What can I do to improve dps? Frost

This is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ematuto/simple

Running sims, i get like 310k dps on a patchwerk style fight, but i'm not able to put that even on dummy. I usually do 220/235k dps on fights that i dont need to move a lot. My frost dk i get 275k dps on sims and 250k on real fights.
    I really need some help on stats and rotation.

Armory helps, but do you have any combat logs?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodair View Post
    Armory helps, but do you have any combat logs?
    Don't know if that helps. It's my first time logging outside skada or recount:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonymad View Post
    Don't know if that helps. It's my first time logging outside skada or recount:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    Which mage are you? If you're Kema, I see you're using Ray of Frost.. I'd say switch that out for bone chilling.
    And then swap RoP for Incanter's Flow. I say that because you're always throwing out hard hitting ice lance's, it's best to have some sort of damage increase on them throughout the fight and not just for a burst. Plus your flurry's will hit for more, as they can be hard to wish for during a RoP.

The key with this is to keep the icy veins extending with FoF procs.. Your DPS seems okay for the talents you have, but switch them out to the suggestion above and you might see an improvement straight away...

I don't tend to dive into logs, but I raid as a mage and pull an average of 275k DPS on heroic Odyn, for example, as frost. I have similar ilvl too.
    Here's my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...decimal/simple

Hope this helps

---- Edit: duh, of course that's you, you posted your armory.. I'm an idiot lol.

--- Edit2: Yeah, with ray of frost, you're not able to spit out your Ice Lances... you only managed to cast 25 of them when the other mage cast 60
    Last edited by mmoc208eb2e059; 2016-12-17 at 11:58 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Haven't done the new raid on my mage, in emerald nightmare however I could pull 300k+ dps depending on the fight as 862 frost with RoP and RoF.

I feel like Odin is a longer fight then most in EN though so that might just explain why you would be lower

Playing mage with those 2 talents is very punishing if you can't anticipate all the aspects on a fight. You need to watch the timers and preferably have 10 seconds of non interrupted casting then one blink if needed and then 10 seconds of uninterrupted casting again on the opener or when cd's come back up.

One thing that might boost my damage up is because I have grips of Lady vash, so I have an easier time in still keeping up icy veins.
    When I get home from work I'll post a video on how you should open and continue from that as frost.
    Last edited by Rascal Bob; 2016-12-17 at 12:36 PM.

Thank you both @Luke-Hex and @Rascal Bob. Are the stats correct?
    Another question: I'm trying to cast the first ice lance always after i get 5 icicles and a FoF proc (or using Frozen Touch), and, if possible, after Flurry. Is that correct or i should just cast every FoF proc?

My focus now is actually karazhan for fun with some friends, but i'm having a hard time to keep my dps up, specially at moroes.

Deleted
    Stats, mine aren't great. I have heavy mastery when I really want the haste. Half of it is fire gear to be honest.

I think icicles are something that doesn't really matter. No need to saved the FoF's. Unless maybe if you're about to use RoP? Possibly. But that's mega micro-managing.

Can't speak for RoP and flurry, but for incanter's flow it's best to ditch it at 5 stacks so you get the 20% damage increase. but to be honest I just fire it off whenever really!

I just found it all about making sure that icy veins stays up.

I think Odyn is a different type of fight. There's a lot of movement involved and also the first transition where you sit doing nothing waiting for him to come down.. How do you fair on something like Ursoc or First fight of EN?

7+ Year Old Account
    For stats you want shatter cap first, this is 28% crit. Afterwards you stack mostly haste but I think crit still has some value since frostbolt crits help you maintain chain reaction and the reduction on the icy veins cd. If you want it to be optimal it's best to sim yourself.

I think its not really useful to worry about your icicles, if you cast another frostbolt while you have 5 then one of those 5 just goes off automatically and gets replaced. During burst when you use most of your FoF builders you also don't need perfect chain reaction(a really good trait) up time. Outside of burst you kind of want to stack FoF so you can use it when you have some Chain reaction stacks.

Here is the best video guide I could find when I started playing with the RoF build.

His mythic plus guide

Keep in mind that the RoF build is probably gonna turn out weaker then the BC build with the flat 8% haste nerf in the upcoming patch.
    Last edited by Rascal Bob; 2016-12-17 at 04:20 PM.

To be honest I'm fed up with frost. The complicated things you have to go through to get any sort of AoE damage while others classes spam a one button skill and still do more.... that's not interesting gameplay, just bad design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    To be honest I'm fed up with frost. The complicated things you have to go through to get any sort of AoE damage while others classes spam a one button skill and still do more.... that's not interesting gameplay, just bad design.
    You can spec to more AOE oriented build: Ice Nova, Arctic Gale and Comet Storm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    You can spec to more AOE oriented build: Ice Nova, Arctic Gale and Comet Storm.

He's kinda right though, I enjoy playing frost, but the amount of effort we need to set up an AoE rotation (Blizzard/Frost Bomb/RoP/Comet Storm > Pet Nova > Ice Nova) to do half the damage Warriors/Demon Hunters and most other dps is a little absurd, considering how easy they have it. Though I'm not apposed to disparity between classes, somethings not quite right...

//vant

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vantagal View Post
    He's kinda right though, I enjoy playing frost, but the amount of effort we need to set up an AoE rotation (Blizzard/Frost Bomb/RoP/Comet Storm > Pet Nova > Ice Nova) to do half the damage Warriors/Demon Hunters and most other dps is a little absurd, considering how easy they have it. Though I'm not apposed to disparity between classes, somethings not quite right...

//vant
    Frost mage is fun, don't ruin it. One button specs are not my thing :/