Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Isn't this the third time OP has posted this?

Again, rich people jerking it over how much richer they are going to get under Trump. That's all this is.
    It's the same thing we see day in and day out. 'Hey look at this painfully short term thing that's looking positive! See guys, Trump is great!' despite not doing a thing yet. In the meantime they ignore every lie he's told since winning office, and we see the richest cabinet in history, and have people appointed to positions they have tried to sue or shut down for years. We'll see what happens when he actually starts being in office, and we'll see how the lower and middle class is in two years.

Deleted
    So will that lead to an even faster and bigger crash, or will we finally achieve Nirvana? Because I don't see a whole lot of other options in this regard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    But what if the next 4-8 years are one of amazing economic growth and prosperity, with Trump's fiscal policy creating a New Deal type solution for all those jobs, spreading wealth to everyone more equally (let's face it, that hasn't happened under Obama) and solving the global debt overhang from 2008

Will you then admit you were just wrong?

Or would you say "wait 16 years for the full effects of this terrible presidency to really be understood"
    Examples please

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Do the thing.
    "i have a great economic plan, believe me, i won´t tell you because then everyone will do it! maga"
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love how the Left has responded in such a flip-flop manner.

Pre-Election - "OMG TRUMP IS GOING TO START A WAR WITH RUSSIA!!" - Trump instead opens his arms to co-operation with other Countries - "OMFG HE'S A PUTIN PUPPET!"

Pre-Election - "OMG TRUMP WILL RUIN OUR ECONOMY THINK ABOUT THE POOR PEOPLE!" - Trump instead makes the economy start climbing "OMG THE ECONOMY GROWING IS BAD FOR POOR PEOPLE!"

Nice contradictions guys, but Bravo on needing to latch onto anything to keep up your Trump Hate Bandwagon. Takes real determination to be that hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Third functionally identical thread by Xarim on this subject. Still ignoring every counter argument.
    I think he's just being a booster and doing this for facetious reasons. I mean trump hasn't even taken office and he's already calling him a success for no other reason than to tell others that he's a success.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post

Pre-Election - "OMG TRUMP IS GOING TO START A WAR WITH RUSSIA!!" - Trump instead opens his arms to co-operation with other Countries - "OMFG HE'S A PUTIN PUPPET!"

Pre-Election - "OMG TRUMP WILL RUIN OUR ECONOMY THINK ABOUT THE POOR PEOPLE!" - Trump instead makes the economy start climbing "OMG THE ECONOMY GROWING IS BAD FOR POOR PEOPLE!"

Nice contradictions guys, but Bravo on needing to latch onto anything to keep up your Trump Hate Bandwagon. Takes real determination to be that hypocritical.
    What policies did trump come up with that comes close to "opens his arms to co-operation with other countries"?

The economy is climbing because of trump, in what way?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account

Let's be clear - the stock market is not 'the economy'. You're really revealing your ignorance here in your attempted ad-hominems, looks bad man.

Also, Trump didn't 'make' anything happen. Investors saw his positions on economic regulations and realized that they would be free to fuck the shit out of the working class for the next 4+ years. He hasn't done anything yet. He hasn't even been elected by the electoral college.

I remember reading about how the stock market rally of Herbert Hoover (mentioned in the article as the point of comparison) signaled and was followed by economic prosperity in 1929.

Except I didn't, because that didn't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Negative, starfox.

The majority of this growth comes from the everyday taxpayer that's willing to take a chance to consume and/or invest.

Any basic economics course will teach that a nation's GDP is made up of 4 things: Consumption + Investment + Government (Gov spending - taxes) + Trade (Exports - Imports).

At the moment, the surge is coming from investment and consumption. The consumption is in part due to the holiday season, but also from people feeling more confident in the economy and deciding not to save as much. Investment is up because now that people are having such positive speculation, hesitant citizens are emboldened to invest in companies. They see projected growth and are trying to get in while shares are cheap because once they grow, they'll not only make money, but the shares may become too expensive to purchase later.

It's actually the average taxpayer that's pushing this.

And, as an aside: cutting corporate tax means that corporations have more money to invest in advancing technology, or to hire more workers (job creation).
    ROFLMAO

thank you for the laugh but on a serious note.

A) the majority of the volume in the stock market is from algos and market makers, the average investor has not participated in the market actively in a very long time.

B) Corporate profits are at an all time high and what have they been doing with that money? share buy backs, inversions and financial engineering. The fact is there are a lot of options with money other than just create jobs, that's why tax cuts for the rich have never worked. There has never been an instance where trickle down economics has had positive long terms effects in the end this is what happens.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hillary is just a banal civil servant who got ahead because she married a President: everything in her career is just a result of nepotism and using her husband's connections

See how narratives work

But what if the next 4-8 years are one of amazing economic growth and prosperity, with Trump's fiscal policy creating a New Deal type solution for all those jobs, spreading wealth to everyone more equally (let's face it, that hasn't happened under Obama) and solving the global debt overhang from 2008

Will you then admit you were just wrong?

Or would you say "wait 16 years for the full effects of this terrible presidency to really be understood"

Economies are cyclical. Theyll sit out any boom and wait for an inevitable decline to hit.

And when that decline inevitably hits because every economy goes through it, they'll blame Trump regardless of whether or not it was the result of any of his policies.

You can see it in some posts already.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    And when that decline inevitably hits because every economy goes through it, they'll blame Trump regardless of whether or not it was the result of any of his policies.
    I'm fine with blaming Congress in addition to / in place of Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Up 4.8% since Nov 8th. Guess how much the S&P had dropped on that date after Wall Street saw Trump win the election - 4.5%

Just goes to show that people will blindly read some bs story, and rush to MMO-C to post without having a clue why the story is bs.
    See this is what I find amusing - you're the one telling the BS story, and you don't even realise it

Show me on this graph of the S&P where it drops 4.5% after the election on Nov. 8th:

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    See this is what I find amusing - you're the one telling the BS story, and you don't even realise it

Show me on this graph of the S&P where it drops 4.5% after the election on Nov. 8th:
    You're talking stocks and markets and you don't even know about the futures market? QUIT NOW WHILE YOU THINK YOU ARE AHEAD. ABANDON SHIP.

Read a little bit before you post anything more, please.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/dow...oil-2016-11-08
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Dow futures were down about 300 points early Wednesday morning, or about 1.5%. At their low point on Tuesday night, Dow futures were down more than 900 points.
    http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/08/inve...tial-election/

Hong Kong's Hang Seng index lost 3.2% Futures on the Standard & Poors 500 index hit a trading halt designed to limit losses and were recently down more than 4%.

The Dow Jones industrial average was down about 638 points, or 3.4%,

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...ight/93499832/

Every stock market in the world dropped dramatically election night after it was seen that Trump was going to win. Getting back to roughly where they were before the plunges that night is nothing.
    Last edited by Gorgodeus; 2016-12-10 at 01:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    You're talking stocks and markets and you don't even know about the futures market? QUIT NOW WHILE YOU THINK YOU ARE AHEAD. ABANDON SHIP.

Read a little bit before you post anything more, please.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/dow...oil-2016-11-08
    Clearly, unlike you, I know what the futures market is, and I know what low liquidity bad prints at 4AM are

You can crash any market to circuit breaker when liquidity is paper thin, it doesn't mean anything and it will be undone in the next 5 minutes, but you can (and that's what happened)

You're just going by news stories fabricated by biased media that hates Trump - they're latching on to any dubious facts to craft a panic narrative that is the opposite of what is real

Look at the real graph, during market hours - you know, the stuff professionals actually trade - nothing but optimism and confidence in President Trump
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2016-12-10 at 01:45 AM.

Look at the real graph, during market hours - you know, the stuff professionals actually trade - nothing but optimism and confidence in President Trump
    The professionals trading do not have the country's best interest or long-term effects in mind, though. They have confidence because a pro-business administration with nigh full control is coming into power, nothing more, nothing less. It has nothing to do with how they think that his economic policies will play out or how well-suited he will be for the office of president. I don't think anyone is going to make predictions about that - good or bad - until he is actually implementing them, simply because so far, it is rather nebulous how he will ultimately act. He has a track record of changing his mind about things, after all.

You are correct, the stock market is doing well, just as anyone with an eye for business would have been able to predict. Calling him an economic genius for that though....is questionable to say the least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post

You are correct, the stock market is doing well, just as anyone with an eye for business would have been able to predict. Calling him an economic genius for that though....is questionable to say the least.
    In the kind of capitalism Trump and his followers like, the rich getting getting richer at cost of the poor is a good thing, becease it'll 'improve the 'economy' and the magical trickle down faeries will help bring down to the workers... somehow.

Not a fan of the liberals in my country, but atleast they dont follow Republican/trump-economics.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly, unlike you, I know what the futures market is, and I know what low liquidity bad prints at 4AM are

You can crash any market to circuit breaker when liquidity is paper thin, it doesn't mean anything and it will be undone in the next 5 minutes, but you can (and that's what happened)

You're just going by news stories fabricated by biased media that hates Trump - they're latching on to any dubious facts to craft a panic narrative that is the opposite of what is real

Dude, I'm an actual investor and I didn't sell, even though I am not a Trump supporter. Calm yourself, nice try.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Dude, I'm an actual investor and I didn't sell, even though I am not a Trump supporter. Calm yourself, nice try.
    Neither did I - because I don't sell OTC futures contracts at 4AM with no counterparties, and neither does anyone else

My point, which you still haven't conceded to, is that there was no 5% dip in the market on Trump's election - you can see that from the graph

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    In the kind of capitalism Trump and his followers like, the rich getting getting richer at cost of the poor is a good thing, becease it'll 'improve the 'economy' and the magical trickle down faeries will help bring down to the workers... somehow.

Not a fan of the liberals in my country, but atleast they dont follow Republican/trump-economics.
    Well, that IS the kind of capitalism that America was founded upon. And given its complicated relationship with communism, it is easy to see why people would believe this.
    Then again, given that the supporters do not believe in anything that comes from non-Trump-twitter sources and are quick to label any criticism as 'liberal' or 'butthurt over hillary', there will not be any fruitful discussion about any of this for at least a few more months, maybe more. This thread, too, is pretty meaningless. I only post out of boredom in it anyway.