if she hates the horde for anything its probably the fact that the orcs killed her people, including her little brother in the first invasion.

And Jaina, Is just batshit crazy, I'm sorry but Blizzard ruined her, she's not justified, she's just angry and silly like Genn Is. I liked her more as the voice of reason, of peace and diplomacy, The deaths In Theramore were cause of Garrosh only, and Blizzard also ruining him, as they tried to first make him out to be a honourable good leader, as Is shown In the Stonetalon Peaks storyline for Horde. And then ruined later on. And Dalaran as well, Garrosh again. And her massacaring blood elves Is justifiable? They even wanted to join the bloody Alliance, and that's what happens when a crazy batshit person like Jaina get Into power.
    They have made Jaina a bit extreme, but she is right to be angry, she defended the horde for years (even against her father) and tried to foster peace and all she got was a smoking crater and then the sunreavers abused her trust. I would be kinda pissed too if the faction I had vocally defended for years suddenly fucked me over like that regardless of Garrosh being the one responsible. If one country fires a nuke at another, the world does not just go "Oh well, they were only following their leaders orders".

And Anduin Is made out to be a great potential character, who as we saw will live for many many years, longer then Varian as shown In his comic. However... where Is he? What's he doing, what? He's made out to be a "Major Character" In Legion, yet all we saw of him so far was In the Throne Room during Legion Pre-patch, and then the letter he gives you when you go to Stormheim with Genn. That's It.

Where Is the High King of the Alliance? It's almost half-way through the expansion, assuming 7.3 Is the last patch, and I very well assume It Is as they say It's the "End of the Legion" and we've got 7.1.5 In January, and 7.2 somewhere around April or May I'd assume. Which would already by the expansion In It's half year cicle, with most of the patches released and that's worrying.
    You know we are only 1 patch in right? We have an entire expansion ahead of us for things to get interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Lor'themar at least made an appearance in a few cutscenes, but otherwise hasn't done anything.
    Lor'themar Theron was basically the leader of the Coalition vs Gary in MoP. I felt he was the one leader who could command respect from his peeves and his rivals. And then went back to his pretty pillows in Silvermoon.

Many sad a blood elf could never be Warchief of The Horde, but considering Thrall and Varok Saurfang are the Orc leaders, there wouldn't have been a problem on that front. Vol'Jin and Baine wouldn't have had a problem with him. And he's the one leader of them that Sylvanas would have respected. No one really cares what Jasper thinks. Flip side, he had the respect of Jaina, which would mean favor with Varian and the overrated mages of the KT.

Jaina is kinda fun, she and her family are 100% responsible for her people being bombed into oblivion. She has no one to blame but herself. Now she points fingers like a dumb cunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Genn Greymane - The worst character in the Alliance. Started a war against the Horde over his son during the -biggest- Legion invasion -ever-. Thats a war crime.
    War crime? Are we going to take him and try him at the Hague?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    War crime? Are we going to take him and try him at the Hague?
    Nope, worse. We will leave him to morality beerpandas.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting that you have such differing feelings towards Genn & Jaina, considering they are both angry at the horde for laying waste to their city. Is that because Genn took action, while Jaina, upon failing to keep the horde from Dalaran, simply left?

I actually agree that both sides have terrible leaders. Even Khadgar feels more important than the other leaders. If I had to choose, I would say Sylvanas and Genn are the only ones that have an "okay" story line.

I know you didn't mean to put Mekkatorque anywhere near that list. Don't worry, I'll let it slide.

The entirety of the alliance is bad writing. I mean, Humans and Night Elves working alongside each other? Right. Makes about as much sense as troggs helping out dwarves.

I think we will have great character's when we need them. But this Addon is centered around your own character. We had great Heroes in Addons that weren't centered around you.
    I never felt the lack of great characters. There were great Heroes in Burning Crusade, Wrath, Cataclysm... in Mists we got still some good heroes and in Warlords we started being the hero ourselves. Now in Legion we are all little gods and noone feels great compared to us, even when there are heroes like:
    Alleria and Turalyon. We have Khadgar and some others chars that sadly aren't really well known if you weren't into lore via warcraft I+II + books.
    Even when I see Illidan killing guldan I can't see him as a badass anymore. I liked him in warcraft III but now I feel like I could beat him to crap with my Fu Zan.

Alliance was always underwritten by BLizzard, it's always reacting and being completely bland.

At least what Greymane does is justified and not artificially imposed attempt to make someone from Alliznce bad as a counterpart to Garrosh like it was in MoP first zone

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Nope, worse. We will leave him to morality beerpandas.
    Guess he needs to watch out of the drop bears too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajidehak View Post
    No, she was supposed to become mind controlled by Tichondrius and his dreadlords and we supposed to save her. But Blizz thought that would be too stupid for the high priestess of Elune -who even Archimonde couldn't do anything to her- to get mind controlled by some stupid dreadlords. So they removed it. Clearly those writers who hate her wanted wanted to show that she is weak minded and easily gets MCed (sad people really) but others who care about a good story disagreed with the whole concept.
    However, I feel that they intended to give her some love after all. Suramar was a good start imo. Hope they keep this up.
    Oh, I see. Thanks for jogging my mind on the matter. Suramar is really their peak right now. I have played all of the available Nightborn storyline and its very, very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    -
    snip
    Tyrande showed the ability to think rationally when leaving Malfurion to save her temple. A rarity among the Alliance.
    - Malfurion. Old and useless. Gets the shit beat out of him by a satyr repeatedly.
    - Anduin. Potential going to waste, sitting on a chair lamenting daddy issues while the fate of the world is being decided is hardly a kingly trait.
    - Greymane. Just lost his king (that he only got a few years ago, so clearly they are immortal blood brothers now right?) and also lost his son to the Horde leader. Shows that, while reckless, he is also stupid and would rather risk the entire world's destruction at the hands of the Legion to pursue his petty whining
    - Mechatorque is useless.
    - Dwarves are all over the place, could really use some focus by Blizzard.
    - Jaina is the Alliance version of Garrosh, a barely contained psychopath who values her revenge more then saving the entire planet (man, you guys got quite a few "fuck the planet I want to kill orcs" idiots as leaders....)
    - Velen is paving the way into Argus. I expect more from him soon, but so far, he's been "meh".

Then we have the horde leaders.

- Thrall made the Horde, then left it to become Green Jesus and save us all... over... and over... and over.... seriously, fucking kill him already
    - Baine. See: Anduin
    - Lor'themar. See: Anduin
    - Sylvanas. Interesting curve so far, really hope they arent just going to make her the Lich Queen.... sigh... thats prolly what they are going to do since they are lazy.
    - Gallywix. Most useless character in the game imo.
    - Trolls: Not important enough to even get a leader.

The leader stories are non-existent or ludicrously 1 dimensional, but after seeing what they're turning Illidan in to, maybe it's for the best.

My take on your ideas