Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My alt has the same AK of my main...

Today i reached 9000% AK on my alt just and that's the same AK of my main (who will reach next rank tomorrow), the problem is that i leveled my main a month before my alt and now the gap between them is 4 days?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

What AK level is that? I'm at 19 on my main, so I feel like you started your alt really early along with your main?

7+ Year Old Account
    It's almost as if the catch-up mechanics are working or something. :-)

Still, good to hear! My first alt is 1 AK level behind my main. (My second and third alts are both a good deal behind still though, but catching up at a good clip)

My alts are getting close to my main too. The problem is that it took months of non-interactive waiting to reach this point. I'll be very glad when the catch up arrives.

Just shows that the catch-up mechanic is in place and working.
    My alt who reached 110 exactly 1 month (on the day) after my main is @ AK 19. My main is at 20. My second alt to 110 reached max level on 16/10/16, 13 days after my first alt, and is on AK 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin Wolf View Post
    What AK level is that? I'm at 19 on my main, so I feel like you started your alt really early along with your main?
    I started my alt a month (or maybe later) after my main
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    I think people missing the point> How can a character be quicker on the AK than his main which he started progressing a day before? Actually same happened me and my friend. I leveled up 1 day after my friend and he started his AK research before me. Yet mine was faster from the very beginning by 4 hours and it pissed him off. I'm guessing it's a bug :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Today i reached 9000% AK on my alt just and that's the same AK of my main (who will reach next rank tomorrow), the problem is that i leveled my main a month before my alt and now the gap between them is 4 days?
    My first alt get 110 like 3 days after my main and around 10 level he catch him up and now is 12 hours ahead and with every research he keep pushing and most likely will get lv 25 1 day before my main
    But overall no one of my late alts does not get even close to first 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    I think people missing the point> How can a character be quicker on the AK than his main which he started progressing a day before? Actually same happened me and my friend. I leveled up 1 day after my friend and he started his AK research before me. Yet mine was faster from the very beginning by 4 hours and it pissed him off. I'm guessing it's a bug :S
    I suspect that early hotfix who reduce the time for research that does not work on toons created before get implented

Yeah, I was surprised too when I picked my AK research and saw its AK20 already, which is the same for my main. I leveled my alt around a month later.

But with the catch up mechanism it shouldnt be surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    How is this a problem?

Theres a weird nuance on how it measures how behind you are, i managed to keep my rogue on 4 days for a while and managed to catch almost exactly to the day (perhaps a bit ahead?) with people who leveled before me. It either had to do with the week reset or queuein them one at a time not sure.

Kinda pointless in the end. Not gonna squeeze more than a day advantage. If you're grinding super hard on AP the slight advantage wont make much of a different due to exponential costs, if you arent then you are still behind in ap because of not farming enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    How is this a problem?
    Well I did wonder at the start if I should level up an alt first so that my main would eventually be ahead. I didn't of course because that would be silly to try, but maybe some people did.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    My main just got AK20, and I started at more then 2 weeks after legion launch , 1st alt will do so within 24 hours. , only 1 day apart pretty much now.

There wasn't more then 1.5 week between leveling them however, in fact I was surprised it came this close so fast, cause it was recently 1 full AK behind, then slowly 4 3 2 1 day.

It probably meant my main caught up to the rest of the launch people, extending it to 5 days, so the shortened alt had more effect.
    Last edited by Teri; 2016-12-13 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    My alts are getting close to my main too. The problem is that it took months of non-interactive waiting to reach this point. I'll be very glad when the catch up arrives.
    My alts are not really near my main, although, it took me a couple months to get her to 110. I suppose if I'd rushed to the finish line at the start with multiple characters it'd be a different story. My primary alt hit 110 not long ago and is sitting at like AK 4 or something, which is just so discouraging. I look at the 15k+ AP missions and WQs my main gets compared to the 200-300 AP ones my alt does and they don't even seem worth doing. Needless to say, I am anxiously awaiting the catch-up that .5 will bring.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Im only like 8 week gap between my Main and my Alt and im still 6AK gap. Doesn't really matter considering my Alts main spec is worse then any of mains 3 other off specs..

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Needless to say, I am anxiously awaiting the catch-up that .5 will bring.
    I am sure too, right now have 3 alts, 1 is caught up, one at like AK 15 so no benefit, 1 just started, sitting at AK 4, it ramps up so slow.

My other characters are still 90 and under ( did not play WoD or legion invasion event ) so the catchup will at least put those at 15 from the go which is 2850% and even then they will go up to AK25 within 30 days at that point of patch assuming the 3day will remain the shortest research.

So I think it's fairly safe to say, if you have new characters sometime before March, they will max out AK 25 before 7.2 for sure (which I assume might even add an AK20 catchup)
    Last edited by Teri; 2016-12-13 at 08:45 PM.

Question: For people who haven't played Legion yet, or for people who only played the first month of Legion, does the catchup on AK work for their mains?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Question: For people who haven't played Legion yet, or for people who only played the first month of Legion, does the catchup on AK work for their mains?
    it worked for my main that dinged max lvl about 4 days after release

7+ Year Old Account
    My main was server first 110, started research right away. I quit for a month 1/2, came back to 3 days per note.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, the AK research time is dependent on the "current" best tier. There is a tier of Ak, which you will have if you started day 1. If you are below that tier, which is proberly 1 or 2 specific lvls of AK, then you get a shorter research time. And undtil you reach that tier, you will get the faster AK. So it really does make sense, that sooner or later, the alts of mains will catch up to them, since they have a quicker AK reasearch time
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.