Poll: Should the cap be raised?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Guilds who need healers/tanks levelled and geared due to IRL issues? (like my guild)
    World quest stuff is mostly for soloplayers, guilds who need tanks/healers etc can easily boost them in dungeons and raids.
    Sure theres sometimes nice items and theres always the chance you get nice titanforge.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    What's the ilvl of NH Normal? 875 right? 850 for LFR I think too. Make it 850 and it's basically an LFR piece per day. Make the 845+ items 865+ and it keeps them relevant enough to Normal/Heroic raiders in the same way they are now with a decent warforge. I don't raid at all on my alts beyond the odd Mythic+ or Heroic pug and almost all their gear comes from WQs. I imagine casuals are about the same gear on their mains and this is a good source of loot for them.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to do the unpopular thing and vote "no". World Quests are perfect as they are now. WQ should be a good way to get gear enough to enter normal raids at least, and they do. Emerald Nightmare is a definite step in the progression of this tier and I feel makign World Quests drop gear that is the same item level or even better than Emerald Nightmare undermines it's position to be the first step towards getting into later raids, including Nighthold.

I'm fine with WQ getting higher cap again when they do a game wide upgrade of the dungeons and other content, but for now the cap on WQ is enough. It's barely worse than normal EN as it is, my Lock alt/second main has not raided at all this expansion and it's 863 (with one legendary), just on WQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Perhaps not NH, but rather Tomb of Sargeras and 7.2.
    This would make more sense.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    My alt says yes. All of my Alts. Convenient to ding 110 then gear up through WQ only.

But not sure that's the best thing for people's mains. I wouldn't of liked it on my main.

This expansion isn't raid or die. So I think as the ilvl moves up in raids, mythic+, and pvp, then so too should it move up in the world quests. Plus Blizz said the ilvl rewards in heroics would be getting a bump up as well as a difficulty adjustment to compensate.

Deleted
    Tbh WQ and LFR should have equal rewards, as both brings No challenge. WQ is a guaranteed piece of gear and you can get it alone without having to queue for anything.
    LFR is a % chance to get a piece of gear with lower ilvl than WQ - except from ToV.

Isnt the base cap 845? Im constantly getting WQs with rewards 845+.

All rewards from every form of activity should scale to your characters ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling they'll be bumped up slightly, as the pvp quests will soon give out 855 base gear. Would make no sense if they gave guaranteed better gear than the PvE ones (As gear is mostly a PvE thing this expansion)

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Just nerf EN so heroic EN is puggable.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    No. Keep WQs at their ilvl of 835, and then just go into mythic dungeons/world bosses from there. Same as the old days.
    Old days are a horrible idea, thats why people get bored and become "cyclical" but the reward should go up to 850, but that should be about fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Termak View Post
    World quest stuff is mostly for soloplayers, guilds who need tanks/healers etc can easily boost them in dungeons and raids.
    Sure theres sometimes nice items and theres always the chance you get nice titanforge.
    There isn't always people on to chain run / boost tough, so having the base ilev go up a bit more helps then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    .....an increase would be alt catch up....
    Alt catchup to me is if you've done the content on your main, your alt gets a boost.

That's why I said "it would be an across the board" because even new people would be affected.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Call it alt + late/new person catch up then ������

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Alt catchup to me is if you've done the content on your main, your alt gets a boost.

That's why I said "it would be an across the board" because even new people would be affected.
    Because players who start mid-expansion should never get the chance to raid NH/ToS. Or is your guild going to boost them through EN and ToV?

Without catchups, players, and whole guilds get stuck in previous tiers, like it happened in TBC, where small guilds had a very hard time getting past Karazhan because players left for guilds with more progress the minute they had enough gear.

If the core of raiders abandon a raid/tier, the game has to offer everyone else the possibility of skipping it.

Deleted
    You have enough WQ to join mid exp and get able to LFR EN TOV

No reason to give you free epics only because you were lazy

I don't think it should but I also think it will.

Yes it should its gear catch up. Normal nighthold gear will be 875 do who cares about wq. And afer that they should remove mythic raiding as it doesnt bring anything but toxic people to game

Definitely, WQ gear is great for catching up and LFR can be such a pain if you don't run it on Tuesday