Thread: No Man's Sky

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Oh, my god. Why are you so desperate to say I think you're stupid?
    When did it become being about me?

I was, in fact, referring to the fallacy; hence the Capital Letters.
    I don't see a connection between capital letters and a fallacy. The fallacy is called "sunk cost fallacy". "Sunk cost" is also a thing separate from the fallacy.
    Even if your definition of 'stupid' includes 'irrational', at no point did I say that everyone who likes NMS was engaging in the Sunk Cost Fallacy. Hell, I didn't say that anyone who likes NMS was.
    I didn't say you called anyone stupid. I ASKED if you did.
    The only reason I quoted you at all was because you were claiming that SCF somehow couldn't apply to NMS, which is completely bizarre.
    Nothing bizzare, only mmos are subject to that. You know the games in which you can have LOTS of investment on all possible fronts. Look at wow fanbois.

And at this point, we're completely derailing the topic and you've proven that you are immensely butthurt at even the mere suggestion that some people - not even you, just anyone - who likes NMS unironically might be fooling themselves out of an irrational desire to justify their purchase, because human beings have to be completely logical and apathetic at all times and psychological quirks only happen to the weak-minded, apparently. So we're done. You can go back to white knighting your game against the mean, mean people.
    Yeah, right just listen to yourself. People who like the game are obviously victims of psychological quirks. And people who didn't like the game are all so smart that they didn't fall victim to the Sunk Cost Fallacy, even though they too have bought the game, some of them couldn't refund it even.
    Can you see now what you are saying? White knighting my ass.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

15+ Year Old Account
    And all this 'only you can answer that' and 'you can just return it' stuff? Yeah, not the slightest bit helpful. I'm looking for opinions from people who have played the game, and you guys are acting like reviews aren't a thing.
    You haven't told anyone what value it would have for you. We don't know the games you enjoy, what you are expecting out of NMS, what you think you'll get from NMS, and all of that stuff. It is a game that either you will enjoy or hate and only you can decide if you will like that based on everything you have read about the game. And given you are making comments that have the perception of being informed you know about the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/264710/

It costs less 40€ than NMS, the genre is the same (although the theme is slightly different), it has/had more content than NMS (at on NMS release, shit such as base building, terraforming, taming wildlife, and so on.), unlike NMS the majority of the reviews are actually positive and the developers are transparent enough to at least warn you that you are paying for something that is still unfinished.
    It is however being transitioned into a survival explore game into an action survival game. Which is moving it away from the type of game NMS is. Some of the recent reviews touch on these points. And it should be noted that reviews for the game were inflated after NMS release as many were scoring/reviewing it on steam simply as "Not NMS" etc.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It doesn't matter. I haven't criticized anyone for criticizing the game. I have discussed their reasons for why they feel that way and how they are flawed. By the same token I could say you and the others who have done nothing but attack the game are on Microsoft's pay roll. (since NMS was a high profile PS title). That said though not all criticisms are valid.
    It clearly bothers you when people say negative things about this game, which is why you've made so many posts in this thread - a thread which you don't appear to have read very well.

Microsoft's payroll? You know it's on PC... on the Windows platform... which is made by Microsoft... doh!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    It clearly bothers you when people say negative things about this game, which is why you've made so many posts in this thread - a thread which you don't appear to have read very well.Microsoft's payroll? You know it's on PC... on the Windows platform... which is made by Microsoft... doh!
    So because I don't agree with some thing it must bother me? Its called a discussion for a reason. You know to discuss things? Thats why I've made so many posts in this thread. And do tell why I haven't appeared to read the thread very well? Since you seemed to have missed the point with my Microsoft comment I will explain. I was referring to the Xbox when talking about Microsoft since they own the direct competitor to Sony's PS4. I was using your silly comment right back at you but I guess only one of us can be tongue in cheek.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

lol

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    lol

No thanks. I'm not a masochist.

I'd join them if i could. I mean, who the hell wouldve joined Naughty Dog after their first game "Way of the Warrior". :P

...now THERE is a game that failed its promises even worse, for those that remember! ;P

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I'd join them if i could. I mean, who the hell wouldve joined Naughty Dog after their first game "Way of the Warrior". :P

...now THERE is a game that failed its promises even worse, for those that remember! ;P
    ...I don't think they promised anything with that game. It was made for less than $100,000 and was probably one of the least awful 'original' games for the 3DO. I mean, that game was sat next to Night Trap on store shelves. The bar was so low, it might well not have existed.

Quality control and assurance for games has changed in the past 22 years so irrelevant. Also 3DO was a piece of crap console which had a bunch of crappy games, was overpriced at launch and had no major developers for it unlike the SNES and Mega Drive at the time. Just like the Phillips CDi with the educational games and Zelda and Mario games they were allowed to use from the initial SNES-CD fallout. Hell another couple of really trash games for the 3DO are Jurassic Park Interactive and Plumbers Don't Wear Ties.

Also let's not forget when that launched the new gen was on it's way. It launched in 1993 in America when the Saturn was on it's way in Japan and the PS1 was in development. In fact when it launched in Japan in March 1994 the PS1 was about to be shown off to the public as well as being launched in 9 months.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-09 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    ...I don't think they promised anything with that game. It was made for less than $100,000 and was probably one of the least awful 'original' games for the 3DO. I mean, that game was sat next to Night Trap on store shelves. The bar was so low, it might well not have existed.
    Oh they did. I worked for one of the major leading vid-game mags durring that time. The backlash of people hating our reviews because they (the makers) promised 200 moves per character.... till the game came out. POOF...silence from the audience...

Oh they did. I worked for one of the major leading vid-game mags durring that time. The backlash of people hating our reviews because they (the makers) promised 200 moves per character.... till the game came out. POOF...silence from the audience...
    Source on that? Other than you claiming you worked at one of the leading magazines. Exact words from Naughty Dog that said "200 moves per character".

Also read what I posted above. Quality assurance and control was crappy 22 years ago hell even 16 years ago it was still crap when games like Superman 64 and Big Rigs got through. Also the 3DO itself was a failure of a system and published quite a few bad titles along with the infamous Phillips CDi. Plumbers Don't Wear Ties for example is infamous as one of the worst games ever released and I can back that up after playing that godawful thing.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-09 at 03:52 AM.

Will contact you privately eleccy! ^_^

Will contact you privately eleccy! ^_^
    Or you know post it here. You made the claim in a public forum would like to see the evidence in a public forum. But again ignoring the main point of this which is quality assurance and control for games has changed drastically in 22 years.

10+ Year Old Account

Wutevs, I Loved that. It sucked.... but I loved it. It had white zombie music. And it was bundled with Gex. <3 3D0

They never said 200 moves per character. You can still find the old 2-page spread adverts from magazines at the time, claiming 60-80 moves per character.

(Big picture)

http://www.retrogamingaus.com/wordpr...-Warrior-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Wutevs, I Loved that. It sucked.... but I loved it. It had white zombie music. And it was bundled with Gex. <3 3D0
    And shaky jake...can't forget a name like that. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    They never said 200 moves per character. You can still find the old 2-page spread adverts from magazines at the time, claiming 60-80 moves per character.

(Big picture)

http://www.retrogamingaus.com/wordpr...-Warrior-1.jpg
    Huh, my memory must be getting crossed-wires with Tekken or something...my bad! but yeah, even then that number was still a big fat lie from them and we got shit from the audience...until the game came out :P. PS. Nice find, btw!

And shaky jake...can't forget a name like that. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Huh, my memory must be getting crossed-wires with Tekken or something...my bad! but yeah, even then that number was still a big fat lie from them and we got shit from the audience...until the game came out :P. PS. Nice find, btw!
    There are around 60 or more standard ones per character. So no they didn't lie. You made a claim that was disproved. Accept it and move on. You tried to bring up another game 22 years old and claim it did something worse than No Man's Sky. You were disproved constantly.

Oh and 25 fatalities with 2 unique ones per character along with Magic. So again they didn't lie.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-09 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Erm... wasn't that what he just did? o.O;
    He accepted the initial response then tried to claim there weren't 60 or 80 which was then disproved by me. Basically he tried again to make a claim that was false.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/3do/563234-...rior/faqs/2626

More than 65 standard moves per character. Each character has 15-20 character
    specific or unique moves.

If you look above as well in the promo it does say "60 to 80 unique moves, specials and terminations per character" That 60 to 80 means standard moves just like any other fighting game. Even I've played it and there is a shit ton of standard moves and a good amount of specials, magic stuff and fatalities.

To be honest though this is kind of getting off of the topic of No Man's Sky and bordering on game vs game.

even then that number was still a big fat lie from them
    Right there.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-09 at 11:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    He accepted the initial response then tried to claim there weren't 60 or 80 which was then disproved by me. Basically he tried again to make a claim that was false.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/3do/563234-...rior/faqs/2626

More than 65 standard moves per character. Each character has 15-20 character
    specific or unique moves.

If you look above as well in the promo it does say "60 to 80 unique moves, specials and terminations per character" That 60 to 80 means standard moves just like any other fighting game. Even I've played it and there is a shit ton of standard moves and a good amount of specials, magic stuff and fatalities.
    So one says only 15-20 unique moves per character while you point out the promo says 60 to 80 unique moves per character. All while claiming that they didn't lie. Okay then...

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So one says only 15-20 unique moves per character while you point out the promo says 60 to 80 unique moves per character. All while claiming that they didn't lie. Okay then...
    60-80 standard unique moves. That is what was meant. Just poorly worded. Again though this has nothing to do with No Man's Sky at all so no point continuing. Just derailing the thread. I mean if you lot want to go ahead but I'd rather discuss No Man's Sky.