Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There definitely is some bug. Dalaran usually doesn't take longer than 15 seconds to load for me, but occasionally I get a really long loading screen.

Did anyone try running repair tool?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

I thought this was some expected behaviour.

Atleast for me and my shitty laptop the loading screens before 7.1 were short, but then i stood in dalaran with almost no textures loaded and i was stucked in a grey/brown pixel mass until dalaran was fully loaded. But i could see other players running around (as long as they were loaded of course).
    Now the loading screen is much longer, but dalaran is fully loaded afterwards, so for me actually nothing changed, i have to wait the same time
    And everytime i hearth to dalaran after the first time the loading screens are as short as they were in 7.0, but again fully loaded dalaran

No one else had the same "problem" before 7.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Ribesal View Post
    I thought this was some expected behaviour.

Atleast for me and my shitty laptop the loading screens before 7.1 were short, but then i stood in dalaran with almost no textures loaded and i was stucked in a grey/brown pixel mass until dalaran was fully loaded. But i could see other players running around (as long as they were loaded of course).
    Now the loading screen is much longer, but dalaran is fully loaded afterwards, so for me actually nothing changed, i have to wait the same time
    And everytime i hearth to dalaran after the first time the loading screens are as short as they were in 7.0, but again fully loaded dalaran

No one else had the same "problem" before 7.1?
    I could previously load into any zone in less than five seconds, save for a couple that were on some really heavily trafficked servers. My SSD didn't suddenly give up the ghost, because I can still easily get 520 MB/sec reads from it and have 98% left on its write endurance according to the SMART table. My OS didn't change (OS X - I use a Hackintosh which is light years beyond Apple's shitty hardware). Yet suddenly when 7.1 rolled out, my loading screens began taking forever.

As I noted, during the 10%-75/90% phase, there is no disk activity and no network activity going on. None. It just literally sits there doing nothing. It's entirely possible that it isn't affecting everyone because only certain servers are affected. But at this point we have no clue because nobody at Blizzard is saying jack about it other than "we're looking into it", which has been going on for the better part of two months now. Load screens for New Dalaran for me are >1 minute. Class halls are >30 seconds. Garrison or any old zone is >3 minutes. All of them used to take <10 seconds max.

And FFS I'm gonna start raging massively from the WQs that have loading screens upon entry/completion of a quest (Leafbeard, Lost Wisp, etc).

My 6 years old laptop, that was bought for school work only, loads faster than my 1,5 years old gaming rig, so that's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Once again blizzard has knowledge that performance issues and loading issues is on there end. The problem is they don't have a fucken clue what is causing it.

Not sure how many times this needs to be repeated.
    You understand the problem can be client-side and not be the user's fault, right ? I disabled the stream option and hardware acceleration in the Battle.Net launcher and it improved my loading times significantly, so did my guildmates. So how is it only server-side ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we talking loading into the game from login for the first time after Booting? or after the game has pre-loaded and has been running for a few minutes?

I know that it takes a few minutes for assets and resources to be allocated to WoW when the client starts up, loading into Legion content definitely lags a few minutes when this happens, but after the game has been running and loaded, my load screens to Dalaran are pretty normal, at most, 1 minute on a high latency+ active prime time night.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    My loadings are less than 10s but it is still annoying, because before (in 7.0) load time was instant (so it is huge quality loss still).

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Are we talking loading into the game from login for the first time after Booting? or after the game has pre-loaded and has been running for a few minutes?

I know that it takes a few minutes for assets and resources to be allocated to WoW when the client starts up, loading into Legion content definitely lags a few minutes when this happens, but after the game has been running and loaded, my load screens to Dalaran are pretty normal, at most, 1 minute on a high latency+ active prime time night.
    I think we're talking about the loading screen after selecting character on char selection screen or teleporting.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

I can't go to my Garrison anymore without being forever stuck on the loading screen

Quote Originally Posted by shaft4783 View Post
    It's your PC. Mine take 7-10 seconds? upgrade yo.
    Erm no its not smart arse, theres a legit problem for a lot of people with it, and as others have said blizzard have acknowledged its a issue on their end

Deleted
    I bet it's on the same level as When 5.1 Hit the Elegon fight. I went from 60 Fps to 10fps, until i turned shows up to Ultra. as soon as i Went to ultra shadows the Fps issue would be fixed, it was weird as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't have any issues personally thankfully, but we have a member of the raid team who often plays from different computers throughout the week and she is having the issue and it actually seems to be worse on her higher spec machines
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Deleted
    Cynic in me thinks its just a sneaky built-in time sink, to force you pay for more. Why does it work for only a fraction of players? Because its Blizzard, and they can't make bugless WoW.

My kid and I have exact matching PCs because I ordered 2 of each item when we built. We use the same internet connection. On his system it can take up to a min or two to load into Dal where as mine it's 10ish seconds tops. Our addon config was different of course so we just loaded up my UI and it didn't change it.

We deleted the cache and it fixes it for about 5 loads into Dal. We turned off the streaming option thing in b.net and it dropped the average load time down a bit. To like a min. He can even log onto my PC and have it happen and I log onto his and it doesn't. We do play on different realms so all I can conclude is it has something to do with intense CRZ Dal has going on.

Point is it's clearly on Blizzards end.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, for people experiencing the long load times, is it during the first loading screen or does it happen seemingly randomly?

I haven't had any issues loading into Dalaran, but I've been getting some weird FPS drops lately. Normally it's at around 70 - 90 in Dalaran but now it drops to 20 every few seconds.

Something else to try if you have problems:
    Open up the collections tab, go to transmog and flick through the pages.
    If it takes more than 1 second to load all models on the next page, the problem is likely with your cache/videoRAM/disk.

All my PCs that had slow loading screens showed this in-game symptom as well. The ones that load fast also shows the transmog pages in less than 200ms. Much simpler way to diagnose than trying to look at loading screens. Make an alt, disable all addons, and try it out in the starter area.

Small sample size, I know (5 PCs, 3 working and 2 duds). But it might be worth considering that even if Blizzard added a bug in texture/model loading, then players can get around it by checking that their graphics cards are not bottlenecked on memory.

Memory is a wonderfull thing isn't it? Raise your hand if you recall the exact same issues when Dalaran was the mainhub during LK! /raise

Deleted
    Dalaran was always a shitfest everytime (I mean during WOTLK). It seems they can't handle those zones with the WoW engine

- - - Updated - - -

And thats why I favour classes who can just teleport to their class hall to avoid this crap. Sadly, my main shaman can't do that

Deleted
    It's always the first loading screen for me, they can go as long as 4 - 5 minutes now at their worst. Back in 7.0 and pre-Legion this was not a problem at all, I think 15-20 seconds at most. This has been getting gradualy worse through Legion for me, 7.1 brought the whole thing to a new level.