Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WTF is up with these 2min Dalaran zone in times?

Is my SSD not good enough for WoW now? Never taken more than a few seconds to zone and now recently it's literally taking me 2+ minutes.

It's literally quicker to just force out of the game and then log back on from scratch.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Same here its not just going into dal tho for me. I use to be able to toon/server hop in 10 sec tops. Now I may as well walk away for a bit when I load in. They did address it in a blue post or in that Q&A I don't remember but they did say it was a high priority.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Is my SSD not good enough for WoW now? Never taken more than a few seconds to zone and now recently it's literally taking me 2+ minutes.

It's literally quicker to just force out of the game and then log back on from scratch.
    I don't think you're alone dude.

I hearth to Dalaran and go to the toilet - by the time I'm back, it's loaded.
    HORRIFIC VISIONS SOLO - CASUAL GEAR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3v...fz8ZVIrd4sOgvw

Deleted
    Look up your HDD usage at the task manager.

The problem is definitely NOT on the player's side. In 7.0 everything was fine, loading into Dalaran took at most 5 sec. The day 7.1 hit, loading now takes 30 sec or more, and sometimes its just stuck and need to restart WoW. Nothing in my hardware/software changed between the last day of 7.0 and first day of 7.1. They messed something up and I hope it gets fixed in 7.1.5.

Blizz is aware of the problem based on what of the live Q&A sessions. They haven't figured out what is causing it yet but are still working on it. It is an annoying problem for those that have it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have actually tried putting a hearthstone at High Mountain, it loads faster than Dala does.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    The problem is definitely NOT on the player's side. In 7.0 everything was fine, loading into Dalaran took at most 5 sec. The day 7.1 hit, loading now takes 30 sec or more, and sometimes its just stuck and need to restart WoW. Nothing in my hardware/software changed between the last day of 7.0 and first day of 7.1. They messed something up and I hope it gets fixed in 7.1.5.
    If only other people and tech support got that...

"I see so you unplugged it and plugged it back in ok, so what we at tech support need you to go ahead and unplug and plug it back in again, if that doesn't work reinstall you software, if that doesn't work remove and reinstall your hardware, if that doesn't work then i can transfer you to a lvl 2 tech"

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post

Takes a few seconds for me.
    Time to buy a new computer maybe?

7+ Year Old Account
    Technology has increased exponentially but somehow, loading screens take longer now than ever before. It's just another excuse for blizzard to implement a cheesy time sink.

2 mins? For me its like 5-8 lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep hearing people mention this, but it's never been longer than 20 seconds for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I keep hearing people mention this, but it's never been longer than 20 seconds for me.
    It is only happening to some people, as I said earlier in the thread Blizz is aware of the issue. It isn't limited to people on shit computers, there is just something causing the issue and Blizz has not figured it out yet.

It's your PC. Mine take 7-10 seconds? upgrade yo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Takes mine about 5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by shaft4783 View Post
    Ummmm no. Blizzard has even knowledge its on there end.

Ontopic: Wow has became nearly unplayable for me due to this issue and just performance issues since 7.0 hit. Works for me since I am taking a break from it anyway.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by shaft4783 View Post
    No, it's not. I've got two computers, and the weaker one loads Dal significantly faster. There's a weird bug with load times going on since 7.1, and apparently it only affects some computers, which is making it hard for Blizz to track down and fix.

Might check this official topic,

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=2#post-25

It's not your computer

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Technically I think it is - there must be a problem with some configurations that make this happen.

(for me it's the same as usual, a couple of seconds on both my computers).
    Once again it has nothing to do with anyone's PC and its on blizzards end. They have even knowledge this issue.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    If it's on Blizzards end why isn't it happening to everyone?
    It doesn't need to happen to everyone for it to be on blizzards end. The issue is too wide spread for it to be on the users end.