Page 64 of 107 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    well we are still paying for it. But yeah, there are a lot of mental health issues in the homeless. Still, I have never seen a rags to riches story like what a certain poster here has claimed can happen if they just make good choices. Do you think the vast majority of the poor want to keep living in poverty?
    Well, of course not. But does that mean the vast majority of poor are making good decisions with their money and working as hard as they can to better themselves?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Well, of course not. But does that mean the vast majority of poor are making good decisions with their money and working as hard as they can to better themselves?
    Watch out, implying people require personal responsibility is a giant no-no these days.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Depends on perspective.
    Actually - it depends on if he carries out his promises or not.

If he does - then there won't be anything after him.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    I get a chuckle out of Trump and his surrogates. They are claiming it is a huge victory...that they have a "mandate". Here's reality:

By electoral college vote, Trump is 46 out of 56 (2 years involved ties).

By popular vote, 3rd from the bottom...only being beaten out by Rutherford Hayes and John Quincy Adams (-2.1% margin).

The fact that a good chunk of people are buying into the "mandate" nonsense is mind-boggling. Anyone using "mandate" gets laughed at by anyone understanding reality, but to even try to claim a "mandate" with such marginal numbers...well, that's taking stupid to a whole new level. Welcome to idiocracy...the new normal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Looks like I did what the Joker couldn't.

I beat the Batman.
    The real Batman wouldn't waste his time on an internet forum. Unless it was necessary anyway.

Qualifies: be capable of performing the duties, not be under foreign influence, not be a demagogue or popularist.
    And this is laid down as a "qualification"....where?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    I mean, someone who borders on being the biggest leftist on these forums saying other people are stuck in their own reality is kind of ironic.
    I'm guessing you think I'm one of the biggest lefties because I'm constantly calling the Trumpkins out on their hypocrisy? Because you clearly don't pay attention to my views or my beliefs, you just get triggered by how much I pull hypocrites off their high horses.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Actually - it depends on if he carries out his promises or not.

If he does - then there won't be anything after him.
    I find your fear of strength appalling why did you decide to make weakness a virtue?

You can't refute the logic so you resort to posting clever pictures.
    You realise he's posting the False icon from snopes, right?

http://www.snopes.com/trump-won-3084...linton-won-57/

You're not even quoting the lie correctly.

In any case, counties are irrelevant. 2.8 million more Americans voted for Hillary than Trump. He won because of the EC's WTA rule, which makes millions of votes not count every election.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/12/popula...lary-by-state/
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmollster11 View Post
    Say what you want, but no Liberal leader has ever been successful. Bill Clinton is not example as the house and senate were Republican during most of his term.

Obama could have been successful, but he passed Obamacare which severely hurt his standing among most Americans. He was soft on the military, too inclusive to Muslims and illegal immigrants, and soft on crime. These things collectively caused the country to not believe in him.
    Of course, having virtually no business, leadership or political experience didn't help.
    Bill Clinton isn't a liberal at all, the guy has no firm beliefs except in doing whatever it takes to get more money and power. His triangulation strategy was just that, a strategy. He has no core beliefs to point to him as this or that type of Democrat.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    I didn't lose, I see it as a huge step forward.
    EVERYONE lost - that's a fact. Even the 0.1% that Trump is empowering will lose in the long run from this.

You not seeing that - that's how a demagogue like Trump gets into power, on the back of ignorance and apathy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I find your fear of strength appalling why did you decide to make weakness a virtue?
    Please explain your comment ? Can't see any relevance to Trump, the EC or the 2016 Election.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

In any case, counties are irrelevant. 2.8 million more Americans voted for Hillary than Trump. He won because of the EC's WTA rule, which makes millions of votes not count every election.
    Oh this again.

The EC was laid down to ensure that the popular vote didnt decide the outcome, otherwise one or two states would dictate who was President.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I'm guessing you think I'm one of the biggest lefties because I'm constantly calling the Trumpkins out on their hypocrisy? Because you clearly don't pay attention to my views or my beliefs, you just get triggered by how much I pull hypocrites off their high horses.
    You lost.

Why not just look at yourself in a mirror and figure out why?

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    And this is laid down as a "qualification"....where?
    Well - if you don't want to take common sense, or law, then how about in documents written by the designers of your system of government.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I just love this screeching 180 that everyone on the right is doing now.

You guys created the current political climate. You guys fostered ridiculous amounts of division and obstructionism. You guys went above and beyond to try to create a "post-truth" world.

But now suddenly you're all calling for some kumbaya shit.
    I'm not, for what it's worth. Let divisions reign and continue, each going their own separate way. The grassroots of both sides can deal with its' own malefactors in a bubble, it's much harder when the 'elite' of both conspire against us.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Well - if you don't want to take common sense, or law, then how about in documents written by the designers of your system of government.
    Source please. What documents.

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    The EC was laid down to ensure that the popular vote didnt decide the outcome, otherwise one or two states would dictate who was President.
    That is actually the function of the senate (ensuring equalised state power).

The two original functions of the EC were:
    1. To get the information from the counties to the state, and to the capital - before the days of telegrams, telegraph and the internet.
    2. To ensure that no person who was unfit to take power did so.

The first was removed over a century ago.
    The second was demonstrated to be irrelevant on the 19th of December 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    EVERYONE lost - that's a fact. Even the 0.1% that Trump is empowering will lose in the long run from this.

You not seeing that - that's how a demagogue like Trump gets into power, on the back of ignorance and apathy.

- - - Updated - - -

Please explain your comment ? Can't see any relevance to Trump, the EC or the 2016 Election.
    I don't think you could even if I spelled it out, You believe Trump won from apathy? He won because he offered Americans the nation state, He won because he promised them better lives.

You are so twisted and befouled that you see the end of the eight years as a bad things. Times change my friend but change can be both good and bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*
    Yes, because a county with 1000 people living in it has the same weight as one with 1 000 000.

I didn't know democracies were based on landspread. Oh wait, the U.S. isn't a democracy. My bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two final words.

Move. On.