Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The only situations in which I've seen people say that assassination is weak are low level mythic+ where trash only lives for a few seconds, and even then our damage is passable if we can get a poison bomb proc. Either you're hanging around uninformed people or you're just here to brag.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengokuq View Post
    Do you even read the forums? I answered a guy who said exactly like you. Sin is always getting compared to Outlaw and people keep saying that Outlaw is the strongest. I didn't imply that Sin is weak, I just said that people think it's weaker than Outlaw. It's not weak.
    No people don't think Sin is weak. You just made that up so you could make this garbage thread to "brag".

Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    That's already been proven wrong in en. And at that point it makes little to hard to believe " sub will massively outscale the other specs by 880+" didn't happen now it's "just wait for nh where it will magically outscale all again.."
    sub scales better with gear and always did, mutilate rogues ( or assa to keep it in term these days ) always scaled poorly with gear just like dk's for example.
    Around 870+ sub clearly comes in the tail water of assa in terms of output and it will only go up in coming tiers unless blizzard fucks it over.

Also nothing wrong with that, assa is so boring, if it was the top rogue spec for a whole expansion its almost enough reason to reroll to not fall asleep where you sit during a raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kortiah View Post
    I call bullshit on boss numbers, but yes, Sin CAN be quite high even on trash mobs.

The issue isn't that it's mediocre. It's that it's either good if you proc Poison Bomb on groups, or trash if you don't. And since it's a %proc and not ppm, there's no way too be sure you'll even proc PB once when AoE is needed.
    poison bomb works with rppm.

sub scales better with gear and always did, mutilate rogues ( or assa to keep it in term these days ) always scaled poorly with gear just like dk's for example.
    Around 870+ sub clearly comes in the tail water of assa in terms of output and it will only go up in coming tiers unless blizzard fucks it over.

Also nothing wrong with that, assa is so boring, if it was the top rogue spec for a whole expansion its almost enough reason to reroll to not fall asleep where you sit during a raid.
    sub is super strong, but highly dependend on uptime. This is what makes a cut through all the calculations, all bosses on nighthold are not uptime friendly.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2016-12-21 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    what talents did you use?
    I go crit ver build standing at 43% crit and almost 10% vers with food, EP Exan~

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    No people don't think Sin is weak. You just made that up so you could make this garbage thread to "brag".

Pathetic.
    Lol, ok. Whatever you say ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sae View Post
    The only situations in which I've seen people say that assassination is weak are low level mythic+ where trash only lives for a few seconds, and even then our damage is passable if we can get a poison bomb proc. Either you're hanging around uninformed people or you're just here to brag.
    Why would I brag around a bunch of nerds whom I've never met? xD

I got 850 ilvl and I pull 850k overall and 700k ST. Not bragging. Sin is not weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    It's common knowledge that sin is king. Everyone knows it. No one thinks outlaw is better.
    I have to laugh at some of the replies here though. I specifically remember me & you being laughed at for suggesting Sin was the best choice a few months ago. Look at all the turncoats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    I have to laugh at some of the replies here though. I specifically remember me & you being laughed at for suggesting Sin was the best choice a few months ago. Look at all the turncoats.
    Not sure if you realise this but things change with buffs and nerfs

Anyway sin is only king in high end mythic plus if the rest of the group makes up for its lack of aoe stun and cc in general

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Not sure if you realise this but things change with buffs and nerfs

Anyway sin is only king in high end mythic plus if the rest of the group makes up for its lack of aoe stun and cc in general
    It was more a mechanical discussion, based on damage consistency pull to pull rather than raw damage comparisons, where Outlaw has far greater potential. Trying to get that through to people in the Outlaw thread was like pulling teeth.

That said with the changes coming to Alacrity, I really think Outlaw will be the go to spec for M+ in 7.1.5

7+ Year Old Account
    It was more a mechanical discussion, based on damage consistency pull to pull rather than raw damage comparisons, where Outlaw has far greater potential. Trying to get that through to people in the Outlaw thread was like pulling teeth.

That said with the changes coming to Alacrity, I really think Outlaw will be the go to spec for M+ in 7.1.5
    How does alacrity stacking up faster make outlaw the goto spec in m+? Unless you are also counting in the fact that with the stat nerfs assassinations combo point regen will be hurt by a somewhat significant amount.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh haughty derision. It was fun seeing them all changed their opinions slowly tho.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Attention Whore detected

i had bm hunters doing 1.2 million dps on 2nd boss in cos. on +12.

"Best spec is actually best spec." Ok? That's why 85-90% of players play it, almost exclusively.

Stop calling it Sin. That is not a thing and makes us as a class sound like a bunch of idiots. Its Mut or Assassination, always has been. Just because you started playing in MoP doesn't mean you get to try to force this new awful name on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cytoma View Post
    Stop calling it Sin. That is not a thing and makes us as a class sound like a bunch of idiots. Its Mut or Assassination, always has been. Just because you started playing in MoP doesn't mean you get to try to force this new awful name on us.
    Who is 'us'? Who cares really if I call it teddybear banana spec?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, Sin is so much better I'm shocked it took so long for the community to adopt it. "Mut" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, so some folks like Sin. You sound old, homie.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why? "Assassination" is a mouthful to say or type, "Assass" is an awkward combination of syllables, and "Ass" is just a joke.

"Sin" is a contraction that is both easy to type and vocalise. "Sin rogue" is a well-flowing set of syllables. It just makes sense.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtwood View Post
    I got 850 ilvl and I pull 850k overall and 700k ST. Not bragging. Sin is not weak.
    In what relevant scenario could you possibly be pulling these numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Tengokuq View Post
    Why would I brag around a bunch of nerds whom I've never met? xD
    You guys aren't actually going to let him get away with this retort surely?