Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    Again, that is because people like Kasich said no lol. I told you this before.
    Kasich didn't write the Hyde Amendment.

I never said they had any 'special abilities.' I said that Kasich is in a position to enact policy.
    That doesn't mean he can change what is and isn't constitutional.

That requires an amendment, which requires 3/4 of the states and 2/3 of Congress.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I'm morally opposed to my tax dollars going to prop up the cotton republics in the South.

Fun Fact: You don't get to pick and choose what taxes you pay and what they go towards.
    Fun fact, you have been getting slaughtered in here response after response, go home. I don't want to repeatedly kick a dead horse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun fact, you have been getting slaughtered in here response after response, go home.
    Which is why you haven't been able to substantiate the claim that Planned Parenthood uses tax money to fund abortions and that they're selling fetal body parts for profit. Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Which is why you haven't been able to substantiate the claim that Planned Parenthood uses tax money to fund abortions and that they're selling fetal body parts for profit. Right.
    If anyone thinks you have made any valid points throughout the course of this 'debate,' please reread history of posts and responses. This has already been made aware to the public. You want me to produce the countless articles that have been written about the scandal with Planned Parenthood? It's all a right wing conspiracy I suppose. The purpose of a debate isn't to bring your opponent to your side, it's to convince others to come to your side, I don't think there is anything left for me to do here that I haven't done with you.
    Last edited by Seani; 2016-12-10 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't really support abortion personally, but I'm also pro-choice. That said, I do agree with not allowing abortions to be preformed once a heartbeat is detected, even if it's a smaller window for a woman to make the decision. It may be the unpopular opinion, but I just don't like that a woman can terminate a fetus that has a heartbeat.
    It's incredibly easy to not know you're pregnant until after the fetus has a heartbeat. The heart forms relatively early in development.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Why is a heartbeat some special line?
    If a life ends when a heartbeat stops then why doesn't life begin when a heartbeat starts?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    I do agree with not allowing abortions to be preformed once a heartbeat is detected
    Are you ok with abortion in cases of rape and incest?
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    If a life ends when a heartbeat stops then why doesn't life begin when a heartbeat starts?
    Because we don't assign rights on the basis of circulatory function.

I do hope you're a vegetarian and not some massive hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    It doesn't. Death is a process, and the cessation of the heartbeat is only one of many criteria that can be used to declare death.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Are you saying Planned Parenthood is bad because of Sanger's opinions?
    I'm most certainly saying Sanger founded Planned Parenthood, and that Planned Parenthood is the result of an ideology of racism and eugenics that are embedded into the core philosophy of the group. But that is why I am morally opposed to the organization, I can't stop someone from getting an abortion before 20 weeks if they want to pay for it.
    Last edited by Seani; 2016-12-10 at 01:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did say I was pro-choice.
    But you believe a fetus is a person once it has a heart?
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

I'm most certainly saying Sanger founded Planned Parenthood, and that Planned Parenthood is the result of an ideology of racism and eugenics that are embedded into the core philosophy of the group.
    I have bad news about America then for you kiddo.

I'm most certainly saying Sanger founded Planned Parenthood, and that Planned Parenthood is the result of an ideology of racism and eugenics that are embedded into the core philosophy of the group.
    Planned Parenthood does not in any way have eugenics as a core philosophy.

Deleted
    the state can decide to take your child from you if they want and you are powerless.

why should that be any different just because it is inside you.

crying about aborption but no one wants to repeal social services. double standard donkeys as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    But you believe a fetus is a person once it has a heart?
    So it's born when it leaves Utero? What is your argument here?

A woman still has to follow the laws on abortion. She can't have one after it's legally not allowed, just because she was raped, etc.
    There actually are exceptions to the fetal viability cutoff, though I don't think a single woman has even tried to have an abortion post-24 weeks when the child was the result of rape.

10+ Year Old Account
    A woman still has to follow the laws on abortion.
    That wasn't the question.

In the end it doesn't matter though, you've made it abundantly clear you're a hypocrite who wants to force their twisted sense of morality on young girls and women, no matter how many it would harm. So why should anyone give a fuck what you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    the state can decide to take your child from you if they want and you are powerless.

why should that be any different just because it is inside you.

crying about aborption but no one wants to repeal social services. double standard donkeys as usual.
    Gee, I wonder if it's because the state has compelling invested interest in the welfare of its citizens versus infringing on bodily autonomy to satisfy rednecks and bible thumpers, among others.

So it's born when it leaves Utero? What is your argument here?
    That would be the definition of "born," yes.

The fetus is always alive. Being alive doesn't necessarily grant you any inherent rights, though I generally agree with the right to life of a fetus. They just don't have the right to life at someone else's expense. That holds true for everyone, by the way.