Poll: Would you like a class-changing option to be available?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    All in all, I feel the need is more for a way to access the important stuff on a new character (because you're changing your main), rather than simply change classes.
    I've been moving around between 3 main chars over the years, 2 of which are currently 110 and actively played, and I don't want to drop one altogether, I'd rather make it painless to switch mains.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    1. My main has 55 exalted reputations, some of which don't even exist anymore. The thought of grinding that many reputations again makes me tired, as it's a giant waste of time but I dislike knowing that I'm not exalted with certain factions. To know that I can't get the items or talk to certain NPCs or do all their quests.
    I would like account-wide exalted reputations for previous xpacks (up to the last one, or maybe just the one before that). I don't see how that would imbalance the game, since no current content would be impacted.

2. My main has acquired a lot of items. Including items that... you guessed it, can't be acquired anymore. Fun items, cool items or simple trinkets, books the stuff.
    If they're fun, they should be in the toy box as well.

3. Achievements are not account wide. "Oh but they are, you can look at..." - no, they're not, if they were I would not get the same "do 10 missions" achievement in Legion my 5th time in a row. If they were I wouldn't need to worry about which char I kill rares around the world as another char is closer.
    Here are two good examples:
    - the fish 100 fish from Draenor, on which I have no reason to fish with other chars than the one I have fished most as they don't add in the end, so fish fished by a fisherman with less fish are wasted.
    - the guild achievement points thingy - the char I like most still has their true achievement points count there.
    So, achievements are not truly account wide, as you can get them multiple times and your char achievement count still exists.
    All valid points.

What i would suggest instead of actually changing your rogue into a hunter or whatever, is to simply have a star on the login screen that identifies your main. You can change that for the price of a token. Any toon that is flagged as your main gets access to all the rep, titles, mounts, etc that are not account-wide. Does t help with a few "toys" or items, but shoukd solve the problem for 99% of content.

That also addresses the complaints of boosting, since you are not actually getting a new toon, just designating a new main.

This works in reverse too when they are deciding to make life easier for alts. Any toon that is not your main will get certain alt perks (like easier starting AP knowledge etc.).

Class option isn't needed. Everything should be account-wide, so leveling new character shouldn't mean voiding majority of your progression.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    Nope.
    Horrible idea.
    Next?

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    A quest chain would be great alongside a significant gold sink.

The game needs to move forward. Locking players to their classes isn't moving forward. It's chaining the game in place.

Please, why not?
    why you think that writting like this is a good idea ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Grow the fuck up and roll a new char. Everything is account-bound that is important.

- - - Updated - - -

By you playing the alt more. Again, grow up.
    I think you've made it perfectly clear who needs to grow up in this thread; hint: it may not be who you think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hehe, got the wrong guy there. I have a toon of every class and play what I like at any given time. Indeed, I have self control and I like levelling.

Are any of those willing to class change in a significant number? I seem to read more threads about people who like their class, played it forever and rather quit when it is "gutted" because they so identify with it.

Oh whatever. Give everyone the option to class change and watch the flood of "It is too expensive" "It just got abused" "Worst idea ever" threads. I understand it apparently hurts no one and one could give the option for those who like it. But I thought that about cosmetic headpieces on the shop, too. And look at that shitstorm and people getting ostracised.

Just checked the poll and will all good arguments here, 62% are flat out against it. Hmmmm....
    There is a difference between being against it and not using something if it was available; not to say there would be a huge difference between the two values but there would certainly be some discrepancy.
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory

10+ Year Old Account
    They know that if they did this, they'd finally have to address the bullshit that is Mage bias as there would be a metric ton of Class changers from X DPS to Mage. Time spent and 12 years of sentiment is all that allows some to tolerate the balance issues. If it really became World of Magecraft, then Blizzard would have no excuses.
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2016-12-19 at 06:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I voted no.

All of the points raised by the OP should be handled by making reputation Account-Wide and making most achievements truly Account-Wide.

The only achievements that should remain "pseudo-account-wide" are progress ones meant to reflect whether you finished a certain content with that character or another, but only while they are current.
    Once they are no longer current, they should become "true account wide" as well.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2016-12-19 at 06:45 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Making rep account wide kills the fantasy that Wow is an rpg. It might seem like a good solution but it's less likely to happen than Blizzard allowing paid class changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Absolutely not.
    Needs more fucking.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    why you think that writting like this is a good idea ?
    Shonist,

It is important to understand the power of emphasis.

Bold and italic and underline are all examples of typographical emphasis. Others include (but are not limited to) strike through, over lining, changed font and size, capitalization and letter spacing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    There should be a way to change Skin Color for free...
    An option to change skin color should be available to the player. Not for free though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Grow the fuck up and roll a new char. Everything is account-bound that is important.

- - - Updated - - -

By you playing the alt more. Again, grow up.
    Each individual decides what is important for him, that is not for you to decide.

Where is the fantasy in creating an alt?

@OP

FFXIV lets you do that, for free.

WoW doesn't have enough content to let you do everything on one character and be satisfied with it, they need you do make alts so you can do the same content on a new character, and call it "new content!".

Repeat after me people: "The same content on another character is still the same freaking content".
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Quote Originally Posted by skitz0129 View Post
    Yea it's called level another one. This thread needs to completely fuck off. Fuck this ADHD era. People are so stupid now, jesus christ. You don't deserve to have everything in the game if you're too much of a kneejerking douchebag that you reroll every PTR patch.
    Chill out kiddo

If you make achievements account wide you would solve most of your problems, its frustrating that things like do x number of missions or win 100 bgs don't just count to your account. You might have 300 WSG wins across 4 characters but since none of them have 100 you don't get the achievement. To fix this though would all depend on how blizzard has the backend of the achievement system setup, which could be a pain to change.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Interesting, but not something Blizz is going to do, and certainly not for such a low price point.

Blizz is already willing to let you skip old leveling content for $60 US. They are willing to do this for 2 reasons:
    - It gets a quick $60 into their pockets without really giving you much as you will still have to spend time building up any achievements (and even professions unless you don't do this until you are Level 60), so you are still on the hook to continue paying at least monthly fees to get things.
    - It continues to let them expend minimum effort to maintain old content (i.e. reduces their costs).

Switching a character class for a fee only gives them a quick $XX into their pockets, but now you don't have to spend time building up much of anything, so there is a lot less reason for you to continue paying at least monthly fees to get things. It does nothing to reduce Blizz costs.

(BTW, even if you buy your time via tokens for gold, it is still money in Blizz's pockets)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    We're entitled
    Pretty much says it all right there.

I'd love a system like FFXIV's class system, maybe not every class, but one or two would be cool.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I disagree. In these cases making more things across-account would be more beneficial.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

The issue I see with this idea is that it would end up being FOTM classes everywhere. So once in a while you would hit a point where a class (Hunter, Mage, Warlock...) are best and everyone plays those classes but no one wants to tank and/or heal. Ques will be awful.

Changing classes would also lead to a period of adaptation. I played lock since BC, it was my main and the first toon I would level every xpac. This time around I choose rogue, but after realizing how RNG based the Outlaw is (only spec I appreciate), I am attempting to go back to my lock, tho it feels like I am playing the class for the first time ever, it feels weird. It's maybe the case for the class in Legion, but it could become the norm with the idea OP proposes.

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree with those saying that making certain other things account bound would be the best idea.

I like the idea of making Rep account bound, but each is still earned individually and only the highest rep for each faction across your characters counts towards your account. That way you can't bulldoze rep grinds by having 4+ characters burning through the same quests but if you change your mind and have a second character that you want to grind a rep with, it's still beneficial.