Page 19 of 107 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    4 States including the 2 most populace had recounts and lawsuits filed. AZ, NV, NY, CA at the very least were shady at best (take a look at any videos of the NV caucus). Each establishment Superdelegate was already in Hillary's pocketbook before the election and DWS was feeding info to the Hillary campaign. It most certainly was DNC meddling.
    Sanders would have needed over 80% of the superdelegates to overcome his pledged delegate deficit. Which is to say nothing of the popular vote deficit.

Sanders winning would have been meddling, not the other way around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The Electoral College will vote for the President tomorrow. If all goes according to plan then Donald Trump will be our confirmed next President of the United States, however anyone else can become President if they get the required votes from the Electoral College. Thoughts?

Electoral College Petition to vote Hillary has nearly reached 5m votes [4.9MIL]

Many news sites towards their bias are either reporting the electoral college will vote Trump or urge people to hope for Hillary to get elected tomorrow.
    That petition seems useless unless it's more people voting on it than those who actually voted for Hillary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Winning that many states doesn't mean he ran a strong campaign. Delegates differ by state precisely because we don't decide contests by counting states, and he got wrecked in pledged delegates (emphasized for the 'rigged' morons) and popular vote.
    Pretty much this. Sanders' campaign was more harping on a series of repeated talking points than actually trying to mobilise voters, and that bore out in the convention. There was no 'rigging' at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    "Rigged morons"

kek<------------this one
    kek
    kek
    kek
    kek
    kek

You do realize the head of the DNC stepped down over that scandal.
    Because it was bad publicity, and people were mad. Care to challenge the fact that he had less pledged delegates and less votes?
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If the EC overrides the vote of the masses, there won't be and EC next election. A Constitutional amendment will be passed to remove the EC.
    That's the idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Winning that many states doesn't mean he ran a strong campaign. Delegates differ by state precisely because we don't decide contests by counting states, and he got wrecked in pledged delegates (emphasized for the 'rigged' morons) and popular vote.
    Define wrecked. It was nearly as close in the popular vote as the Hillary/Obama campaign, arguably the closest in history. The narrative that he got trounced is just factually incorrect. If every registered Democrat who didn't vote had instead voted, Hillary would have won big. It's hard to fathom how a huge portion of those who stayed home were not disenfranchised Bernie voters. It just fails any test of common sense I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Pretty much this. Sanders' campaign was more harping on a series of repeated talking points than actually trying to mobilise voters, and that bore out in the convention. There was no 'rigging' at all.
    He wasn't Trump enough to win on enthusiasm and anger alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Define wrecked. It was nearly as close in the popular vote as the Hillary/Obama campaign, arguably the closest in history. The narrative that he got trounced is just factually incorrect. If every registered Democrat who didn't vote had instead voted, Hillary would have won big. It's hard to fathom how a huge portion of those who stayed home were not disenfranchised Bernie voters. It just fails any test of common sense I can think of.
    As you noted yourself, 'wrecked' is an opinion. Which means you can't really say that him getting trounced is factually incorrect, because that too is an interpretation. The actual facts are that he lost in pledged delegates and popular vote.

He wasn't Trump enough to win on enthusiasm and anger alone.

- - - Updated - - -

As you noted yourself, 'wrecked' is an opinion. Which means you can't really say that him getting trounced is factually incorrect, because that too is an interpretation. The actual facts are that he lost in pledged delegates and popular vote.
    Yeah, you keep arguing delegates but I have made no mention of them. That seems odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If the EC overrides the vote of the masses, there won't be and EC next election. A Constitutional amendment will be passed to remove the EC.
    Lmao, liberal lunacy is hilarious to witness.

So keep dreaming, it's not going to happen. Popular vote does not matter in U.S elections, never has, never will be. It's contrary to our federalist system since it gives too much power to the most populous states.

The EC will choose Trump, and he will be president for the next 8 years. It's time you and your ilk start getting to terms with that fact.

#MAGA

Yeah, you keep arguing delegates but I have made no mention of them. That seems odd.
    Because I'm trying my best to stick to the only metrics that matter on the Bernie/Hillary topic.

Because I'm trying my best to stick to the only metrics that matter on the Bernie/Hillary topic.
    So, in your mind, the DNC hacks had NO IMPACT on the election? I guess we can stop worrying about Russia then. I'm glad we sorted that all out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Electoral voters can only vote for people who gained any electoral votes. Would have been helpful if a state here and there went to a third party. Along with states with laws that don't allow electoral voters to vote for someone besides who won their popular vote in their state, I don't see Hillary winning in the electoral college.
    Why I didn't vote...I knew there was a snowball's chance in hell of anyone but Trump or Clinton would get majority in any state...plus I live in Illinois so I knew Clinton was going to win...or else I probably would of voted for Gary Johnson.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, in your mind, the DNC hacks had NO IMPACT on the election? I guess we can stop worrying about Russia then. I'm glad we sorted that all out.
    I'm not sure what this has to do with Sanders running a weak campaign.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    https://www.archives.gov/federal-reg...ege/about.html

P.S. - You might want to look up the Supreme court case McPherson vs Blacker.
    "The meeting of the electors takes place on the first Monday after the second Wednesday in December after the presidential election. The electors meet in their respective states, where they cast their votes for President and Vice President on separate ballots. Your state’s electors’ votes are recorded on a “Certificate of Vote,” which is prepared at the meeting by the electors. Your state’s Certificates of Votes are sent to the Congress and the National Archives as part of the official records of the presidential election. See the key dates for the 2016 election and information about the roles and responsibilities of state officials and the Congress in the Electoral College process."

There is NO MANDATE that says an Elector must follow the popular vote.

Because it was bad publicity, and people were mad. Care to challenge the fact that he had less pledged delegates and less votes?
    You have no idea what you are even talking about.

Of course more votes were cast for her. Why? Because the DNC was downplaying her short comings. Not only did he have to run against her, he had to run against the entire Democratic Establishment. Why? BECAUSE THE DNC WAS PLAYING AGAINST HIM.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I'm not sure what this has to do with Sanders running a weak campaign.
    That doesn't surprise me.

10+ Year Old Account

Of course more votes were cast for her. Why? Because the DNC was downplaying her short comings. Not only did he have to run against her, he had to run against the entire Democratic Establishment. Why? BECAUSE THE DNC WAS PLAYING AGAINST HIM.
    If Sanders had a stronger campaign, it would not have mattered.

why? because he's not a democrat.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    This is what happened:

Hillary claimed that Trump asked Russia to hack Americans' emails.
    What Trump actually did was to ask Russia to hack Hillary's emails.

That is the half truth/lie, that it wasn't Americans', but Hillary's emails.

What I said was Trump begged the Russians for help, and while "begged" is strictly speaking an embellishment, it is a minor one. Hence, my claim was Almost Completely True.
    He didn't beg Russia to hack emails. He was at a rally and made a saracastic remark. He basically said "Yo guys, if you have em I'd love to see them. haha.. Wonder what is in there. I bet it'd be a riot." He didn't have a phone call with Russia and ask them to give emails. He was telling a sarcastic remark/joke to an American rally of his supporters. The media picked it up and played it like he was directly communicating with Russia which he was not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    There is NO MANDATE that says an Elector must follow the popular vote
    thank you for proving my point.