Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 71 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just finished the main story. I stalled beating it as I just kept doing side quests and hunts for the past week. I was level 93 when I went into the final chapter. Overall, I really like the game. Especially Prompto. He reminds me a lot of a friend of mine. Actually, the whole friends hanging out thing was something I felt they really captured well. The ine thing I really wish wasn't in the game though was 1 shot mechanics. Having a level 34 enemy insta-kill me when I'm 50 levels higher than it was anoying, but that only happened to me a few times. I just learned to save a LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Read the edit to my prior post about the Psychomancer . It's a nice little nod towards the movie.
    Neat ill have to go back and get them sometime. I was sad when I swapped out Sephrioth's sword for daggers but draggers are so much fun.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I just finished the main story. I stalled beating it as I just kept doing side quests and hunts for the past week. I was level 93 when I went into the final chapter. Overall, I really like the game. Especially Prompto. He reminds me a lot of a friend of mine. Actually, the whole friends hanging out thing was something I felt they really captured well. The ine thing I really wish wasn't in the game though was 1 shot mechanics. Having a level 34 enemy insta-kill me when I'm 50 levels higher than it was anoying, but that only happened to me a few times. I just learned to save a LOT.
    The only fight I had an issue with so far was in the Castlemark Tower dungeon. There is a part in there where if you keep going the wrong way, it keeps summoning more and more Daemons for you to fight each time. At one point I had to fight three Red Giants, two Nagaranis, and around twenty or so Flans.....all at once. Needless to say, that fight was rough...even though I overleveled it. Between the constant Toad casts from the Nagaranis, and the three Red Giants filling my entire screen so that I could never really tell what the hell was going on, it was a rough fight. It drug on long enough for me to eventually summon Ramuh though, which ended the fight in short order after that.

The only fight I had an issue with so far was in the Castlemark Tower dungeon. There is a part in there where if you keep going the wrong way, it keeps summoning more and more Daemons for you to fight each time. At one point I had to fight three Red Giants, two Nagaranis, and around twenty or so Flans.....all at once. Needless to say, that fight was rough...even though I overleveled it. Between the constant Toad casts from the Nagaranis, and the three Red Giants filling my entire screen so that I could never really tell what the hell was going on, it was a rough fight. It drug on long enough for me to eventually summon Ramuh though, which ended the fight in short order after that.
    Just think if the summon system was better u could have ended it sooner
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Put on toad and petrify proof accessories and that room isn't so bad. Nagas are literal cancer without them.

On the topic of summons, they are the way they are because they're actually powerful in this game and not just afterthoughts with cool graphics. The game is already pretty easy, make it easier to get summons and you will roflstomp even the super bosses at lvl 60.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-12-12 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Put on toad and petrify proof accessories and that room isn't so bad. Nagas are literal cancer without them.
    I thought about it and said screw it. Kept the fight more challenging that way.

- - - Updated - - -

On the topic of summons, they are the way they are because they're actually powerful in this game and not just afterthoughts with cool graphics. The game is already pretty easy, make it easier to get summons and you will roflstomp even the super bosses at lvl 60.
    The summoning system would obviously need to be tweaked. I don't think anyone here is suggesting we get the ability to use them whenever we feel like as well as keeping them as the "push button to win" summons like we have now. That would just be stupid easy.

The summoning system would obviously need to be tweaked. I don't think anyone here is suggesting we get the ability to use them whenever we feel like as well as keeping them as the "push button to win" summons like we have now. That would just be stupid easy.
    I think that's why the system is good though. You get the prompts in dangerous situations usually triggered by a fight lasting too long, or having multiple party members in danger and it feels like a "last resort" from noctis to win the fight.

If they where like summons in every other FF game then they would be cool graphics, trash fodder you don't even use in late game. They're actually powerful for once, which is nice. The only other summon in FF history who can say he was relevant in end game is Yojimbo which was probably the most retarded mechanic ever in a video game.

I think that's why the system is good though. You get the prompts in dangerous situations usually triggered by a fight lasting too long, or having multiple party members in danger and it feels like a "last resort" from noctis to win the fight.

If they where like summons in every other FF game then they would be cool graphics, trash fodder you don't even use in late game. They're actually powerful for once, which is nice. The only other summon in FF history who can say he was relevant in end game is Yojimbo which was probably the most retarded mechanic ever in a video game.
    Knights of the Round would like to have a word with you. Especially if you quad casted it and then Mimed the quad cast.

Knights of the Round would like to have a word with you. Especially if you quad casted it and then Mimed the quad cast.
    By time you get Knights of the Round you should already have the game broken to the point where they're irrelevant. You already have the majority of the end game done at that point lol...

By time you get Knights of the Round you should already have the game broken to the point where they're irrelevant. You already have the majority of the end game done at that point lol...
    The point still stands. It is an effective and useful summon even on the most powerful bosses in the game.

Just had a weird serie of bugs.. I fast traveled to an outpost, was stuck in the car.. tried to teleport to my car so I get unstuck, got stuck in the ground spinning non-stop... Did another teleport, now all my upper body texture is gone (i dont have a chest, floating head) and my hair is gone..Thankfully closing the game and reloading it fixed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Just had a weird serie of bugs.. I fast traveled to an outpost, was stuck in the car.. tried to teleport to my car so I get unstuck, got stuck in the ground spinning non-stop... Did another teleport, now all my upper body texture is gone (i dont have a chest, floating head) and my hair is gone..Thankfully closing the game and reloading it fixed it.
    Should've gotten a video first before restarting D:

The point still stands. It is an effective and useful summon even on the most powerful bosses in the game.
    It's not. At that point you are literally face rolling shit, and there is no point in taking extra time to wait on their animations. It's just a waste of time and isn't going to win any fight for you that you can't already win at that point.

It would be like saying Magus Sisters are relevant in X. Magus Sisters are strong, but your characters do just as much damage in less time then using some worthless summon you don't need.

Yojimbo 1 shotting Penance is the only time a summon has trivialized something in a FF game.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-12-12 at 07:06 AM.

I've experienced three bugs in my entire playthrough.

1. Had some hunter bounties not spawn the monsters. And before anyone asks, yes I made sure it had nothing to do with time of day or killing the creatures ahead of time (like what happens in dungeons sometimes).

2. Fell through the world during a dungeon. It didn't kill me though. Just spawned me outside the dungeon.

3. One actual game crash/freeze in over 70 hours of play.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not. At that point you are literally face rolling shit, and there is no point in taking extra time to wait on their animations. It's just a waste of time and isn't going to win any fight for you that you can't already win at that point.

It would be like saying Magus Sisters are relevant in X. Magus Sisters are strong, but your characters do just as much damage in less time then using some worthless summon you don't need.

Yojimbo 1 shotting Penance is the only time a summon has trivialized something in a FF game.
    You just love to go around MMO Champ and argue with anyone and everyone you come across don't you?

Knights of the Round is useful against endgame bosses. No debate. No argument. No contest. It doesn't matter that you can't get it until later on. The point was that you said there was only ever one summon that was relevant against endgame encounters (before FF15) and I proved you wrong. Accept it and move on.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-12-12 at 07:54 AM.

Knights of the Round is useful against endgame bosses. No debate. No argument. No contest. It doesn't matter that you can't get it until later on. The point was that you said there was only ever one summon that was relevant against endgame encounters (before FF15) and I proved you wrong. Accept it and move on.
    He also ignores the fact that in FFX unless you highly outleveled the fights the summons (even side ones) was needed.

Doing Seymour at Mt Gagazet with out all summons (besides the final special one) is near impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

All I and others have said is the summon system should be different and not 100% RNG.

Summons in FFXV is pointless and yet one of the best parts of the game. There should be a gauge you build up and get to summon 1 based on where you are at. It also wouldn't be a super quick build up but does stay where its at once u leave battle.

I love your poor FFX example tho, saying the summons are worthless when infact you needed them for a few fights like the one I said above.

The summon system shouldn't be some RNG check list and like I said its one of the best parts of FFX but not getting used.

- - - Updated - - -

I've experienced three bugs in my entire playthrough.

1. Had some hunter bounties not spawn the monsters. And before anyone asks, yes I made sure it had nothing to do with time of day or killing the creatures ahead of time (like what happens in dungeons sometimes).

2. Fell through the world during a dungeon. It didn't kill me though. Just spawned me outside the dungeon.

3. One actual game crash/freeze in over 70 hours of play.
    Lucky me I haven't experience any bugs. I did worry that because of my luck with that I would get one at the ending and had to do it over.....

Happy to say I didn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only glitch I had happen when playing FFXV was in the dungeon under insomnia somehow gladiolus became invisible all I could see of him was his flash light and his weapons when we were fighting a quick reload after clearing the dungeon fixed it.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Deleted
    Hello,

sorry if this has been answered already: does the game run at 60 FPS? (on PS4 Pro). I am considering finally buying a console just for this, but if its 30 FPS then no thanks.

My google-fu is weak, can't find any answer on the net.

Thanks for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Horymir View Post
    Hello,

sorry if this has been answered already: does the game run at 60 FPS? (on PS4 Pro). I am considering finally buying a console just for this, but if its 30 FPS then no thanks.

Thanks for info!
    60 patch coming for Pro. I'm at 30 on standard. Plays nicely at 30 tbh. As do quite a few games.

I fell through the world, landed under it. I took a screenshot and put it on Twitter to offer everyone a look at the Upside Down in Eos. o___o

I was able to run around under the world too. It was kind of fun for a little bit, but I was able to "return to entrance."

Repeated the fall through 3 times in 2 locations. Restarted the game and it worked fine after.

The only other extremely frustrating bug I had was in Castlemark Tower where the camera would bug during every fight so the right joystick wouldn't move the camera anymore. I had to have one of the guys use an item to unlock the camera again. Went through a lot of the energy drinks for STR boost in that dungeon as a result.

Chiming in on summons, I'll agree i hate the summon system in this game. They've always been a fun part of Final Fantasy and they're near useless in this game as they're so rarely seen. It's also disappointing that I saw Titan once and otherwise Ramuh near 100% of the time other than the last chapter having a few story based. Having them more readily summoned (just include "Press triangle to skip" like any other cut scene) would have been nice. In exchange for more readily available summons, they could lower the damage instead of near guaranteed battle ending damage.

I'm assuming FFVII will use a similar combat system to XV. The tweaks I'd like to see:

Make wait mode a button push similar to going to tactical view in Dragon Age Origins.
    R2 to bring up items should cycle over to your spells/summons so you can select a spell, choose a target, then cast it (materia system seems to need more readily usable, and more variety, of spells than XV).
    Keep the ability to swap who you're controlling (early trailer seemed to suggest this was the case) so you can play as the different party members.

The move to action combat really does simplify the game and takes away some of the challenge. The warp system's insta-MP recover and potions/phoenix downs basically ensuring you can outlast most fights (along with block/parry) just makes it pretty easy with no challenge present.

You really find out strong block/parry is when you're fighting a dozen Thunder bombs and a Yojimbo that have you in a corner while your camera is locked and can't be moved, beleive me. I didn't know what was happening, I just knew I was block/parrying......something.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-12-12 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Horymir View Post
    Hello,

Thanks for info!
    Sometime this month there is suppose to be a 60fps patch. How well that will run is unknown but the game plays just fine at 30fps. There is a 30fps high and low setting.

The difference is graphic quality and frame pacing. I played it on high and enjoyed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Well said...