Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 72 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Should've gotten a video first before restarting D:

I should have indeed! But tbh, I was so scared that my 40h game save would be corrupted that I just close the game without saving just to make sure I was fine. I love the game, but if I'd lost that save I dont think I could start over right away, would need a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Doing Seymour at Mt Gagazet with out all summons (besides the final special one) is near impossible.
    You must be bad at the game. We'll excuse this.

Pro tip, learn how to use Rikku and Wakka properly. Yuna should never even be in your party in X, she is worthless. Oh wait, you're actually using Yuna that late in the game no wonder you thought you needed summons to win that fight ROFL.

Please post constructively and on-topic. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2016-12-12 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You must be bad at the game. We'll excuse this.
    Yes anyone who disagree's with you is just bad and ur so elite.........

Seriously do you ever get tired of trying to bait people into arguments.

- - - Updated - - -

Seen this posted in the funny pics thread....had to share it.

Please let me be alive when that happens LOL.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-12-13 at 01:03 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Why do they release such good game during the end of semester... I should be studying for finals and working on my projects.. and yet.. just another quest/hunt, just one more..

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Why do they release such good game during the end of semester... I should be studying for finals and working on my projects.. and yet.. just another quest/hunt, just one more..
    Studying doesn't matter in the real world
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Wow.....

I'm starting to feel lucky that I didn't experience any bugs.

15+ Year Old Account
    had a friend that something kinda like this happend he was wandering around and ran into the area with the bandersnatch it was real close so it engaged gladiolus grabbed noctis which pushed him off the edge and he got stuck in the wall and couldnt do anything to get out.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh God thats hilarious.

I've seen Ignis stand on top of Promptos head and readily jump up an down. The game recorded up to right for it happened...Oh course Ignis jumped off as soon as I tried to create a new clip.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    hey, not sure if this is a good place to ask, but here goes:

1). I often encounter monsters 10+ levels above my own while walking around (I am level 20 now). Is that normal, or am I in the wrong zone and I should back off?

2). Will anything happen if I do not go to ear and sleep? For example if I continue fishing for 3-4 days, will this harm my party in any way?

3). While fighting my HP does not go all the way up after I am injured. This is the point where I should use Potions?

4). Elemancy: is there some trick to not harm party members?

5). Night... some really bad shit appears and unless I run, I'm done for. Will this change?

6). Blocking(PS4): what does the sign Circle inside a Shield thing means? Can I block while I am doing a chain attack?

7). 'Phasing' is when I dodge?

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post

1). I often encounter monsters 10+ levels above my own while walking around (I am level 20 now). Is that normal, or am I in the wrong zone and I should back off?

2). Will anything happen if I do not go to ear and sleep? For example if I continue fishing for 3-4 days, will this harm my party in any way?

3). While fighting my HP does not go all the way up after I am injured. This is the point where I should use Potions?

5). Night... some really bad shit appears and unless I run, I'm done for. Will this change?

6). Blocking(PS4): what does the sign Circle inside a Shield thing means? Can I block while I am doing a chain attack?

1. Totally normal. You can encounter enemies that are 30-40 levels higher than you depending on where you are. This is usually what happens in open world games that have a level system in them. You'll be able to come back later and fight those monsters when you level up more.

2. Nothing happens. The party members will audibly complain about being tired or hungry, but nothing actually happens to them. In fact, it's actually suggested to go for long stints of grinding quests and monsters without sleeping in order to rack up a huge EXP pool and then go sleep at one of the inns that boost your earned EXP by two to three times. I did this last night after racking up around 300k EXP and went to sleep at the inn that boosts it x3 (so I earned 900k EXP). I went from lvl 69 to 85 all at once.

3. Your maximum health can be decreased depending on the situation and the types of enemies you're fighting. This is especially true against Daemons, as every time they land an attack, they decrease your maximum health by a set amount. So you can heal back up to your temporary maximum, but you won't go back up to your actual maximum until you either rest, use restoratives like elixirs, or just let it gradually restore on its own over time.

4. Don't target anywhere near them. But seriously, you'll almost always harm your teammates some when casting a spell. I can't think of a single time that I didn't hit at least one or two party members every time a spell was used. That's the nature of the beast in this game. Don't fret about it to much. They survive it most of the time, and you can just heal them back up afterwards.

5. Yes. At first the Daemons severely outlevel you. But as you get stronger, you'll eventually be able to take them on no problem. I think the highest lvl Daemon that spawns in the open world in the "random" encounters is 42. So you'll eventually outlevel them and start smearing the ground with their corpses.

6. You can block at almost any time during combat. And you should be any time you get the prompt to do so! Blocking opens up the ability to launch a counter more often than not, and it usually does very good damage in the process. In fact, it's a recommended strategy against certain enemies to just stand there and defend most of the time and only "attack" when you are given the prompt to do so after a successful block.

7. Yes. Holding defend will make you phase through most attacks. Its the blue dodge and "ghosting" animation you see while holding defend. This consumes MP to do so, but the amount is pretty negligible, especially if you unlock the ascension perk that reduces the MP cost of phasing. You will usually phase through normal, generic attacks and actually parry/block big, animated attacks....this is when it will give you the option to launch a counter for good damage against an enemy, which you should be doing as much as possible.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-12-13 at 08:00 AM.

I enjoyed the combat much more when I figured out I should play more like dark souls rather than playing like the game was Kingdom Hearts
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    thank you very much Zephyr!

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I enjoyed the combat much more when I figured out I should play more like dark souls rather than playing like the game was Kingdom Hearts
    Yeah. A lot of people try to go on the offensive way to much in this game when they should be actively dodging and countering and only really attacking when there is an opening to do so. In fact, some enemies almost require a purely defensive play style in order to effectively take them on, like the Tonberry enemies (those suckers are extremely fast in this game, and don't have very long openings in which to attack, so countering is one of the best ways to actually take them on).

- - - Updated - - -

thank you very much Zephyr!
    No problem!
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-12-13 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Yeah. A lot of people try to go on the offensive way to much in this game when they should be actively dodging and countering and only really attacking when there is an opening to do so. In fact, some enemies almost require a purely defensive play style in order to effectively take them on, like the Tonberry enemies (those suckers are extremely fast in this game, and don't have very long openings in which to attack, so countering is one of the best ways to actually take them on).
    Not really, talent warp strike crits at point blank range and the game literally becomes hold down r1 and triangle to win. Before that its always a mix of warp striking and holding down circle to win.

Never once have I encountered any enemy I had to play defensive, and I have done everything but 2 of the secret vaults.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Oh God thats hilarious.

I've seen Ignis stand on top of Promptos head and readily jump up an down. The game recorded up to right for it happened...Oh course Ignis jumped off as soon as I tried to create a new clip.
    i just tried to land my type f by lestallum and it flipped over the guard rail... It let me get out on a ledge and i jumped into oblivion

its real interesting down there at the bottom of that crevice. a little empty and lonely though

im so kicking myself for not being able to record it. my ps4 wouldn't let me.

1. take off the bitch mittens and grab em by the pussy

2. no

3. the only way to restore that hp is by resting or using curative items like an elixir or phoenix down. your medkits (rescue) i think can heal to full with a talent but obviously not something you're going to come into anytime soon

4. ive put over 50 hours into the game and never once used magic. wouldn't worry about it too much either way. ignis and prompto are useless always dying right when u need their ability anyway. fuckers

5. when you are higher level sure. red giants always gave me trouble before leveling up though

6. im assuming O is your dodge button. its telling you an attack you can parry is incoming

7. yes

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    i enjoyed the game more when i unequipped axe of the conqueror because i didn't realize i had 53 vit and thats why everything i ever ran into for the last 40 hours was raping me
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2016-12-13 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not really, talent warp strike crits at point blank range and the game literally becomes hold down r1 and triangle to win. Before that its always a mix of warp striking and holding down circle to win.

Never once have I encountered any enemy I had to play defensive, and I have done everything but 2 of the secret vaults.
    Yes we know Tech. Because you're some gaming God who has seen fit to grace us with your presence in this thread and tell all of us how we always do everything wrong and you do everything right. How every game is easy for you, regardless of difficulty and how if anyone struggles with anything, then they must just be stupid and suck at life.

Anything else you'd like to add or are you done with your elitism/gloating now?

And yes, things do become much easier once you unlock some of the better ascension nodes, like the point blank warp strike crits and the ability to stay airborne indefinitely with your airstep and attack chains which basically make you invulnerable against most enemies because they can't seem to hit you if you stay airborne and dance circles around them in the air.

It's almost as if the game becomes easier because you level up, unlock more abilities, and become more powerful....you know, just like you do in most RPGs. But of course, thanks for enlightening us with your infinite gaming wisdom. Whatever would us plebs do without you?

Oh, and I highly doubt you took down the strongest Tonberries in the game by not defending and doing nothing but attacking. You must have been drinking potions and elixirs like it was your job to get through those fights with nothing but pure offense. Considering they have moves that can oneshot you into Danger state, especially if you aren't defending when they hit you with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    i enjoyed the game more when i unequipped axe of the conqueror because i didn't realize i had 53 vit and thats why everything i ever ran into for the last 40 hours was raping me
    Lol yeah. Some of those royal arms really screw over your stats if you aren't careful. Some of them do it so badly that I simply refuse to use some of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow.....

I'm starting to feel lucky that I didn't experience any bugs.
    All things considered, I feel pretty lucky as well, even though I had a few bugs I encountered. Probably one of the least buggy/glitchy games for me in recent memory. Even the Witcher 3 had more bugs in it for me than what FF15 did, and I thought that game did pretty well with the polish.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-12-13 at 11:38 AM.

I want to play around in.

At the start of the final chapter where its all night and the monsters come out That would be fun

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    All things considered, I feel pretty lucky as well, even though I had a few bugs I encountered. Probably one of the least buggy/glitchy games for me in recent memory. Even the Witcher 3 had more bugs in it for me than what FF15 did, and I thought that game did pretty well with the polish.
    Ya I was highly impressed with the lack of bugs.

Half the month is over and still no 60fps patch....I'm sad lol.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-12-13 at 12:08 PM.

Deleted
    Ya I was highly impressed with the lack of bugs.
    The roadtrip would never end if this game was made by Bethesda.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    The roadtrip would never end if this game was made by Bethesda.
    The roadtrip would have never started if it was made by Bethesda.