Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    I'll take my chances with a free press over non-fictional newspeak any day, bud.
    yea, "free press", keep living in a fairytale, bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Obama didnt want the no-fly zone... only Hillary wanted that.
    Sorry correction, only Hillary. But i meant Obama always talked about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Wait there is free press? I thought we only had wikileaks left.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeponrage View Post
    they were resettled to Uzbekistan (75% of them), where climate is warm. Siberia saw only about 5% of deported Crimean tatars.

And, actually, indeed, Stalin had gone against a law in this particular case. In accordance with war-time law nazi collaborators from crimean tatars should have faced prosecution in some form depending on their guilt (gulag term, deportation, execution, etc) - the way that any Russian, Ukranian, Belorussian would go if he'd collaborated with Nazis. But in a case of crimean tatars that would mean, that a huge chunk of males of productive age would be separated from their women, that, in its turn, would mean a slow death of a small ethnic group such as crimean tatars.
    Right, I made a geographic oversight. But as for the rest... are we starting to laud Joe Stalin as a mild and merciful men for merely uprooting an entire people and settling them in the desert when he could have slaughtered them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    You're free to explain why the U.S would intentionally arm and then kill Al-Qaeda variant leadership, just take care not step in the bullshit while doing it.
    This is very easy to explain when you realise that the powers that be within the USA are not all pulling in the same direction.

Basically speaking, the 'establishment' is effectively the oligarcy, the 1%, big business. And its in their interest to keep the flames burning in the Middle East because they profit massively from the wars and instability.

However, the government and official policy clearly states different. Therefore the official line is that the USA is trying to diffuse the Middle Eastern problems.

Its all a matter of perspective... and ofc u cannot trust official sources to even discuss the possibility of the 'establishment' motives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    Sorry correction, only Hillary. But i meant Obama always talked about it.
    Obama even went as far as to say a no-fly zone was crazy because it would pull the USA into a direct war with Russia, and that he didnt wnat that.

That was long before Hillary started telling the press that she was going to implement a no-fly zone urgently once she was elected.... dummass.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    This is very easy to explain when you realise that the powers that be within the USA are not all pulling in the same direction.

Basically speaking, the 'establishment' is effectively the oligarcy, the 1%, big business. And its in their interest to keep the flames burning in the Middle East because they profit massively from the wars and instability.

However, the government and official policy clearly states different. Therefore the official line is that the USA is trying to diffuse the Middle Eastern problems.

Its all a matter of perspective... and ofc u cannot trust official sources to even discuss the possibility of the 'establishment' motives.

- - - Updated - - -

Obama even went as far as to say a no-fly zone was crazy because it would pull the USA into a direct war with Russia, and that he didnt wnat that.

That was long before Hillary started telling the press that she was going to implement a no-fly zone urgently once she was elected.... dummass.
    Well yes and that's what our Generals told Congress

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't get the concept of using one group against the other then getting rid of that group once it outlived its usefulness
    Let's say I accept your premise that the U.S is knowingly working with ISIS and Al-Qaeda to topple Assad's regime; they haven't outlived their usefulness yet have they? If you haven't noticed, Aleppo is all but taken by Assad and Iranian forces, and taking out al-Sham leadership aids Assad more than it hurts him. Killing al-Sham/al-Nusra leaders doesn't help the Kurds, the Turkish-backed FSA, and it doesn't aid ISIS in any way. The claim doesn't hold up to even the most pessimistic theories, let alone rational ones.

because if ties were uncovered, reputation would be damaged, do you? And I don't have a counter argument in case you want to blame me in conspiracy theorism or wearing a tinfoil hat.
    But know this, probably many people that believed in 1933 that Reichstag was burned by Hitler were called conspiracy theorists and accused of wearing tinfoil hat. Someday we shall learn the truth, doesn't matter how harsh it sounds, I hope you've got some safespace to retreat to once it happens.
    You are wearing a tin-foil hat.

- - - Updated - - -

You unironically defended Milosevic against intervention. Live with that if you can, but I can assure you my self-image will remain intact regardless of what you say about me.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Right, I made a geographic oversight. But as for the rest... are we starting to laud Joe Stalin as a mild and merciful men for merely uprooting an entire people and settling them in the desert when he could have slaughtered them?
    well, first they weren't settled in a desert. Uzbekistan, surely, has plenty of them, but in there people mainly settle near rivers and artificially irrigated areas.

...on the part about Stalin's decision? What should he do? Forgive them, when any other Soviet citizen that did the same crime would face punishment? That wouldn't be a popular decision, believe me, and Russians/Ukranians who were about to return to Crimea would take a matter in their own hands and lynch the fuck out of them - that's how people punish each other when authority wash their hands on such a matters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    So don't go prodding estonians to start shoot russians n then screech "Russian agression" when they react to hostility. Don't poke the bear n bitch when u get the paw.
    Those Russians wouldnt even want to join Russia as cause Russia is very poor compared to Estonia. Crimean Russians had something to gain from it, like better living standards and trading one trashhole of a country for a slightly better one.

7+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't justify the EU encouraging the overthrow of an elected country in the first place. Why are we blaming Russia when it's the EU's fault also. It's not right.
    Sadly my countrys media first arrived in Ukriane after the "revolution" started, so i can't say much about EUs involvement with the situation. I think that both are proberly partial to blame for the sitautin, but the Ukrainian goverment proberly also had alot to do with it

The reason behind it all is really because the western world like having an enemy in Russia, because it helps unite the other nations in some way Lets just be honest here: Russia have not had a good past with the most of europe, so there is not really alot of good will to reach out to
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Well, you DO laud US that did same with Japanese citizens in same time period.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the number of ethnic Russians in Estonia and Russia's historic willingness to interfere in internal affairs of other countries to "defend" all "Russians", it is a very real risk. That is not saying it is likely to happen in the near future, just that the risk is very real.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering China is the threat, that wont happen. We need Russia to take down China
    No, we just need Russia to prevent China from controlling Siberia. Russia has 2 valid purposes in life: supply the civilized portions of Europe with hydrocarbons and metals, and preventing China from having unrestricted access to Siberia.

Latvian here.
    I am not worried, purely because we are in NATO. That our best decision to join when we did. Because... I have a very strong feeling that otherwise we would have had our own "little green people", our own "Latgale National Republic"...

Now we are close to finally reaching those 2% to spend on defence. Actually, we can kinda thank Russia for that. Without you guys our military would receive less and less. It was nice wakeup call you made for us... xD Be happy for us and your goverment! /s