Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Yes because that's always such a great idea. Forcing players into content they don't enjoy.
    Don't be stupid. No one is holding a gun against your head and forcing you to do them.
    You can easily gear up by running heroics and then transition right into mythics without ever doing world quests.
    Though honestly, why do you even play this game when you voluntarily skip half of the content.

Deleted
    So.. The broken shore is not going to have WQ with better rewards ? It would make sense at least, if they scaled to 855 there, to make the new stuff reward better gear than the old does.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Don't be stupid. No one is holding a gun against your head and forcing you to do them.
    You can easily gear up by running heroics and then transition right into mythics without ever doing world quests.
    Though honestly, why do you even play this game when you voluntarily skip half of the content.
    Let's not be silly. Is someone holding a gun against our heads right now forcing us to breathe?

Deleted
    AP
    That is all.

Let's not be silly. Is someone holding a gun against our heads right now forcing us to breathe?
    Well yeah... essentially that is true. Completely stopping breathing is basically the same result as that gun going off you know...

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    TBH, you are unfairly cherry-picking and limiting it to then pretend to be "sad"

Rep, Order resouces, Gold, recipes, (pet battle) achievements, legendaries, AP - why make this thread and ignore all that?
    I agree it's not sad, but I almost never do WQ's anymore on my main (@870+ ilvl) because:

Rep - Exalted with all reps a month or so ago.
    Order Resources - sitting on 20k+ (I wish there was a dump for them).
    Gold - made trivial with WoD (garrisons) and also you only get like ~80g for a WQ iirc.
    Recipes - hardly ever see these for my profs.
    Pet battles - don't really care but fun for some people.
    Legendaries - I stopped caring after I got my second one but I'll do emissary's for a chance at better ones if I'm really bored.
    AP - Sitting at around 30 points MS and OS and not pushing for it since I don't raid Mythic, but really the only useful thing that comes out of WQ's anymore for me.

I would probably do WQ's more if the gear was 850+, if only for the trinkets. WQ's are nice for starting out and for alts, but I can see why people find them irrelevant at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Why should you get base 860+ from clicking on a few acorns? If you'd like better gear you should play the relevant content.
    That idea is NUTS!

GET IT?

;-)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    If gear is what you're after, that's what mythic+/raids are for my friend
    And yet Mythic+ is something that relatively few people are actually running. It doesn't say much for this game that the things that provide the gear, raiding and mythics, are both things that the average player doesn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I said it was near impossible, not that it's guaranteed, cause that would be "nuts".

Even doing mythic raids wouldn't net you FULL BIS gear in a month considering sockets or tertiary stats. Gear trading/split raid concept increase the odds immensely but on your own drops, slim chance.
    So... what was your point then? WQs are still relevant, super casual players can get very good gear but at areally slow pace. Your tone sounded like it wasnt worth it, cause its so rare.

Yes because that's always such a great idea. Forcing players into content they don't enjoy.
    IM sorry, i think you have this mistaken for a single player game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Then you don't need better equipment. If you don't intent on stronger foes to be in your path, then better equipment isn't a primary priority. And we don't know yet, if 7.2, or 7.3 is even going to bring newer, or just a new set of quests.
    This, 1000 times this.
    And that is how the game is laid out ever since the beginning.
    You can gear up, outside of either dungeons or pvp zones, and you will receive appropriate gear that's sufficient to overcome the foes you're facing in the open world.
    Higher gear, if you will tier quality gear, has always been meant to be properly equipped for more difficult encounters such as dungeon/raid targets and battleground enemies.
    If you, now after so many years, try to challenge that... well then you're just entering the path of a spoiled kid who's been given a candy bar once to feel better but now expects that candy bar to be handed to them all the time, but even more than that, since the candy bar now no longer suffices.

In fact, as it stands now, never in the game's history has quest reward gear been more powerful.
    You can - with a little patience and luck - get to an item level of 870+, that is heroic raid comparable.

What else you want for killing rabid game or hostile fish?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    IM sorry, i think you have this mistaken for a single player game
    Oh, I'm sorry. I believe you have the wrong concept of what a MMORPG is

Now that we've established that a difference of opinion exists,

we can now focus on explaining exactly why world quest rewards being irrelevant makes the game better.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep saying that and soon you will have nobody to play with. Stop taking wow's playerbase for granted. It backfires.
    Lol why does me saying that make you say I'll have no one to play with? If all people do is wq to gear but won't do anything else, they're doing it wrong.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped doing WQs for gear awhile ago. All about the AP/Gold quests now

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If they don't want to do mythic+ or raids, why do they need that gear again?

I'm not overly advanced with AK or anything, but I get half a weapon level winning one BG and those warden ones give good ap items. I don't expect to get a big blue ap token from kicking nuts and catching squirrels.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Soon some of you mythic raiders will probably say, that 7.2 artifact knowledge above AK25 needs to be a mythic end boss drop right cause it's too easy to get a weapon to 35 (+15 new added traits) ???
    You think they would be mad that casual players get 54 traits long after they did and can clear content long after they did ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by actiwe View Post
    You think they would be mad that casual players get 54 traits long after they did and can clear content long after they did ?
    Top class raiders are never concerned about the rather casual players.
    It's the wanna be hardcore raiders that are throwing the tantrums about undeserving stuff blah blah..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Imagine this...

Blizzard listens to this suggestion and increases the item level of WQs to match raids.

You raid, trying to get that one item with perfect stats. It takes you a month due to raid lockouts being weekly. You finally get your item.

Your guildmate does a world quest where he kicks 10 squirrels in the nuts and gets an item with the same stats and item level as you.

You go on MMOC to post about how unfair it is that he didn't even try and got the item you spent farming for a month.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    So... what was your point then? WQs are still relevant, super casual players can get very good gear but at areally slow pace. Your tone sounded like it wasnt worth it, cause its so rare.
    Never said it wasn't worth it, I just try to get the point across of all those acting elite people here that as if WQ will threaten their 880-890 average itemlevel from raiding/mythic+, it will not, even if it gets bumped to 855 or so.

And you know what, if WQ get bumped those "elite" people content ilevel will go up too as they clear it :P

PvP gear gets bumped to 855 today too!

In fact WQ are my main source of gear.