Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I'd like to add to this.

What did Russia do other than make information that would otherwise be unknown known?

Many people are making this more than it is. Even if Russia were involved,, it doesn't really change the fact that info got out that you otherwise didn't want people to know.

The "they didn't do it to the RNC" is troubling from a leverage point, but other than that, so what? Is "but he's doing it too" change the fact that you still did it and got caught?

It's childish.
    That seems to be the crux of it. "The public would have LOVED Hillary Clinton if not for a Russian hacker letting us know it was all a shame!"

Fuck, even if we did a second election over this, WHAT THE FUCK would that mean? You can't pull a "Strike that from the record!" like in court and everyone re-decides how to vote ignoring everything negative about Hillary that was revealed via Wikileaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    That seems to be the crux of it. "The public would have LOVED Hillary Clinton if not for a Russian hacker letting us know it was all a shame!"

Fuck, even if we did a second election over this, WHAT THE FUCK would that mean? You can't pull a "Strike that from the record!" like in court and everyone re-decides how to vote ignoring everything negative about Hillary that was revealed via Wikileaks.
    The sad thing is that the whole WikiLeaks didn't change the people's perspective on Hilary, at all.

If it did have a negative impact, all it did was confirm people's suspicions.. It didn't take her from a great image to a poor one; it took her from poor to slightly poorer.

If it's 100% proven true that Russia did have a hand in things for Trump and the RNC, or parts of the RNC, or Trump's campaign was complicit in someway or another, there does need to be real action taken. But only then.

BUT, even in that event, all I think should happen is people should be allowed to vote if there should be a new election or not, and Paul Ryan should be made de-facto temporary president-in-name-only while they determine where to go next from there.

Anything less would pretty much cause a civil war and riots, and if you keep Obama in office, you're just going to fill the jugs of conspiracy theorists and nuts everywhere who have been saying he was going to do that shit.

The most important thing is giving power to the voters. Give them all the information, and let them make an informed decision if there needs to be one.

7+ Year Old Account
    The sad thing is that the whole WikiLeaks didn't change the people's perspective on Hilary, at all.

If it did have a negative impact, all it did was confirm people's suspicions.. It didn't take her from a great image to a poor one; it took her from poor to slightly poorer.

Blatently Rigging/Stealing the Dem Primary from Sanders ( who seemed loved and drew crowds) sure didn't help either.

Funny, there are tons of videos of Sanders and Trump packing stadiums, and Clinton with carefully orchestrated "crowds" of 50 people all on stage for the camera with no one there. Heck she had Beyonce ect and couldn't fill. There was zero love for her. besides what was manufactured in the media.

I just want to post this here, I refuse to label myself as any one group. I try to keep stuff strictly to the issues at hand.

That being said there is some seriously shady shit happening with trump right now

"It's easy to see why putin likes trump, and why trump is anti EPA.
    Putin loves trump because trump is all about big oil and clean coal (if there is such a thing)
    ExxonMobileUSA and russia currently have a agreement to share oil from a new site in the arctic circle. This location was previously covered in ICE, and unsuitable for drilling.

Due to global warming over the past 50 years, the ice in the arctic circle is quickly melting, and thus opened this spot where oil was found.
    Russia has a claim to the land, but only ExxonMobile USA has the technology to extract the oil out of these desolate conditions.
    This Exxon/Russia deal was put on hold due to USA Sanctions against russia for their activities in Ukraine. Russia needs money, their economy crashed last year. They need the arctic circle deal.

Enter Trump: Trump appoints ExxonMobile CEO Tellar as Secretary of State, and also nominates Scott Pruitte, a staunch opponent of the EPA over the years, and who currently has 3 lawsuits against the EPA over coal regulations.

Trump is aiming to strip the EPA of it's power and agenda, un-do the Arctic Circle sanctions, Teller, Pruitt, Putin, Trump all stand to make a lot of money.
    The human race will pay for trump's choices in the end.. Coal factories will start back up, Solar power will see regulation (we can't have customers selling energy), and our environment will continue to get warmer. All of this to make a buck, and to ensure your rich share-holders continue to get those famous EXXON Dividends.

The Republican Ideals are dangerous, not just to the USA, but for the entire human race."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adain878 View Post
    *snip*
    Global warming, just like Global freezing of the 70's and 80's and now called climate change is bullshit. get over it. start a thread. I'll destroy you in it tomorrow. bye. gnight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    Blatently Rigging/Stealing the Dem Primary from Sanders ( who seemed loved and drew crowds) sure didn't help either.

Funny, there are tons of videos of Sanders and Trump packing stadiums, and Clinton with carefully orchestrated "crowds" of 50 people all on stage for the camera with no one there. Heck she had Beyonce ect and couldn't fill. There was zero love for her. besides what was manufactured in the media.

Something something Bernie was an outsider something the DNC is a private entity and can do what it wants, but your right to judge them based on their actions is revoked because reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    If it's 100% proven true that Russia did have a hand in things for Trump and the RNC, or parts of the RNC, or Trump's campaign was complicit in someway or another, there does need to be real action taken. But only then.
    It has no legal significance on the validity of the outcome if they did or didn't. Even if you could prove concretely that the Russian government itself did that, what does it amount to? "The election is invalid because someone convinced people to vote a particular way"? At least Dr. Stein's lunacy about floppy disks hacking machines was barking up the right tree of "things that make the results themselves unreliable".

Would the Brexit referendum vote for Remain have been invalid because Obama endorsed Remain? No? Why not? That is a foreign government trying to influence a sovereign country's vote, isn't it? And why don't the ad infinitum criticisms of Trump from leaders of France or Germany or the EU as a whole not count as improper influence?

At the end of the day, the complaint here is "if fewer people had known about Democrat dirty laundry, more people might have voted Democrat". Without one wit of supporting data, as though even if there were data it would be important information. That doesn't invalidate the results.

BUT, even in that event, all I think should happen is people should be allowed to vote if there should be a new election or not, and Paul Ryan should be made de-facto temporary president-in-name-only while they determine where to go next from there.
    There is no legitimate basis in law for any of this.

If the EC doesn't vote on the date required by statute, the constitutional system of government has been usurped in the fact, at the very minute and hour. If the Congress does not either certify the result or, as per the 12th Amendment, elect the President and VP following an undecided EC on the date required by law, the constitution has been usurped, at the very minute and hour. We're talking about immediate illegitimacy. The peaceful transition of power has been the one absolute tradition of this country's politics. It has taken place during boom and bust, during famine and providence, during two different wars on our own shore. "Donald Trump won because people found out secrets about his opponent" is not going to break that tradition, and if you want to talk civil war and riots, it will be solely the responsibility of those who tried to prevent that peaceful transition of power who will be responsible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...spouting batshit crazy stuff worked for the President-Elect. If Trump spouting nonsense isn't indicative of the whole Republican party, why would some random ass blogger be indicative of the Democratic party?

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Source: Democratic Underground

Not going to make the mistake of saying "this is what Democrats think" - far to much of a blanketed statement. So I am curious, the registered Democrats that do post here, how does this thread and its responses make you feel? (not THIS thread, the thread on DU)

A second question, how do you feel about this website/community (Democratic Underground) in general?
    The problem with this is that you are assuming the whole Russia thing is true. There is no evidence at all Russia did anything. Only evidence the CIA has is "well... we believe it to be true cause Russia is bad and Trump Bad. Trump once said something about Putin. Illuminaty confirmed." Why would Trump ask for a new election if he knows he didn't do anything??

7+ Year Old Account

All Wikileaks did was give confirmation for me, this is so true.

Her fanatics act as if she were this paragon before, that everyone viewed her in some radiant light, but then Berniebros, RUSSIA!, Alt-Right Memes! Frogs! Fake News! killed her image.

Wikileaks didn't do anything except confirm what we all knew.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I so much fucking lolled this. Trump won get over it. And especially

If he doesn't we will have to fix things ourselves and it will be very messy.
    Lol an average Trump supporter can take down 10 sjw lefties at the same time. Go ahead and try. I wished for a Hillary win, she didn't. Move on. This is the exact reason that why there are so many angry fed up people voted for Trump. No more sjw, no more pc bullshit.

Her fanatics act as if she were this paragon before, that everyone viewed her in some radiant light, but then Berniebros, RUSSIA!, Alt-Right Memes! Frogs! Fake News! killed her image.

The only way it could have been better if it was an internal leak. I'm sure Clinton has the same opinion on whistle blowers Obama did.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    The only way it could have been better if it was an internal leak. I'm sure Clinton has the same opinion on whistle blowers Obama did.
    We still don't know for sure if that was the case, and we will never know. It will be 10 years from now / after Hillary and Bill are dead that we will likely know how Wikileaks got that data for real.

10+ Year Old Account

Shit, I remenber a lot of people calling in during the Tom Leykis show talking dreading the fact that they they might have to vote for shilary, who was mostly described as a corporate shil and bullshitter.

We still don't know for sure if that was the case, and we will never know. It will be 10 years from now / after Hillary and Bill are dead that we will likely know how Wikileaks got that data for real.
    Come on. There's no way someone broke rank during a time there was a realistic rift in the party and they had to blame their shame on Gremlins from the Kremlin.

That's unpossible.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    The fact that Hilary isn't in front of this may be telling. You would need evidence to get a scotus ruling within the next few days. I'm not sure there's a precedent for this type of thing either. Do they have a sealed database of every vote? How would you even prove it was hacked?https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t75xvZ3osFg

Perhaps something like this?
    Going off your post history we can't trust anything she does and the fact that she isn't in front of this means that she intentionally threw the election in an attempt to allow Donald Trump to buy the presidency! It all makes sense now.

All Wikileaks did was give my imagination an excuse to make shit up, this is so true.

Wikileaks didn't do anything except give people with an irrational hatred for Hillary a nice pile of bullshit in which they created a lovely story based of something that anyone who didn't require being angry at hillary to get sexually aroused could see didn't suggest/imply/prove anything other than that the DNC liked Hillary but not Bernie which any moron already knew
    Fixed a couple parts of your post.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2016-12-12 at 06:20 AM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Theres no "ruling" in democracy.

It seems this has been lost upon you and apparently other conservatives as well.
    Taft is worse than jaylock though, ignore him.

OT: I honestly wonder how the states will look in 4 years. Its gonna be a pretty awful time, Especially since pence is insane.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Fixed a couple parts of your post.
    You're so creative, creative people are wonderful. I will print this out and put it on my fridge okay? I will even draw a smile on it. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    There was no "blatant rigging" of any kind. I really don't get how you can sit there and say "there was zero love for her" when she still had more votes than Trump. It's just a completely fucking retarded statement. You act like he won by some kind of landslide.
    There was no love for her as a candidate. People were voting for her party. Also, the comparison of votes in the general election and the primaries is disingenuous. You are deliberately misleading with your statements here.

She was not popular in the Primaries. Bernie, as much as I disliked a few of his policies, was CLEARLY the popular choice AND the best choice. But Hilary won, and there IS proof of her stacking the primaries in her favor and gaming the system.