Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Just curious, with the nerf to secondaries what do you guys think will happen to trinket selection? My immediate thought is raw agi with proc or some on use will be a better go to.

Deleted
    So..Coagulated Nightwell residue ilvl880 vs Phantasmal Echo ilvl865 , for pushing high end M+ which one would be most benificial? Thanks!

Just noticed I couldn't find a mention of Eye Of Command from Karazhan. Very solid trinket for dps if its most bosses where you have high uptime auto attacking the same target. 1400+ crit at base ilvl 860. Used it on first mythic Odyn kill where I crushed rank 1 at ilvl 880 But in this example, I was the tank on the boss in p2 and might have switched it out for Urn or something different if I was always switching between adds and boss in p2.

Deleted
    I have been trying Tirathon's Betrayal from Vault of the Wardens, I personally like the on use, short cd and both defensive and offensive buff. I haven't done many runs with this trinket and mine is only 840 but i believe it procs from your spell dmg also (hello RJW).

For lower tier mythic+ i usually look for trinkets which procs from spells (Shock Batoon and similar) or on use aoe trinkets. Big pulls, pop trinkets watch stuff melt. I personally like RJW more than special delivery, since i believe you get more trinket procs with RJW and i haven't been lucky with haste gear. Sitting at around 20-24% haste.

For higher mythic+ (7-10) i usually go with Jim's crystal (i was utterly lucky and got a 880 with a socket) and Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor. Goblet has a huge uptime and is both defensive and offensive.

I sometimes also switch trinkets between fights, not sure if it's worth though.

I haven't really felt a need to go for a pure defensive trinket yet. But i am not a mythic raider nor a high end mythic+ player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    Just noticed I couldn't find a mention of Eye Of Command from Karazhan. Very solid trinket for dps if its most bosses where you have high uptime auto attacking the same target. 1400+ crit at base ilvl 860. Used it on first mythic Odyn kill where I crushed rank 1 at ilvl 880 But in this example, I was the tank on the boss in p2 and might have switched it out for Urn or something different if I was always switching between adds and boss in p2.
    Yeah, Eye of Command's basically an overbudget Agi/Crit stat stick (with rampup), which isn't bad if you have the Haste to cover elsewhere.

Deleted
    So I finally tested my 855 Vial of Nightmare Fog and I am very positively surprised. It's true it was only a m0 HoV, but the druid was a relatively low geared boosty. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&source=5

Except if you didn't have that trinket you would have simply generated more orbs and received more CF healing.

I have to tell people time and time again just because it can top healing in pathetic content that does no damage, doesn't make it a good trinket, even for that content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except if you didn't have that trinket you would have simply generated more orbs and received more CF healing.

I have to tell people time and time again just because it can top healing in pathetic content that does no damage, doesn't make it a good trinket, even for that content.
    It's weak for damage output, as well. Damage output is incredibly important.

That's not a tanks job Kappa

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not a tanks job Kappa
    Hey, you know you're wrong!

Deleted

Generated more orbs - ok. What you're saying is that I basically replaced the healing I could have gotten with the Vial shield, while leaving my agi+haste from the alternate trinket out and effectively did less dps - right?
    I would say it's a good trinket if you don't have a better one though. You know - be positive instead of ... that stuff you wrote

10+ Year Old Account
    It shouldn't reduce the amount of orbs you get. Absorbed and staggered damage is counted toward GotO generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

I'm talking about orbs generated from Obstinate Determination. The absorbed dmg would just make it slower for you to hit 35%.

But yea basically the small absorbs woulda done nothing against 1 shots, doesn't mitigate any actual threatening damage and also doesn't contribute any damage, I'd never reccomend anyone to use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm talking about orbs generated from Obstinate Determination. The absorbed dmg would just make it slower for you to hit 35%.

But yea basically the small absorbs woulda done nothing against 1 shots, doesn't mitigate any actual threatening damage and also doesn't contribute any damage, I'd never reccomend anyone to use it.
    I agree. The way it performs on meters has caused it to be overvalued. It provides a lot of measurable healing - making it look great - but that doesn't take into account all of the self-healing lost via increased GotOx values and Obstinate Determination usage from an Agi trinket. It's also horrible for DPS contribution compared to any reasonably decent Agi trinket.

It performs way above the low standards set by healing trinkets, but I don't really see any use for it other than for a MW forced to tank with no other trinket options available.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Llarold View Post
    I don't really see any use for it other than for a MW forced to tank with no other trinket options available.
    That was basically my point. There's a lot other worse trinkets that go into "tank spec drop" too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    That was basically my point. There's a lot other worse trinkets that go into "tank spec drop" too.
    I would still say it's on par with or worse than most of the "bad" tank trinkets from EN (Seed Pod, Phantasmal Echo, Unbridled Fury), but yeah.

Between

1.) Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor (865)

and

2.) Unbridled Fury (880)

Which would you guys choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinb View Post
    Between

1.) Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor (865)

and

2.) Unbridled Fury (880)

Which would you guys choose?
    Two different trinkets for two different scenarios. If you need another reliable survivability boost then you go with UF. If you are good with just passive versa buffs at some points(in my experience in raiding ichor is 20-35% uptime due to fight RNG) then take Goblet.

Either is worse than a myriad of other trinkets however from dungeons/crafted.

Hi guys Just want some advice on what trinkets to use

I'm currently using a 865 Darkmoon Deck: Immortality and and 885 Urn (agi/mastery stat stick)

But I just got and 885 Talisman of the Cragshaper and wondering if that's better than what I've got.

My thoughts are maybe on spell heavy fights it could be better, but I'm not too sure.

Also, although not a trinket question. Thought I might just throw it out there. I'm having a bit of trouble understanding why kind of stats to go for as a brewmaster monk. From what I can understand it's try to keep haste around 14.3% (or get it to that cap) and basically equip any item that is higher ilvl. While doing this I'm still taking notes of stats for things such as enchants and gems and what not. Currently I have 6930 (17.33%) crit, 5435 (14.49%) haste, 6025 (15.06%) mastery and 3528 (7.43%/3.71%) vers. I'm currently gemming and enchanting into vers cause I am just trying to keep everything kind of even, however I'm unsure if that is correct. Any advice would be great on this as I'm having a ton of fun on my brewmaster and would like to understand more.
    Last edited by Eazychubbs; 2017-02-07 at 04:35 PM.

Deleted
    As you Said before, Haste to a rating that you are comfortable playing with and then ilvl is a pretty good guideline, however if you wanna be abit more picky with what stats you get it depends on what kind of content you are doing.

A brewmaster that is doing cutting edge progressraiding might wanna look at abit more Haste as they Will be at abit higher stagger % in general. Haste is however one of the lowest stats when it comes to dps-gains.

Mastery is great for smoothing out physical damage, mostly when tanking many Mobs at the same time. It is also a pretty good damage and healing stat (our self-healing scales with attackpower).

Crit is a very good stat for bursty dps (M+, the faster things Die the better). It is also one of our best stats for magic heavy fights as it increases "our" healing.

Versa is the best stat overall as it gives us a pure overall damage increase aswell as a small damage intake reduction. I'd gear as heavy as possible with versa and crit for heavy magic damage (nighthold in general).

Agility is just good in general, increases damage in general aswell as our healing output.

This is my few cents when it comes to stats, others may have different opinions but this is how i think atleast!