Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

No word on Gul'dan until we fight him I guess?

Anyone else find it odd how little any of the NPCs mention Gul'dan ever since the intro to Legion? We spent all of WoD chasing him, and now there's this weird gap where he doesn't exist in the lore until we kill him and loot his corpse.

Just bad storytelling? Or am I missing something.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I nicked a staff off of him at some point while leveling.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Anyone else find it odd how little any of the NPCs mention Gul'dan ever since the intro to Legion? We spent all of WoD chasing him, and now there's this weird gap where he doesn't exist in the lore until we kill him and loot his corpse.

Just bad storytelling? Or am I missing something.
    The conclusion to the Suramar storyline has yet to come, but indeed no sign of Gul'dan for the majority of classes since Broken Shore.

10+ Year Old Account
    He makes a brief appearance in the Demon Hunter starter experience. And was a point of focus in the pre-expansion audio novel (that was quite good!). But yeah.. he seems quite absent otherwise.

when you are busy trying to open up a portal to argus, i doubt you have enough free time to wander around like an idiot

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's the same with Burning Legion as a whole. Despite this being their biggest invasion yet, we probably killed more harpies and nightmare minions than demons. Their presence limited to an occasional named demon being a quest boss and random grunts patrolling Suramar. Sure, next patch is supposed to be about them, but so far... nothing.

I suppose he's "busy" in Nighthold, preparing some powerful ritual... but again, it's pretty inconsistent. He managed to trivially arrange a Legion invasion without us noticing and it took him almost no time at all. But now, he's been holed in Suramar for weeks and nothing came out of it. Elisande worked a lot harder for title of Big Bad than he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    when you are busy trying to open up a portal to argus, i doubt you have enough free time to wander around like an idiot
    We met a dozens of named demons back in Broken Shore scenario, enough to overpower both Alliance and Horde. And yet, after all this time "opening portal to Argus", he achieved nothing.

Hell, random trash mobs in Arcway "open portal to argus" summoning imps. That's more than he did.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2016-12-09 at 03:00 PM.

He's likely working on the ritual to channel the energies of the Nightwell into a new portal for the rest of the Legion, he has no time to waste on us directly.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    It's the same with Burning Legion as a whole. Despite this being their biggest invasion yet, we probably killed more harpies and nightmare minions than demons. Their presence limited to an occasional named demon being a quest boss and random grunts patrolling Suramar. Sure, next patch is supposed to be about them, but so far... nothing.

I suppose he's "busy" in Nighthold, preparing some powerful ritual... but again, it's pretty inconsistent. He managed to trivially arrange a Legion invasion without us noticing and it took him almost no time at all. But now, he's been holed in Suramar for weeks and nothing came out of it. Elisande worked a lot harder for title of Big Bad than he did.We met a dozens of named demons back in Broken Shore scenario, enough to overpower both Alliance and Horde. And yet, after all this time "opening portal to Argus", he achieved nothing.

Hell, random trash mobs in Arcway "open portal to argus" summoning imps. That's more than he did.
    Did you missed the part where the whole point of the legion invasion is to bring Sargeras to Azeroth? do you think that a shitty portal that spit imps is enough to summon him??

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Execept he almost singlehandedly opened the way for the Legion to invade (with the aid of Cordana to get his hands on IlliShard).

And on the Broken shore there was only a small group of soldiers and heroes.

We don't see many demons around because they are focusing on Suramar and the Tomb.
    Last edited by seraknis; 2016-12-09 at 03:22 PM.

Deleted
    Have been thinking the same. But the main enemy is "the Legion" where guldan is nothing but a tool.
    It is not like Wotlk where LK shows up inside dungeons, and we can look at his fortress and know where he is.
    Guldan was last seen at the shore, and no one have heard of him since.
    My guess is that he is at the tomb, and that we will see him in 7.1.5 doing something. Current patch focus at the suramar crisis leading up to nighthold. It could been cool if Guldan did something there to help the Legions grip on the city... But whatever.. I guess Blizzard wanted something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    i know its hard to grasp the concept because it feels like months and months have gone by since the story began, but its only 7.1 right now. thats like just 1 single chapter in the grand scheme of things.

we havent even seen 7.2 yet, all we have for that is a rough idea but the details are whats important. lets have this conversation again when we are mid way thru the 7.2 PTR. but for right now, its seems too premature.

i guess some people expect to see him in every other quest like some sort of Mario~land baddie, but id rather not have it forced down my throat like what has been done for the past 3 expansions now.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2016-12-09 at 03:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Have been thinking the same. But the main enemy is "the Legion" where guldan is nothing but a tool.
    It is not like Wotlk where LK shows up inside dungeons, and we can look at his fortress and know where he is.
    Guldan was last seen at the shore, and no one have heard of him since.
    My guess is that he is at the tomb, and that we will see him in 7.1.5 doing something. Current patch focus at the suramar crisis leading up to nighthold. It could been cool if Guldan did something there to help the Legions grip on the city... But whatever.. I guess Blizzard wanted something else.
    You've heard about him, just not directly. Gul'dan is the one who convinced Skovald to join the Legion. Everything in Stormheim that deals with the Felskorn is essentially the result of Gul'dan's meddling. I don't think it's ever explicitly mentioned, but it's very likely he also was the one who convinced Torok Bloodtotem to do the same. Everything happening in Blackrook Hold is a side-effect of Gul'dan's ritual to separate Illidan's soul from his body. He is the one who struck a deal with the Nightborne, forcing them to surrender the Nightwell to the Legion. He then locked himself in the Nightwell to have access to its energy.

He's not a very present villain, yet his presence can be felt everywhere. He essentially created several hurdles for the players on the Broken Isles to give himself plenty of time to contact Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    i know its hard to grasp the concept because it feels like months and months have gone by since the story began, but its only 7.1 right now. thats like just 1 single chapter in the grand scheme of things.

we havent even seen 7.2 yet, all we have for that is a rough idea but the details are whats important. lets have this conversation again when we are mid way thru the 7.2 PTR. but for right now, its seems too premature.

i guess some people expect to see him in every other quest like some sort of Mario~land baddie, but id rather not have it forced down my throat like what has been done for the past 3 expansions now.
    7.2 is Tomb of Sargeras patch, which will come out 5-6 months after Nighthold and Gul'dan's death. You're acting like he's final villain of an expansion and not a final boss in a raid that will open in early January.

I much prefer this to encountering him ala Lich King. He has no reason to keep us alive, and knows we are a credible threat so we wouldn't get ignored/swept under the rug and we certainly wouldn't survive a 1 on 1 encounter. I'd rather the story say he's been locked up in the Nighthold preparing to summon Sargeras than out acting like a cartoon villain.

Don't forget Gul'dan is still largely a coward and has no real love for the nightborn. He likely has no problems letting them fight/die while he does his thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    7.2 is Tomb of Sargeras patch, which will come out 5-6 months after Nighthold and Gul'dan's death. You're acting like he's final villain of an expansion and not a final boss in a raid that will open in early January.
    7.2 is nighthold. 7.3 is Tomb of Sargeras. 7.4 is Argus.

Deleted
    i guess they wanna do a bit of a surprise ending for nighthold.

i'm sure a lot of people currently assume elisande is the end boss, but then OH WAIT WTF GULDAN IS HERE WUTS GOING ON?

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    7.2 is nighthold. 7.3 is Tomb of Sargeras. 7.4 is Argus.
    This can't be farther from truth.
    https://youtu.be/66j8_GLXD-A?t=24m2s
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    i guess they wanna do a bit of a surprise ending for nighthold.

i'm sure a lot of people currently assume elisande is the end boss, but then OH WAIT WTF GULDAN IS HERE WUTS GOING ON?
    Gul'dan was confirmed as end boss of Nighthold on Blizzcon 2015, I doubt it would come as a surprise for anyone. Not even worth mentioning that he's been mentioned in Nighthold achievements and Adventure Journal since 7.0 prepatch.
    Last edited by Rogalicus; 2016-12-09 at 04:18 PM.

For a ''biggest Legion invasion ever'' it sure as hell isn't feeling like one. The only places where they have a presence are in Azsuna and Suramar, but then they have factions like the Felsworn in Stormheim and the Bloodtotem in Highmountain to do their work. Gul'dan is just merely a pawn, but I would've liked to see him more.

Frankly, the bad guy storytelling has been bad save for The Lich King in WOTLK in all of WoW, IMHO.

In general, the Legion should be making a bigger threat in the ongoing game right now, but it really isn't. (That seemingly won't happen until 7.2)

I can understand Gul'Dan not showing up as much, but the legion itself has been pretty fucking lackluster once you finish your order hall missions.

7+ Year Old Account
    when you go into hiding for months and no one sees you well you work on some stuff (btw we did see mention of him in vault of the wardens, and the broken shore)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Frankly, the bad guy storytelling has been bad save for The Lich King in WOTLK in all of WoW, IMHO.

In general, the Legion should be making a bigger threat in the ongoing game right now, but it really isn't. (That seemingly won't happen until 7.2)

I can understand Gul'Dan not showing up as much, but the legion itself has been pretty fucking lackluster once you finish your order hall missions.
    to be fair until 7.2 we wont know exactly why, as we can see if they wanted they could spread out and stomp us, but they seem to be doing something (my guess is defending the tomb, trying to summon sargeras)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content