PW: Shield visual

So... Mages get two new barrier spells complete with new visuals and we are back to having only the ancient PW:S one from before the game went life the first time. We do not even get to have it just for us, everyone with the legendary neck gets the same thing, too.
    How about they finally give us a new one or give us back one of those visuals they cut from our class this addon for it?

I spent a while wondering why some priest was randomly spamming PW:S around Dalaran before I realized that priests aren't special enough to not have a spell effect stolen by a legendary necklace that most people consider a disappointment.

Divine Aegis looked very sweet - I actually sqeeked when first saw it in WOLTK pre-patch and couldn't stop spamming to get the visual. But nooo, we don't have it anymore and stuck with totally boring PWS yellow something. Couldn't they just make a more egg-formed DA animation for PWS? Too much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Nzete View Post
    I spent a while wondering why some priest was randomly spamming PW:S around Dalaran before I realized that priests aren't special enough to not have a spell effect stolen by a legendary necklace that most people consider a disappointment.
    The legendary neck is getting its spell effect replaced by Divine Aegis' visual in 7.1.5, so that confusion will be gone at least.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    The legendary neck is getting its spell effect replaced by Divine Aegis' visual in 7.1.5, so that confusion will be gone at least.
    I hope that is a joke, everyone gets new absorb visuals but we still have to keep one of the oldest if not the oldest visual still around?
    Mages actually have a few old ones that are no longer in use and they get two (three if you count the legendary) new ones?

Speaking of that, priest visuals - all specs - are completely lame. Mage? Flying balls of fire, flying gigant balls of fire, phoenixes, DoT that visually sets target on fire, flaring up, pillars of fire, fire breathing dragon head, etc... Frost? Beams, flying icicles, visible ice on target...

Shadow? Top nukes VT and SW:P - invisible, Mind Blast - invisible, execute hard-hitting nuke SW: D - two fucking thin purple lines scratching target's side. Filler? Purple line. Artifact ability? TWO purple lines.

Healing specs do have some better visuals, but still their most often cast spells are mostly invisible.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, kind of related - I always wanted something that is more customizable than today glyph's system. An entire panel where you see all graphics variations of your spells ever used in game and where you can switch to any version for each separate spell.
    Last edited by rowaasr13; 2016-12-21 at 02:46 AM.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

It's a simple answer to your post OP.

Mages are the babies of WoW, if they're going to introduce anything new for them, it's going to look fancy and it's going to look good. If it's another class, you won't see any updates unless you bitch and moan for a good few years so it reaches the devs.
    Born too late to explore the earth
    Born too soon to explore the galaxy
    Born just in time to browse dank memes

Deleted
    TBH I'd have liked to have the 'proper' DA animation put in place of the PWS animation since DA was removed. The original one with the pretty runes etc

especially since they already have all the art etc for it and it's been out of the game in that incarnation for what... 5 years yet still looks 20 years ahead of the PWS animation

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Is this a joke? This shitty legendary can keep the PWS animation, thank you very much. Let us have the DA back, at least
    Damn, I'm mad now
    Can someone post about this on US forums?

I agree that it would be great to have a very strong visual of a shield blanketed raid.