Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by jibberbox85 View Post
    BM is fine in specific situations and encounters, but that's where it ends. The main issue with BM comes from encounters like Odyn where your pets are required to move a pretty good distance to get to the target. (For BM, anytime your pet is not on a target = a huge DPS lose) Also, ST dps for BM is not on par with the majority of classes of the same gear level/items, and this is more profound the longer the fight goes (BM does have some good burst on ST, but that's where it ends. Longer the fight worse off BM becomes) Oh, and the spread targets are going to favor more so the dot classes/MM hunters ect who have more of a wide-spread cleave where as BM needs lots of adds to be bunched up together just to compete

Btw, I play BM full time too.
    BM is logging better than MM for Odyn. I am guessing that a lot of BM players are using Blink Strikes for this fight since pretty much all the target switching is within range of a blink strike.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...958&dataset=90

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    BM is logging better than MM for Odyn. I am guessing that a lot of BM players are using Blink Strikes for this fight since pretty much all the target switching is within range of a blink strike.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...958&dataset=90
    BM just has (slightly) superior ST when it's played correctly, which isn't as often as people may think. Only things making MM look decent right now is its spread cleave, most hunters playing it and Blizzard's encounter design.

I can see BM falling way behind in the future though as Blizzard clearly doesn't care about the spec.
    Last edited by Exhorder; 2016-12-12 at 11:07 AM.

Deleted
    Apex ring needs fixing.. very annoying - pet just spawns in random specs, and cant change spec anymore once in m+

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrewtheimmortal View Post
    Apex ring needs fixing.. very annoying - pet just spawns in random specs, and cant change spec anymore once in m+
    As in, when you have to resummon your pet after the key goes in it is a random spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Exhorder View Post
    BM just has (slightly) superior ST when it's played correctly, which isn't as often as people may think. Only things making MM look decent right now is its spread cleave, most hunters playing it and Blizzard's encounter design.

I can see BM falling way behind in the future though as Blizzard clearly doesn't care about the spec.
    Don't worry. MM is not looking that hot on the PTR atm.
    Clunky as heck, not able to target switch at all and pretty much needing certain legendaries to compete at all.

While BM is a poor spec it might very well be the only usable in 7.1.5.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    As in, when you have to resummon your pet after the key goes in it is a random spec?
    Yes, so i put pet in tenacity - guy puts in key.. we respawn (without pet) i summon pet, its ferocity - and cant change anymore.
    I.e.... also sometimes after rezz, sometimes in pvp instance - sometimes after rezz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrewtheimmortal View Post
    Yes, so i put pet in tenacity - guy puts in key.. we respawn (without pet) i summon pet, its ferocity - and cant change anymore.
    I.e.... also sometimes after rezz, sometimes in pvp instance - sometimes after rezz
    That's pretty FUBAR. Guess i'll pray to RNGesus for the belt for my 4th then :\

The "new spec" pet still has the benefits of all 3 though right?

Deleted
    yea but they dont get charge or some shit like that - so tenacity for some reason is still better.

" I'm not asking that pet path finding be insane levels of good or anything..."

well, I am. It is completely absurd how bad the BM bugs are after over a decade of this game being worked on. It is nothing short of complete incompetence to have not resolved the pet pathing issues by this point. I really don't have a problem with the "meta-problems" like the simplicity of the spec atm or various flavour elements..but when the functional stuff doesn't work I just have to scream "get your poop together Blizzard"

Let flying pets fly. Yes, we will be pegion held into birds, but it will be better then pet getting stuck or having to dissmiss it whenever the group jumps down on dungeons.

It could also let it dps flying targets, that as ranged, we are expected to kill.

Great, lets nerf Apex by 50% and no mention about finally fixing its bug, thanks Blizz!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonus79 View Post
    Great, lets nerf Apex by 50% and no mention about finally fixing its bug, thanks Blizz!
    Did they actually fix it? I've gone hours without seeing the problem and then suddenly it will happen after every flight master's whistle.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

The BM bugs our pets spec during zoning (including starting a M+).

The bug makes your pet revert to its default spec (ex: Core Hounds to Ferocity and Turtles to Tenacity etc).

At the start of a M+ before the key is started, make sure your pet is at the spec you want them to be and then DISMISS them. When the countdown starts go ahead and re-summon them. This works for me every time.

Also when not doing a M+, if your pet skill buttons are not how you had them, dismiss and re-summon your pet. They should load up your original skill configuration, however they may not be the spec you desire so check for that too.