Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Fury PVP discussion

since the other discussion thread seems to be about pve only i think we should have a PVP only thread also, i do think that war paint needs to become baseline and our overall damage should be high cos atm we do shit DPS in pvp and we take 30 percent extra damage

Deleted
    "we take *20 percent extra damage"

7.1.5 should be interesting considering Fury can get up to +60% damage if the match goes longer than 2 minutes. Going to make those early stalemates where people refuse to run at each other in the beginning very very good for Fury lol. Just keep stacking up that death wish.

Will give Fury a pretty nice niche in the sense if the game actually does go the 2 minutes you pretty much won for free. However, I don't know if you can last that long or your healer's mana can last that long. That's the rough part about Fury in PvP right now -- your survivability actually isn't bad with 3.3 mil+ HP and some self-healing, but you run your healer out of mana very quickly as he has to heal that giant ass health pool.

7+ Year Old Account
    We're pretty good at burst ganking in PvP free-for-all world quests from what I've gathered.

Deleted
    is deathwish permanent?

I believe so, but don't quote me on that 100% lol. It's been so long since I've actually used it.

Deleted
    so is deathwish a good talent to take

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    so is deathwish a good talent to take
    I thought you had played a Warrior for 11 years is it? Would you not know what is best for a class you are supposedly knowledgeable in? I will say one thing. Avoid Noxxic like the plague for any builds.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-30 at 12:58 AM.

Deleted
    Death wish have a 15 second duration, cost a GCD and health, and will have a 10 sec CD. If you get CC'd at the wrong time, you loose all your stacks so I doubt that it will be viable in highly ranked arenas

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I thought you had played a Warrior for 11 years is it? Would you not know what is best for a class you are supposedly knowledgeable in? I will say one thing. Avoid Noxxic like the plague for any builds.
    yeah cos we had deathwish for 11 years idiot, classes change every expansion i know how to play my warrior, i never use noxxic anyway, we only got all these honor talents in legion and you think we had any of these things since the start maybe you should take your own advice and learn how warrior plays or go back to your rogue forums

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    yeah cos we had deathwish for 11 years idiot, classes change every expansion i know how to play my warrior, i never use noxxic anyway, we only got all these honor talents in legion and you think we had any of these things since the start maybe you should take your own advice and learn how warrior plays or go back to your rogue forums
    My rogue is an alt. I main shaman. I know exactly how Warrior plays I was asking you because you are the one who said it was the same thing as a Feral Druid barring stealth and shape shifting which it really is not. Also I never assumed that you had these things at the start. I assumed you would have knowledge of your class and how it has evolved if you have played it for such a long duration.

Deleted
    i know how warrior plays to i mained one for 11 years

@SuicidalGuy83, do you play EU or US? I would love to discuss fury on skype or discord or even try double fury for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by SuicidalGuy83 View Post
    yeah cos we had deathwish for 11 years idiot,
    Hey, in your sarcastic rebuttal, you were actually unknowingly correct! http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Wish
    Patch note dating back to:
    Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005): Is now usable while under a Fear effect, which will also remove the Fear effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    @SuicidalGuy83, do you play EU or US? I would love to discuss fury on skype or discord or even try double fury for pvp.
    i play on EU

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    Hey, in your sarcastic rebuttal, you were actually unknowingly correct! http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Wish
    Patch note dating back to:
    wiki's are not reliable since anyone can edit them

i play on EU

- - - Updated - - -

wiki's are not reliable since anyone can edit them
    lol, are you really trying to say it wasn't in the game? Because it has been for a very, VERY long time. It's changed slightly with its' mechanics or how it's obtained over the years, but the core concept of the ability has always been the same since it was introduced.

https://web.archive.org/web/20070308...s=7.1.256#00zc

There you go, you can see the spell literally existing in 2007's fury skill list.
    Last edited by bigfoot1291; 2016-12-10 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    lol, are you really trying to say it wasn't in the game? Because it has been for a very, VERY long time. It's changed slightly with its' mechanics or how it's obtained over the years, but the core concept of the ability has always been the same since it was introduced.

https://web.archive.org/web/20070308...s=7.1.256#00zc

There you go, you can see the spell literally existing in 2007's fury skill list.
    and any good warrior never played fury back then cos it was bad

Deleted
    and any good warrior never played fury back then cos it was bad
    In vanilla/bc (wotlk? didn't play then) there were 3 talent trees and you could freely spend points in every tree. Spending points like this for example: 30/21/0 (arms/fury/prot) resulted in being able to spec into deathwish (21 points into the fury tree) and still use the majority of the arms talent tree. Deathwish as a talent was quite popular for both warrior dps specs if I remember correctly and "hybrid" specs like the one above were a thing for many classes (mage and rogue for example).

Deleted
    i played warrior back in classic but my memory is fading so its hard to remember things nearly 12 years ago

Ah cmon guys we can't all be that stupid to not recognise that Death Wish as an ability has been absent since Cata when Fury could stack it with Str trinks to almost global others when used in combination with Colossus Smash (before the 50% nerf). And Death Wish has never worked like it does on live or even the PTR, it used to be more or less our Damage CD, similar to Battle Cry but more like the effect of Unrivaled Strength in that it was a flat damage increase (rather than 100% crit). Hell it used to count as an enrage so during Cata our mastery actually increased the %Dmg bonus it provided, hence why back then you stacked crit for old enrage and mastery for extra damage in the burst window.

Bigfoot, looking up spells out of context and using that as evidence that 'its been in the game for ages' shows the depth of your knowledge on the subject.
    Bubb, does someone who plays for a long period of time have to be active and always up to date as to the latest iterations of their class? If you think so then perhaps you need to look at taking a break buddy.
    Suicidal, you need to be more succinct than just 'it was bad' and 'shit dps' and then perhaps you won't get such shit replies.