Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Well thats kinda my point, they are already nerfed below what they are supposed to be in the comics, and the hope was that they'd be buffed in the later stages of the Infinity War arc, but with the news that Marvel will be the most powerful, those hopes look to have been dashed.
    just wait when Carol stomps both Thor and Hulk combined.

she will definitely fight one of those two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    just wait when Carol stomps both Thor and Hulk combined.

she will definitely fight one of those two.
    It'll be Hulk. He's the benchmark so far for "lolpower", so if they show Carol smacking him around it's an easy way to show "See, she's SO powerful!"
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    It'll be Hulk. He's the benchmark so far for "lolpower", so if they show Carol smacking him around it's an easy way to show "See, she's SO powerful!"
    nah it will be Thor.

we already got Thor vs Iron Man, Thor vs Hulk and Hulk vs Hulkbuster.

against Thor there is more than just strength so she can prove something more.

she will smack Thor around like a bitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    she will smack Thor around like a bitch.
    Yeah, sadly that's probably true... Which will make me hate this whole situation even more .

Thor >>>>>>>>>>> Captain Marvel.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    This.
    This is the actual complaint with regards to the Captain Marvel/MCU situation, but as ever, instead of addressing the point, its just easier to shout down the criticism by calling everyone a sexist.
    Agreed.
    Although on the original point, I have to wonder if they didn't want to make Thor the big dog for the simple reason that Disney didn't want to make an issue of the "God of Thunder" thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    I suspect that people would be rather annoyed with Nova being played out to be so much stronger than he should be. Perhaps the arguments would be somewhat different I don't know. However, Silver Surfer probably isn't a good example because that is a character that would probably fit into Gallahadd's view of "genuinely deserved to be as strong as they are". The Power Cosmic and all that.
    Nova at full power came close to a Herald of Galactus.
    (Although the Silver Surfer did actually take on the Hulk by absorbing his radiation temporarily. SS eventually becomes an exception (writer's fiat likely a play here) among Heralds because Galactus made him into one; his first and greatest Herald and one whose was given additional power during the Annihilation sequence. )
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    ... Like who? Thor was brought "down to Earth" KINDA....
    Kinda? I know that fight between Thor and Iron Man had to be a bit...staged by Whedon, but there really should never have been any question about it.
    Upon considering it further...you seem to be actually criticizing the fact that they used the characters without actually using the characters as they were in the comics...

Which I certainly would agree with I mean...in GotG I expected dozens of Nova corpsmen zooming through those enemy ships, and tearing into that Kree warship. No, instead we have a bunch of mercs...And speaking of Xandar, just how weak they turned out to be? Where the hell was their navy? Ok, the Kree are a militaristic society that has a serious racial superiority complex that respects only strength. Ever vigilant Xandarian warships patrolling the borders I can see. Although they apparently missed a spot (Re: Nova Primes communique with the Kree Ambassador denouncing Kree fanatics attacks on a colony)
    A de-powered Nova Corp still annoys me though.

And this was not the Gamora that organized suicide bombers in the comic-books, who was also worshipped as a (cult of) personality on another world as an avatar of death) The prisoners should have given Gamora a wide berth the same way they gave Drax. The "deadliest woman in the galaxy" sure wasn't.

Ronan was just too silly. His characterization deserved better. Big gun of the Kree and this is what we got. A one-note villain totally forgettable. And who were his minions? They didn't look Kree to me. Almost as bad as not having one single "human rocket."
    And nothing in the way of characterizing the Kree. Nebula was a waste of space.
    And the Drax we got seemed to be the latest version of him, but...he seemed as stupid as his earlier Hulk incarnation, not the smart savvy fighter that was more or less an amped version of Wolverine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Seriously, what Upper+/cosmic heroes have they introduced? I'm drawing a blank.
    Sadly, in light of all that was produced, I have to agree. There's this "humanizing" or perhaps better to say "terranizing" element. No one seems neither more than or less than capable than a normal Terran. It's no wonder that Groot was the "big gun" in GotG...which is ridiculous) And the "Collector is no powerful "Elder" either as we see at the end credits. Nor is Gamora feared for her tie to Thanos.
    (Yes, I have a lot of hate for GotG)

Not gonna lie, these complaints about the powerlevels of certain characters not being on par with some iteration of their comic counterpart is triggering my schadenfreude.

she will get a buff.

you cannot nerf Hulk, Thor and Scarlet Witch more than they already are
    Hey, maybe Thor and Hulk die in Ragnarok and that's how Captain Marvel gets "strongest" mantle.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Hey, maybe Thor and Hulk die in Ragnarok and that's how Captain Marvel gets "strongest" mantle.
    There's only ONE way in which I could accept Thor dying in Ragnarok...

If he comes back in Infinity War as Rune King Thor .

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Me right now

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    More accessible Deadpool

Its like the 3rd movie incarnation of Spiderman for a lot of us...still going to watch it though.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, It's just more of the same really. I mean it looks quite funny, action looks good...

But there was nothing new or interesting about the trailer. There was nothing in it that made me say "WOW, I've not seen that before, I really have to see that!"

Also, REALLY hope they don't take the obvious route with Zendaya...

We see her "Dressed Down" in this, while Peter drools over that other girl. I'm guessing Zendaya will be the "Cool girl friend" who at the end will clean herself up and peter will realise "Hey, the girl I should have been with has been beside me all along, who KNEW!"

We all knew Pete.

ANYONE who has seen an 80s RomCom knew from the start.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how Uncle Ben is not in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I like how Uncle Ben is not in the movie.
    Poor uncle Ben needed a break from all the shooting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Poor uncle Ben needed a break from all the shooting.
    He really did

Its almost comical at this point. Like Thomas and Martha Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    He really did

Its almost comical at this point. Like Thomas and Martha Wayne.
    Why did you say that name?!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khime View Post
    why did you say that name?!?
    maaarrrthhhaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deleted
    Maybe the Vulture has an Aunt May as well.

man, can i just say how fucking awesome beetlejuice is at being vulture.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    man, can i just say how fucking awesome beetlejuice is at being vulture.
    Had experience being the Birdman !