Question about Wriggling Sinew

What I do is prepot + fireball until about 7 stacks (if i get a Hot Streak proc) or 5 stacks before i just use Fireblast or Phoenix to get a Hot Streak before going into the Combustion burst phase.

This has always given me 2.3mil damage for Wriggling Sinew (i865).

Some people do Fireball + Fireblast (if Fireball procs Heating up) then go straight into Combustion phase, the problem with me is that if i were to do this, Combustion+RoP fades before i can finish applying all 10 stacks since Pyro+Fireball counts as 1 stack.

Any comments on this? Because my method also nets 2.3mil dmg, which i assume is the "optimal" damage range for the i865 trinket. Do I need to adjust anything or just roll with it since the final damage is the same.

Also, do you guys hold off popping it to stack with Combustion? I don't stack if they're too far apart (like 30-40secs), I use Wriggling on cooldown, sometimes it aligns with 10secs difference then i'll use it with Combustion, but if it doesnt, I always make sure to end the stacks with RoP buff.

If you apply 2 stacks before combust you should be fine.

As for delay, AFAIK you always stack it with combust/rop. If you are using kindling you'll be able to use it every other combust.

combust/wriggling, combust, combust/wriggling.

Generally i do 3 spells before popping rune/Combust to ensure it goes off.

3 stacks is ideal without Bloodlust or Troll Beserking, that's what I try to normally do. With either of lust or beserk though you can pre much do Combustion phase on demand.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmagix View Post
    3 stacks is ideal without Bloodlust or Troll Beserking, that's what I try to normally do. With either of lust or beserk though you can pre much do Combustion phase on demand.
    with bloodlust and berserking you can be at 10 stacks

cool, thanks for the feedback.

I also feel kindda weird fine tuning the rotation and stuff when it's all gonna change in a month... oh well

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    cool, thanks for the feedback.

I also feel kindda weird fine tuning the rotation and stuff when it's all gonna change in a month... oh well
    not much changes about the rotation, it just gets easier. you dont need to pop flame on, and you have more fire blast charges.. that's about it

Quote Originally Posted by Choloz View Post
    with bloodlust and berserking you can be at 10 stacks
    Hence why I said 3 stacks is ideal without lust or beserking

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Deleted
    Hmm, i have no problems doing the normal opener withouth BL or troll racial with sinew (i have 12% haste tho), you might need one extra fireball tops but no more.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hence why I said 3 stacks is ideal without lust or beserking
    misread, but you're still wrong. 2 stacks is ideal without either.

Deleted
    Some guy gave me a nice tip for using Sinew in the opener. If you cast your Fire Blast as late as possible in the GCD followed by the instant Pyro, you can get 2 stacks off per GCD.

This is because there is a traveltime on Pyro, and not on Fire Blast, which makes them hit at the same time if you cast Fire Blast straight after casting a Pyro.
    With this method, I can consistently get 2.4M dmg from it going with: Precast Fireball into Phoenix Flames, RoP & Comb (Fireblast if the first Fireball didn't crit), Pyro, FB, Pyro, FB, Pyro etc etc etc

I have a WA for the GCD, which I just focus on when doing my opener, since I should be safe from any movement anyway.

After extensive testing:

2 stacks if you have lust, or if you have less than 200ms latency. If you have anything above 200ms latency, go with 3 stacks before burning.

Also, on long fights it's better to Sinew+burn, Sinew, Sinew+burn

misread, but you're still wrong. 2 stacks is ideal without either.
    I know this but I usually have a hot streak @ 3 stack so I Combustion phase from there.

2 stack is perfect but for someone learning sinew I suggest 3 stacks-ish until they get used to the opener and use of the trinket to minimise stuffing it up often.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

10+ Year Old Account
    not much changes about the rotation, it just gets easier. you dont need to pop flame on, and you have more fire blast charges.. that's about it
    Have you been playing the same PTR as other mages?
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Honestly I've seen videos of it being done at 10 stacks with just Berserking, but the only time I've found that practical is at a target dummy. Had perfect encounters for bosses where I've tried it as well and it didn't pan out. Can't figure out what causes the delay. I run at 30-40ms and sometimes experience massive delays from chaining instant casts.