Thread: Legendary Nerfs

Page 1 of 33
... LastLast

Legendary Nerfs

Since you guys have bitched about legendaries 24/7 since release, Blizzard is doing what Blizzard does best. Nerf to the ground. There is no middle ground with Blizzard.

As we mentioned this during the live Q&A last week, we feel the biggest shortcoming of the current Legendary system is that, for some specs, there are some items that are clearly better than others in nearly all situations. As a result, players who have received a different Legendary item feel unlucky, as they didn’t receive the “best” one.

So, we’re making some fairly substantial changes to Legendary items intended to bring them more in line with each other. Items that give a raw throughput increase (without significant situational restrictions or drawbacks) are having their overall power reduced, and we’re taking another pass at several of the more niche items to make sure that, when they’re usable, they feel powerful.

Essentially, we feel that if a Legendary is only usable in certain situations, it should feel extremely valuable in those situations. Conversely, if a Legendary is nearly always going to increase your overall performance, that increase should be relatively smaller. Up until this point, we’ve made the mistake of allowing several items to be both extremely impactful AND always useful, which has made other Legendaries feel “bad” by comparison. It’s also caused some specs to feel as though they need a particular Legendary in order to compete. Those are the issues we’d like to solve.

We’re actively working on these changes right now and expect to have them ready for the next PTR build. We’ll be doing additional class tuning where necessary as a followup, once these changes are in place.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2626046#post-1

Deleted
    Good.

If I had it my way I would delete them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything has to be equal for everyone. Can't have anything fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    define fun, losing to shit player on dps isnt fun just cus he won the rng lottery.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Deleted
    luck shouldn't be the deciding factor on who tops damage meters. It was very frustrating for good players to "lose" to inferior players simply because they were less fortunate on a single dice roll.

With that being said I still think dmg increasing legendaries should be removed and make all legendaries cosmetic/utility like Exorsus suggested.

Haha, what a sad attempt at stirring up a flame war. OP, find something else to spend your time on.

OT, this is a great change. Very much for the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or they could just get rid of the utility (like the shitty hunter voodoo mask) and non-class legendaries instead. Makes more sense and just replace the utility ones people already got with class ones.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Good.

If I had it my way I would delete them.
    #makewowgreatagain

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole actual legendary system is poison. Blizzard went full Oprah.
    C'était mieux demain !

It only took 1 year of beta and 3 months of live to realize what was obvious on day 1 of introducing them.

I'm so beyond happy for this nerf. Bless the salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    define fun, losing to shit player on dps isnt fun just cus he won the rng lottery.
    Really? That's what this is about? People really care about this? Dude no one cares about your dps. If your guild cares that much, they should be smart enough to know who has what legendaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    Someone has something that you don't? So go cry about it?

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    How are legendaries fun?

I've got two decent ones but you have to be completely blind and ignorant to even think this system is fun. It's not.

They wanna make all legendaries feel equal and good so when you open a box and get prydaz or Sephuzs you don't feel like you wasted a long time. It took me over 50 mythic+ runs as well 9 H EN clears (full) to get my second.

By needing the incredibly OP legendaries, they're putting them on equal ground to the utility legendaries. So you won't be completely pissed when you get the neck or ring.

This is coming from a player who has 1 BiS legendary and 1 decent one. The system is completely idiotic. Has nothing to do with "someone has something you don't" and more to do with the way people get them. Some people have to grind hard for the exact same legendary someone can get from doing nothing aside from opening a box. It's a shit system.

It would've been congrats if they actually did what we've been asking since the start of it by removing them.

This is just making them less "legendary", just get rid of the whole system or make us grind and select what we want.
    There isn't a better feeling in wow when you've been grinding, trying so hard and finally you get it done, not by a random generator thing.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Most of the legendary effects should just be baseline or talents. Remove legendaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably be annoyed if I had won the Legiondary lottery. But I didn't because despite having three, none of them is a output increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DistortionSleep View Post
    Since you guys have bitched about legendaries 24/7 since release, Blizzard is doing what Blizzard does best. Nerf to the ground. There is no middle ground with Blizzard.
    so you are happy with the design atm?

One day they nerf the big leggos hard on ptr, next ptr they buff them again, and now they are calling for a nerf again
    I hope this time the nerfs are gonna stay

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DistortionSleep View Post

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2626046#post-1
    I am confused then. So now legendaries become a gear slot we just won't need to upgrade this xpac?

Awesome! Wow!

This is why no one trusts you guys (developers). I begin to wonder if your internal testing team is even playing the same game sometimes.