Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Yeah because we play World Of Warcraft just for fun and and we don't care about reward. /sarcasm
    Incoming Micro Holidays are saying hello!

lol
    HORRIFIC VISIONS SOLO - CASUAL GEAR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3v...fz8ZVIrd4sOgvw

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Yeah because we play World Of Warcraft just for fun and and we don't care about reward. /sarcasm
    Some people actually do play World of Warcraft just for fun and don't care about reward. /fact
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

For some reason I read the title of the thread in Abathur's voice... That's my useful input of the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

Deleted
    Yeah, kind of funny how they hyped world quests as a big part of Legion endgame. After 7.1 they offer close to nil reward apart from that slim chance of getting a legendary from emissary cache. Might as well not spawn any world quests in zones other than the emissary zone.

WoW is and continues to be "grind raids/dungeons or die"

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    850 is still too generous for doing easy solo world quests.
    I agree that getting decked out in raid equivilent gear for doing extremely easy quests isn't something that would be good for the game. However, even as someone who PvEs at a decently high level, I do think the occasional solo challenge and relevant reward is something that would be good. This is something that was lost when they did the WoD squish and legacy content buff - many people used to really enjoy the challenge of soloing old content, and the reward of DEing them for enchanting materials. But it became a complete faceroll in WoD (due to the legacy buff letting you almost 1shot anything from before Cata), and with the WoD changes to enchanting, letting you skip all old content materials, it really made soloing those things worthless outside vendoring them.

What would be nice is if occasionally there were world quests on the difficulty scale of the original green fire warlock quests in mop, that rewarded substantially higher gear than most world quests. Preferably they'd be forced solo too, so perhaps a scenario like the withered training (and probably adjusted a little for classes that really struggle with soloing), so that they wouldn't be trivialised by joining groups.
    Keep them infrequent, and keep them hard, but up the reward too.

I know this is something they've said they will implement as part of the end to each class order hall campaign, and the brawlers guild, but a once off solo challenge isn't going to cut it. It's nice, and better than nothing, but I'd like it if they had more of it, with compelling rewards

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Yeah, kind of funny how they hyped world quests as a big part of Legion endgame. After 7.1 they offer close to nil reward apart from that slim chance of getting a legendary from emissary cache. Might as well not spawn any world quests in zones other than the emissary zone.

WoW is and continues to be "grind raids/dungeons or die"
    Thing is, they were never really aimed at raiders and serious pvpers, they were aimed at the casuals.
    You have to remember that a lot of the player base is extremely casual, and the World Quest are an excellent solution to providing those casual players with sufficent content and relevant rewards comparable to lower-level raid rewards.
    WoD offered absolutely nothing for those players; apexis dailys were utterly irrelevant for anything at all - which is probably why gold inflation got so out of control, because those casuals who did sick around found soloing old raids for vendor gold to be the only compelling and genuinely rewarding content in the game.

Casuals don't need raid level gear, because they aren't trying to raid. If they want to break into high end pvp or pve, they'll need to invest the effort of going through the gearing pathways of mythics, normal, heroics and then mythic raids and mythic+.
    I think the issue comes in when serious players see world quests and view them as a gearing pathway for their goal, which isn't what they're intended to be. I think as long as they continue to slowly scale up WQ rewards to keep them relative to the most current raid content, then it's fine. If they don't, then they need to.

- - - Updated - - -

That being said... god damn emissary cache rewards. So sick of getting emissary cache rewards that are lower ilvl than the freaking world quests i do to get the cache. So stupid. Especially when my ilvl is like 878. It's like:
    "Oh sick, an 835 with a socket. Oh and it's got my bis stats. Cool. Cool. Too bad its 45 ilvl too low for me. Fuck i should have rolled an enchanter, at least then I'd have gotten 200g our of this shit. GG."
    I liked them better when you'd get 700g or 900 order resources, and maybe some runes or a follower upgrade. Once they added items that were just pointless for me, it really started to make me dislike them.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    You do your daily emissary and that's it. it's not meant to scale indefinitely that would be super dumb.
    Mythic+ and raid drop does that, so why is it dumb if WQ do the same?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Mythic+ and raid drop does that, so why is it dumb if WQ do the same?
    That's the whole point, having a progression path. You do WQs first, then move on to M+ and then to raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    That's the whole point, having a progression path. You do WQs first, then move on to M+ and then to raiding.
    Or if you don't like raiding/pvp, you can just keep doing your WQs and such and 840-850+ is more then enough to accomplish that.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Excuse me?

What WQs give:
    -AP which is always nice to have
    -items that can proc titan/warforged up to the current highest obtainable ilev
    -order ressources needed for missions/troops/AK
    -gold which is always nice

So how are WQs irrelevant?
    Bar for the fact people seem to stealth nerf the rate we get AP from WQ and gear seems to always have bad stats with WQ and it seems to always spawn out off spec relics too.... plz tell me more about how great WQ's are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by actiwe View Post
    And why do these people need better gear if they aren't doing challenging content?
    Wonder why this garbage response needs to be brought up every time in threads like this.

The whole gist of mmo's is developing your character and making it more powerful. That's why. Not a hard concept to understand at all. If you don't do mythic+ or raiding, you just can't gear up anymore. All you can do is twiddle your fingers afterwards, which is hardly enough to keep people subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    nono. questing shouldn't be as rewarding as raiding.

simple as that.

Why would someone who logs in everyday for half an hour to do world quest have the same level of gear as someone who wipes endlessly progressing mythic raids.

- - - Updated - - -

it's an MMO, not an FPS game...
    I find it very curious that you'd promote raiding as something that should be at the top of the reward structure, but then dismiss suggestions that other parts of the game use some of the same themes of skillful play that is generally found in raiding.

Isn't GW2 an MMO? Isn't The Division an MMO? Destiny? EVE online? I think you might want to consider that the genre of MMORPG is a LOT more diverse than just WoW clones.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    nono. questing shouldn't be as rewarding as raiding.
    That's your opinion, I personally think it should be more rewarding as it is personal skill and commitment involved.

In summary - you are incorrect that one is more deserving than the other.

The key here though is ensuring the same level of effort, not some biased preference over the type of content.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    I agree that getting decked out in raid equivilent gear for doing extremely easy quests isn't something that would be good for the game. However, even as someone who PvEs at a decently high level, I do think the occasional solo challenge and relevant reward is something that would be good. This is something that was lost when they did the WoD squish and legacy content buff - many people used to really enjoy the challenge of soloing old content, and the reward of DEing them for enchanting materials. But it became a complete faceroll in WoD (due to the legacy buff letting you almost 1shot anything from before Cata), and with the WoD changes to enchanting, letting you skip all old content materials, it really made soloing those things worthless outside vendoring them.

What would be nice is if occasionally there were world quests on the difficulty scale of the original green fire warlock quests in mop, that rewarded substantially higher gear than most world quests. Preferably they'd be forced solo too, so perhaps a scenario like the withered training (and probably adjusted a little for classes that really struggle with soloing), so that they wouldn't be trivialised by joining groups.
    Keep them infrequent, and keep them hard, but up the reward too.

I know this is something they've said they will implement as part of the end to each class order hall campaign, and the brawlers guild, but a once off solo challenge isn't going to cut it. It's nice, and better than nothing, but I'd like it if they had more of it, with compelling rewards.
    I'm ok with some occasional hard solo content but you know how the playerbase is these days: "It's too hard, I don't want to spend more than 10min on a difficult quest, plz nerf !!!!11"

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    I'm ok with some occasional hard solo content but you know how the playerbase is these days: "It's too hard, I don't want to spend more than 10min on a difficult quest, plz nerf !!!!11"
    I don't think there's a single difficult quest at the moment. Anything that takes that long either has a slow spawn rate or something else crappy like that.
    Being actually difficult isn't the same as just being tedious.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Deleted
    Spiders WQ Wardens and Wardens Sea-Lion WQ

Only slightly hard if not geared

Deleted
    Yes because that's always such a great idea. Forcing players into content they don't enjoy.

You can't be serious, are you?

If you want gear then you need to go through the gearing paths the game offers. If you don't want to do dungeons or raids then go exploring, collecting mounts or other stuff. Why does everything needs to be attached with gear for you scrubs to enjoy anything?
    You think the game should reward good gear for everything, even fishing? Having fun is the main reward of a game...oh wait that doesn't seem to work for MMOs for some retarded reason

Get a grip, man this community only cares about gear just for the sake of it. Gear is not an objective, its a means to an end. Reminds me of this atrocious thread last month about some guys wanting mythic gear without doing mythic content. Whats the point then?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by actiwe View Post
    And why do these people need better gear if they aren't doing challenging content?
    Because for some reason mainstream MMO players believe that the sole purpose of MMOs is to get gear to get gear to get gear. A mindless grind. Thats years of flawed MMO design which made MMOs glorified versions of diablo rather than decent MMOs whose main purpose is not gear, nor getting stronger but just having an adventure in open world multiplayer game.

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Because for some reason mainstream MMO players believe that the sole purpose of MMOs is to get gear to get gear to get gear. A mindless grind. Thats years of flawed MMO design which made MMOs glorified versions of diablo rather than decent MMOs whose main purpose is not gear, nor getting stronger but just having an adventure in open world multiplayer game.
    Yes I think that's the main problem here: more and more people see WoW as a MMO ARPG where the goal is to get better stuff by joining groups using random matchmaking. And Blizzard seems to be going that way too.

Yes because that's always such a great idea. Forcing players into content they don't enjoy.
    So why should they be rewarded the same as those who do?

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Wonder why this garbage response needs to be brought up every time in threads like this.

The whole gist of mmo's is developing your character and making it more powerful. That's why. Not a hard concept to understand at all. If you don't do mythic+ or raiding, you just can't gear up anymore. All you can do is twiddle your fingers afterwards, which is hardly enough to keep people subbed.
    I guess I just don't understand how people can enjoy a game without any challenge. I'ts like having a PvP game where noone is winning

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orca2425 View Post
    So wq are not going to scale anymore which means after 850 there is really no more reason to do them
    AP? Garrison resources? Gold? Reputation? Honor? Bloods? Other mats?

Really, from the 8+ possible rewards exactly one reward does not scale up, and that makes them "irrelevant" for you? I think its absolutely fine that gear does not scale above 850 base ilvl. You can still get the odd titanforge and get *really* lucky, but if you doN#t itend on doing raids or m+ dungeons, you don't need more then 8650 anyways. With 850, quests are already trivial.

I think they are in a very good spot. Quests have *never* given you raid-equivalent gear. Currently, quests give you better gear then heroic, which is better then what we used to have in prior xpacs (heel even on par with normal mythic!). The gear rewards from WQs are already on the high side, increasing them is just too much.