Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I agree, he had Tebow TD numbers but with more yards, he only had one bad game IMHO. Watson beat him on the field but didn't have a strong enough season to take the Heisman from him.
    I'll never understand that argument. Strength of schedule wise Clemson had a much tougher schedule than Louisville, and DW's stats are easily comparible to Lamar Jackson.

Ive only watched ~6 games of Louisville this year, but I have to say that Lamar Jackson is missing a key part of the Heisman trophy's objective: Integrity.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    I'll never understand that argument. Strength of schedule wise Clemson had a much tougher schedule than Louisville, and DW's stats are easily comparible to Lamar Jackson.

Ive only watched ~6 games of Louisville this year, but I have to say that Lamar Jackson is missing a key part of the Heisman trophy's objective: Integrity.
    They gave it to Jaimeison in 2013 . . . .

10+ Year Old Account
    Heisman will be given out tonight, but the other awards have already been announced http://www.cbssports.com/college-foo...l-the-winners/

Lamar Jackson gets two awards, and Deshaun Watson gets one for best quarterback. Pretty typical from Heisman finalists. Three Alabama players getting in on it. Jonathan Allen wins two awards. Definitely a top 5 draft pick. Jake Butt wins Best Tight End and Best Tight End name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Army beat Navy for the first time in 15 years!

And yay, D Onta Foreman gets best RB award!

10+ Year Old Account
    And Lamar Jackson gets it. Good for him.

1. Lamar Jackson 2. Deshaun Watson 3. Baker Mayfield 4. Dede Westbrook 5. Jabrill Peppers

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay/s...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Sign of the day for the Army/Navy game.
    lol cept Army don't have any decks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    In a legitimate surprising twist: Applewhite gets the Houston job, not Kiffen.
    Apparently, big influence from Coach Eric Taylor down in Dillon, Coach Gary Gaines down in Odessa and Coach Kilmer over in West Canaan along with current roster push for Applewhite over Daniel Tosh.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dammit, Kiffin went to FAU, there go all my good Kiffin jokes. Can't troll teams that I dont like by wishing Kiffin on them. I dont even know where FAU is, it sounds like a run-down frat house that rushes exchange students.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Dammit, Kiffin went to FAU, there go all my good Kiffin jokes. Can't troll teams that I dont like by wishing Kiffin on them. I dont even know where FAU is, it sounds like a run-down frat house that rushes exchange students.
    He's out of the SEC, that's all that matters to me. Though, watch, Florida is gonna have a random game against FAU soon so it'll all just come back.

- - - Updated - - -

Florida Gator defensive coordinator Geoff Collins is the new head coach at Temple http://floridagators.com/news/2016/1...f-collins.aspx

I still don't understand this move, from Kiffin's perspective. What upside is there to going to a program like FAU? Does he really think he's going to win a ton of game there and move up to a tier 1 school? He's better off staying at Bama a little longer and riding the gravy train while they're winning championships.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    I still don't understand this move, from Kiffin's perspective. What upside is there to going to a program like FAU? Does he really think he's going to win a ton of game there and move up to a tier 1 school? He's better off staying at Bama a little longer and riding the gravy train while they're winning championships.
    There's some rumors that he was getting forced out at Alabama. So with Houston and all the other major programs not hiring him, FAU is all he had.

There's some rumors that he was getting forced out at Alabama. So with Houston and all the other major programs not hiring him, FAU is all he had.
    Must of meant the rumors of him to LSU were just that. FAU is just, well frankly not the level of school an Offensive Coordinator from the top school in the country should be getting a job for. It tells you that he didn't repair his image all that much by being at Alabama.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Must of meant the rumors of him to LSU were just that. FAU is just, well frankly not the level of school an Offensive Coordinator from the top school in the country should be getting a job for. It tells you that he didn't repair his image all that much by being at Alabama.
    Still more employable than Art Briles, lol.

I guess its a wait and see approach with Kiffen now. If he can approach this HC job reasonably well without too many old Kiffen shenanigans then he could probably get a lot of people to forgive him

Still more employable than Art Briles, lol.

I guess its a wait and see approach with Kiffen now. If he can approach this HC job reasonably well without too many old Kiffen shenanigans then he could probably get a lot of people to forgive him
    Got a couple of Alabama fan's who are going nuts because he is apparently trying to steal as many assistants as he can from Alabama at the moment. I'm just laughing like hell. The guy did the same thing with the players at Tennessee when he bailed, you really think he changed just because he coached football at Alabama? When Al Davis calls you dirty, you gotta be one dirty SOB lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried to respond to crissi's post about change and forgiveness but I couldn't stop laughing.

It tells you just how sorry people have gotten when they are willing to sell out the school they went to and worked for over not being retained as a football coach. That's just about as despicable as it can get in college football.

lol the Dan LeBatard show is trying to figure out if the Minnesota situation would be considered an orgy or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Sarkisian is the new Alabama OC. I imagine if "bama fans loved ranting about Kiffin's poor play calling, Sark is just going to be more head scratching. I can only hope he'll already be calling plays in the Peach Bowl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly Bama's OC position needs to be renamed "Head coach rehab". lols.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly Bama's OC position needs to be renamed "Head coach rehab". lols.
    Is it possible to rehab whats wrong with Art Briles?

zing!