Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Sure, sure.

So your alternative was...what?
    Anything would have been better than this bill, including single payer or single provider. I actually support single provider, because our current healthcare delivery sources are insufficiently varied for free market capitalism to actually be a thing.

But yeah, one of the DUMBEST things about the ACA, was nobody had the slightest fucking clue EXACTLY what the costs to employers would be, what the rules would be, etc. Denying that it didn't scare the shit out of the economy is to deny reality. Anyone who does, is an economy denier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Please refrain from outright lies.
    Opinions have no truth/false test. Words have meanings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Opinions have no truth/false test.
    Exactly - which is why I've kept to just the verifiable facts when it comes to Trump.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Obama was the least qualified president in US history. Trump is more qualified. Obama had never been in charge of any organization, of any kind, in his entire life. Yet, we put him charge of the biggest and most potentially dangerous entity on the planet. The office of president is in fact, and executive position. That is why only 3 US presidents in history had not previously ran a state, been a general, or ran a business.
    President of the Harvard Law Review

Taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School

Served three terms representing the 13th District in the Illinois Senate

United States Senator

I don't think you know what "qualified" means.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    President of the Harvard Law Review

Taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School

Served three terms representing the 13th District in the Illinois Senate

United States Senator

I don't think you know what "qualified" means.
    None of those are executive in nature. The man has never been in charge of anything in his life. Some would argue that a person should lead at least one other human, in a prior endeavor, before leading the free world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    There have been a total of 157 "faithless" electors in US history.
    That haven't been prosecuted.

You continue to argue conjecture.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    That haven't been prosecuted.
    Their decisions have almost never had any consequence....

- - - Updated - - -

None of those are executive in nature.
    Qualification for the job is what is required as one of the three Hamilton tests ... not experience. No-one has EVERY had experience being president of the US before their first day, so experience for the job isn't required.

Sure - I may PREFER someone with experience, however - we need to keep to just the criteria established here.

Obama hasn't had any experiences sending businesses bankrupt - well, that's a burden we all have to bear.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

None of those are executive in nature. The man has never been in charge of anything in his life. Some would argue that a person should lead at least one other human, in a prior endeavor, before leading the free world.
    By that logic, an assistant manager at McDonalds is more qualified than a US Senator, law professor, etc.. lmao Get real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Their decisions have almost never had any consequence....
    Irrelevant. OP just wants to shit fling conjecture instead of keeping on premise. Another fake new click-bait thread wasting Off-topic space used by angry liberals to vent.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Irrelevant. OP just wants to shit fling conjecture instead of keeping on premise. Another fake new click-bait thread wasting Off-topic space used by angry liberals to vent.
    Go flame elsewhere.

Is 'fake news' the new 'election is rigged' or 'lock her up' thing?

thank god once trump is in, 99% of people will give up on this shit on move on with their lives. 4 years from now when everything is the same, we will start the cycle of, campaigning, trashing each other, whining about who wins, contesting who wins, give up, have nothing change, wait 4 years, repeat.

you can say this isnt a discussion because of who won or who didnt, but it is, no matter what side, whiney little bitches would be posting threads like this. it reminds of kids in highschool who think getting dumped, being teased, getting a detention, are going to ruin their lives. its not. it doesnt matter. its all going to be fine. stfu, ride it out, enjoy your life, and stop stressing the fuck out.

Irrelevant.
    Well 100% relevant...

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Keep the function of the EC and its State winner-take-all vote.

Just remove the part where humans then have to go in and cast the votes that have already been won.

Its an unnecessary part.

Its like having a guy stand next to a vending machine who's job it is to pick your candy bar up and hand it to you, except he also has the power to decide that you get potato chips instead.
    Its the entire purpose of the system, sorry they chose to practice it against your lizard in human skin.

So, I even preemptively noted how you would try and get around the facts, and you just ignored what I said, and did it anyway. He did not need to return to any prior highs of GDP. He just had to have one single year that was 3% higher than prior one. He is the only president in history to fail to do that.
    Just had to take a minute to say that post is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen displayed on this monitor. By that metric you can forgive 6 years of negative GDP growth simply because hey, there was that one good year. Look, the GDP growth could have been better but coming off of that shit fest of a recession it could have been a whole lot worse. Another thing, congress is a big part of that equation as well. We had 6 years of a republican house and 2 years of a republican senate during that same time.

They should all be removed.
    The EC should be an automatic thing.
    Win the State, win its EC votes.
    Remove the human element so these sort of things cant happen.
    The point of the EC is that when the people are stupid enough to elect an egotistical maniac with no experience, the informed people can select someone more qualified. Removing the electors from the EC would be removing the intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    As I told the Democrats in an earlier post, don't be so quick to change the system. While it doesn't benefit you now, it may come in really handy when you actually need it.

Reid wanted the Nuclear Option back in 2013, and look what it got for his fellow Senators recently.
    I like the EC I just want the electors to be made to vote for who wins their State. That or get rid of them and make the EC votes automatic based on State wins.

Quote Originally Posted by runique View Post
    The point of the EC is that when the people are stupid enough to elect an egotistical maniac with no experience, the informed people can select someone more qualified. Removing the electors from the EC would be removing the intent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanous View Post
    Its the entire purpose of the system, sorry they chose to practice it against your lizard in human skin.
    The point is not for electors to ignore the results of the States they represent. Why do people think that?

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/project...toralworks.htm
    Whichever party slate wins the most popular votes in the State becomes that State's Electors-so that, in effect, whichever presidential ticket gets the most popular votes in a State wins all the Electors of that State. [The two exceptions to this are Maine and Nebraska where two Electors are chosen by statewide popular vote and the remainder by the popular vote within each Congressional district].
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

The point is not for electors to ignore the results of the States they represent. Why do people think that?
    And you are wrong, as has proven in this very thread. Your link btw, says nothing about who the electors can or can't vote for. One of the reasons for the EC is to prevent an undesirable from becoming President. The founding fathers were scared that, for example, a foreign puppet could become leader of the US.

I like the EC I just want the electors to be made to vote for who wins their State. That or get rid of them and make the EC votes automatic based on State wins.

If electors are to always vote for what their state voted for, what is the point of the system? By making them only vote for what their state voted for, they become redundant. While it is often in the best interest of all to vote as the state voted, if they detect something such as a seedy con artist that charms the public but has horrid policies and history of breaking what they're supposed to uphold, that's when they're supposed to step in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Liberals need to give it up. They spoke down to everyone who disagreed with them for 8 years. They should be fortunate Conservatives aren't the immature whine-bags they are. They will however lead this country back to glory now that every roadblock is ended.

What the Liberals really are scared of, is that the Conservatives will find success and make their lies to the American people evident, and them irrelevant. If the History Books read anything 20 years from now, it will go thus: "The Democrat party realized too late that it could no longer lie to the American people, while failing to address the issues that their people had; without paying for it in elections. Never again would obstructionism to the extent that Pelosi, Reid and Boxer contrived be permitted in America."

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    If electors are to always vote for what their state voted for, what is the point of the system?
    Originally there was two functions for it - one being the transmission of the vote from various counties to the state, then to the capital.

That is no longer required.

The other function was to protect the newly formed republic from idiots, demagogues and foreign powers gaining power via popular vote.

On Monday we see if that second function is still there, as Trump is the first candidate in modern history to fail on 3/3.

If they let Trump in - then there is no longer ANY function for them, and the system needs to be disbanded and replaced with each state just sending in their 'number' via email or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Liberals need to give it up.
    You are missing the point ... this isn't political issue any more. Republicans won government and presidency. That's fine.

This is 100% purely about keeping someone who is overtly unqualified for ALL THREE tests to be president. That is - keeping this particular individual away from power.

Please keep politics out of what is no longer a political issue.