Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Assassination is actually that strong.

I just did a CoS +12 with a Ele shama 892 and Ret pally 890 and I am a 876 Assassination with Sephuz ring and dreadlord back.
    On bosses, I was doing 450k-550k ( No old war ) with 1m burst to 1.2m
    Overall damage ;
    Shaman 538.62m
    Me 524.26m
    Pally 470.32m
    I was topping almost on every fight, but they both outdps me on 5+ trash by 100k or less.
    I am not bragging about my damage or anything, just clarifying that Assassination is not as weak as people might think.

15+ Year Old Account
    No-one says Sin is weak?

It's common knowledge that it's the go-to spec for both raids AND high M+...

Not bragging, my arse.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I call bullshit on boss numbers, but yes, Sin CAN be quite high even on trash mobs.

The issue isn't that it's mediocre. It's that it's either good if you proc Poison Bomb on groups, or trash if you don't. And since it's a %proc and not ppm, there's no way too be sure you'll even proc PB once when AoE is needed.
    Signatures in 2018 LUL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengokuq View Post
    I just did a CoS +12 with a Ele shama 892 and Ret pally 890 and I am a 876 Assassination with Sephuz ring and dreadlord back.
    Overall damage ;
    Shaman 538.62m
    Me 524.26m
    Pally 470.32m
    I was topping almost on every fight, but they both outdps me on 5+ trash by 100k or less.
    I am not bragging about my damage or anything, just clarifying that Assassination is not as weak as people might think.
    Who said Sin was weak? ^^

It's probably one of the strongest specs in game.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why you think it's unrealistic to do that much damage on the bosses. The first boss has adds (he has cloak) and while the adds don't need to die, you'll still use FoK for a global regardless once you reach a certain amount of stacks. The cape would also massively inflate numbers on the second boss as well, as the imps spawn every 30 seconds.

Tyrannical 12 bosses last about 2 minutes, or slightly more depending on the boss. That's 100% uptime on prolonged potions, and on boss 1 and 3 you're going to have a pretty large uptime on lust (even higher on the first boss considering he dies shortly after hitting 25%).

Keep in mind also that in CoS you can get 10% more haste, 10% more crit or a flat 10% more damage.

Maybe it's high I don't know, but CoS has buffs which inflate numbers a bit. His range was 450-500k, which while a lot is a lot a big range. If he was doing the low end on the last boss (450k) and they had the 10% damage buff, his realistic damage on any other encounter would barely be above 400k, which sounds a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kortiah View Post
    I call bullshit on boss numbers, but yes, Sin CAN be quite high even on trash mobs.

The issue isn't that it's mediocre. It's that it's either good if you proc Poison Bomb on groups, or trash if you don't. And since it's a %proc and not ppm, there's no way too be sure you'll even proc PB once when AoE is needed.
    Why would I lie about the numbers? I don't benefit anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    No-one says Sin is weak?

It's common knowledge that it's the go-to spec for both raids AND high M+...

Not bragging, my arse.
    Did I say it's weak? I said; it's not as weak as people might say. Because Sin always getting compared to Outlaw and people keep saying that Outlaw is the strongest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Not sure why you think it's unrealistic to do that much damage on the bosses. The first boss has adds (he has cloak) and while the adds don't need to die, you'll still use FoK for a global regardless once you reach a certain amount of stacks. The cape would also massively inflate numbers on the second boss as well, as the imps spawn every 30 seconds.

Tyrannical 12 bosses last about 2 minutes, or slightly more depending on the boss. That's 100% uptime on prolonged potions, and on boss 1 and 3 you're going to have a pretty large uptime on lust (even higher on the first boss considering he dies shortly after hitting 25%).

Keep in mind also that in CoS you can get 10% more haste, 10% more crit or a flat 10% more damage.

Maybe it's high I don't know, but CoS has buffs which inflate numbers a bit. His range was 450-500k, which while a lot is a lot a big range. If he was doing the low end on the last boss (450k) and they had the 10% damage buff, his realistic damage on any other encounter would barely be above 400k, which sounds a lot better.
    Don't know about any of these buffs tbh. But I was roughly doing 440k~ish give or take on each bosses. The highest I got is 480k on first boss.

Deleted
    Did I say it's weak? I said; it's not as weak as people might say.
    You suggested people might think it's weak. Who in their right minds "might stay" Sin is weak with all data showing the complete opposite?

Where do you see people saying "outlaw is the strongest"? Strongest at what?

It's like saying: "Wow, Prot warriors are not as squishy as people might say!" It doesn't make any sense. You don't need to "clarify" what is already obvious. From the looks of it, you only want to brag.
    Last edited by mmoc47927e0cdb; 2016-12-20 at 11:09 AM.

Deleted
    It's common knowledge that assasinationrogues are insane for high m+. Yes they don't shine in m2 as mages living bomb, demon hunters etc will usually cleave the mobs down before u even get your first rupture on the target.

But sustained AoE on high packs? They shine, oh boy oh boy.

And don't even mention ST bossdmg, they are incredible for ST!

500k dps on bosses is nothing special for M+. I'm sure you're a good player and assassination is a very strong spec, but those other guys are underperforming for their ilevel.

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    You suggested people might think it's weak. Who in their right minds "might stay" Sin is weak with all data showing the complete opposite?

Where do you see people saying "outlaw is the strongest"? Strongest at what?

It's like saying: "Wow, Prot warriors are not as squishy as people might say!" It doesn't make any sense. You don't need to "clarify" what is already obvious. From the looks of it, you only want to brag.
    Do you even read the forums? I answered a guy who said exactly like you. Sin is always getting compared to Outlaw and people keep saying that Outlaw is the strongest. I didn't imply that Sin is weak, I just said that people think it's weaker than Outlaw. It's not weak.

Did I say it's weak? I said; it's not as weak as people might say. Because Sin always getting compared to Outlaw and people
    Don't know about any of these buffs tbh. But I was roughly doing 440k~ish give or take on each bosses. The highest I got is 480k on first boss.
    So 440-480k or 450-550 k? Which is it?

This entire thread is garbage. This dude is just trying to stroke his own dick.

Its mediocre. No utilities and not amazing damage. There is zero reason to bring a rogue over WW or Havoc for example

aoe stuns and bursts are absolutely clutch for many of the higher mythic dungeons, which Assa rogue have neither.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's common knowledge that sin is king. Everyone knows it. No one thinks outlaw is better.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    So 440-480k or 450-550 k? Which is it?
    It varied. I can't tell you the specific number but it was between those 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xvolte View Post
    This entire thread is garbage. This dude is just trying to stroke his own dick.
    Whatever makes you sleep at night

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iky43210 View Post
    Its mediocre. No utilities and not amazing damage. There is zero reason to bring a rogue over WW or Havoc for example

aoe stuns and bursts are absolutely clutch for many of the higher mythic dungeons, which Assa rogue have neither.
    I wasn't comparing Assassination to other classes, I am just pointing out that Assassination is not as weak as they think. It can become very strong with the boots only.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    It's common knowledge that sin is king. Everyone knows it. No one thinks outlaw is better.
    Except that sub outscales it in higher gear and outlaw is better for sustained aoe/trash.
    Also sin puts me to sleep, it kinda did ever since wrath but now its all about rupture even more then before.

Compared to sin sub feels tons more engaging, even if it in itself is a shell of what it was in wod.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Except that sub outscales it in higher gear and outlaw is better for sustained aoe/trash.
    Also sin puts me to sleep, it kinda did ever since wrath but now its all about rupture even more then before.

Compared to sin sub feels tons more engaging, even if it in itself is a shell of what it was in wod.
    Outlaw also has gouge, which is very useful against a large amount of mob types in M+.
    Last edited by Valnar; 2016-12-20 at 08:21 PM.

t Assassination is not as weak as they think.
    As who thinks? Noone said assassination is weak, are you high?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Except that sub outscales it in higher gear
    That's already been proven wrong in en. And at that point it makes little to hard to believe " sub will massively outscale the other specs by 880+" didn't happen now it's "just wait for nh where it will magically outscale all again.."

Deleted
    Overall damage ;
    Shaman 538.62m
    Me 524.26m
    Pally 470.32m
    what talents did you use?