Poll: Best Expac for SV

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Mop survival was really fun to play. Sad to see it get completely reworked into melee when i picked hunter to play ranged dps...

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    I am really surprised to see such a high vote count for Legion SV. For the people who voted for Legion as SV as most favorite, what aspects of current SV do you find most appealing. I am not being sarcastic here. Just want some honest feedback from people who actually play and like the spec.
    I love the fact that receiving 18% of the total vote is surprisingly high for Legion survival. Not even being sarcastic. I really do love how that's the state of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    So much this. I was BM till i had the haste for surv, fun times.
    What? Haste was introduced with the sunwell patch and Back then it was only a small amount barely noticable even in sunwell gear. Dimensions from what haste is now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    What? Haste was introduced with the sunwell patch and Back then it was only a small amount barely noticable even in sunwell gear. Dimensions from what haste is now.
    My memory is fuzzy but it was to stop clipping shots with one of the 3.00 speed bows

Mop 100 percent. Spread aoe was insane with serpent spread .
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Raw Strength- Vanilla.
    Why- The raw stats that Survival had in Vanilla was overpowered. You went 0/21/30 or something like that to obtain the 15% agility and the other stats caused it to be extremely powerful.

Gameplay- Cata/MoP

Honorable mention: Wrath - They really did amazing work on the Talent tree to give it a lot of interesting talents. Example: Sniper Training was first introduced then and it was an interesting spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    My memory is fuzzy but it was to stop clipping shots with one of the 3.00 speed bows
    Might be wrath then. Cause back then you needed haste to fit 2-3 steadyshots in explo cd

Deleted
    Might be wrath then. Cause back then you needed haste to fit 2-3 steadyshots in explo cd
    No it was Sunwell. The other hunter in my guild got the haste required before me so got the bow and went Surv before i did. the 3.00 bow was Black Bow of the Betrayer and the one i was using with the faster speed was Crossbow of Relentless Strikes which is why you needed the extra haste to use the illidan bow.

No it was Sunwell. The other hunter in my guild got the haste required before me so got the bow and went Surv before i did. the 3.00 bow was Black Bow of the Betrayer and the one i was using with the faster speed was Crossbow of Relentless Strikes which is why you needed the extra haste to use the illidan bow.
    Explosive Shot didn't exist in BC. SV did use the 3:2 macro.

Raids never brought more than one SV hunter to a raid. Expose Weakness didn't stack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by racenutz View Post
    Explosive Shot didn't exist in BC. SV did use the 3:2 macro.

Raids never brought more than one SV hunter to a raid. Expose Weakness didn't stack.
    I never mentioned explosive shot that was the other guy. Also i'm aware it didn't stack but our other hunter worked shifts so i needed the gear for when he wasn't about.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP by far. I absolutely adored Survival then. It was the only hunter spec i could stand. Now i hate the class due to hating every spec.

Mists, because of how insane the spec was in SoO. Explosive Machinegun, constant Xuen cleave, Serpent Spread eating enemies alive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    I am really surprised to see such a high vote count for Legion SV. For the people who voted for Legion as SV as most favorite, what aspects of current SV do you find most appealing. I am not being sarcastic here. Just want some honest feedback from people who actually play and like the spec.
    Things I love about Legion SV;
    - High skill cap
    - Engaging playstyle
    - Burst AoE (when you can time your stacks right for incoming adds)

Things I like about Legion SV;
    - Using pet again (after a long time of playing LW MM I kinda missed them!)
    - Traps
    - Legion is more melee-friendly than previous expansions (so far)

Things I dislike about Legion SV;
    - Versatility as our top secondary
    - No stun (every other melee has one)
    - People's ignorance getting me kicked from groups*

*Once got booted for being SV in an HC PuG AFTER killing Nythendra and beating every other melee in the raid for dps... yay logic.

Also, big shout out for the old EW TBC SV. I was our guilds EW debuffbot and usually held my own vs the other dps despite the individual dps of the spec being lacklustre.

I think I enjoyed Survival the most during BC. Back then, CCing mobs in dungeons was still important and my Survival spec could keep three mobs tied down. Sometimes 4 if I needed to Concussive Shot kite a mob. Seems like I ran a lot of Shadow Labs back then and there were tons of mobs to CC. I also remember keeping one of the adds during the Morose on ice pretty much the entire fight. It was almost an art form for me. (Yes, I'm aware that BM had the silly one button mega DPS build back then).

Deleted
    TBC was easily my favourite time as survival. Lots of mele utility that the other specs lacked, very high crit chance (almost 50% towards the end) and improved traps. Skipping readiness and going deeper into the marksman tree allowed some nice customization. Even putting 5 points into BM for extra stamina was great for tankiness. This is from a mainly pvp player.

For me, survival kind of died when they added explosive shot. That really changed the spec into something different, and for me that new direction was a lot worse. I enjoy legion survival a lot more than I've enjoyed the spec ever since patch 3.0.

WoTLK and Cata were the king fun times of survival imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    ???? no
    we had it in vanilla even.

10 char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    ???? no
    we had it in vanilla even.

10 char
    Uriel is right, Haste did not exist in-game as an on-gear stat prior to the Sunwell patch. There were effects (e.g. Bloodlust) that did exist pre-Sunwell that affected your attack/cast speeds but nothing directly from gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aere1985 View Post
    Uriel is right, Haste did not exist in-game as an on-gear stat prior to the Sunwell patch. There were effects (e.g. Bloodlust) that did exist pre-Sunwell that affected your attack/cast speeds but nothing directly from gear.
    Nope
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Haste
    Read.
    Melee haste / spell haste -> haste
    You had haste rating (spell and melee) on the pre naxx event gear. And multiple haste procs and on use items like of Eskhandars ect ect.
    And lol quivlers -> haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Nope
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Haste
    Read.
    Melee haste / spell haste -> haste
    You had haste rating (spell and melee) on the pre naxx event gear. And multiple haste procs and on use items like of Eskhandars ect ect.
    And lol quivlers -> haste.
    The discussion above was whether it was necessary or possible to gear for haste in Sunwell. I didn't count Trinket or Itemproccs like right Esxhandars because you cound neither gear nor gem for it actively and those effects were only temporary. So yeah Aere1985 is right saying it didn't exists as an ongear stat. You could argue qith quivers but the bonus was very minor and who whould replace all bags wioth quivers just for a tiny bit of haste?

Like I've said, back in the days haste didn't scale as much as nowadays so even with haste proccs or BC Items (Or all quivers) that did actually had haste as a stat the bonus was still quite minor. Far from what haste has become today.

Which Naxx do you mean? The Naxx that barely anyone ever saw, or the Naxx that came after Sunwell thus making your argument invalid?