Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    lol pretty much iirc the us has best navy in the world amazing air force army and marines are on point and of course got the coast guard although thats more homeland security these days they are still capable of fucking shit up
    mr pickles

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    "Us"? "Protesters"? Gang members are no such thing, they're domestic terrorists.
    Everyone who speaks out against the government in China is a terrorist. We will not be adopting their habit of turning the military upon civilians.

"Us"? "Protesters"? Gang members are no such thing, they're domestic terrorists.
    iirc in the US the only time such a crackdown has been done was during one of the san francisco earthquakes on looters and it was deemed unlawful.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Everyone who speaks out against the government in China is a terrorist. We will not be adopting their habit of turning the military upon civilians.
    Civilians? LOL, they're armed combatants who don't obey the laws. And then you wonder why your country is riddled with violent gangs terrorizing civilians all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    iirc in the US the only time such a crackdown has been done was during one of the san francisco earthquakes on looters and it was deemed unlawful.
    Lei Shie is a refugee from the former yougoslavia. he hates America.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Civilians? LOL, they're armed combatants who don't obey the laws. And then you wonder why your country is riddled with violent gangs terrorizing civilians all over the place.
    You missed my general point. My general point is, "holy fuck no we will not be mimicking the Chinese in their use of military force against civilians."

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    A free Tibet would be nice... but I doubt that will happen.
    China has a lot of territories it could stand to free from their self-imposed rule. Tibet, Xinjiang/East Turkestan, Inner Mongolia (even though it's gone through some pretty heavy sinicization) and the two westernized states of Hong Kong and Macua.

At least there's still Dharamshala, which has basically become "Little Tibet."

Now on the topic of new countries, a transhumanist/futurist state...

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Hong Kong is fairly independent already, is it not? Similar to the Interbellum period Free City of Danzig (now Gdansk in Poland). Or am I thinking of Taiwan? >.>
    It used to be, but the trend does not look good. Or it looks quite bright and promising if you ask the china communist party. The special administrative region status was signed to last "at least 50 years" after the handover. Which most likely means that soon around 2047 Hong Kong is some New Shenzhen or similar shithole, completely under the communist dictatorship. They're already tightening the grasp on it quite shamelessly, in typical chinese manner of course, not giving a fuck if you break a law or two while doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Canausa or Usacana. 10chars
    North American States.

I've always been fond of the idea of a United States of Africa...A USA of another sort...but no connection to the current one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Now on the topic of new countries, a transhumanist/futurist state...
    Never happen in any way that involves money...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    North American States.

I've always been fond of the idea of a United States of Africa...A USA of another sort...but no connection to the current one.
    There's been some discussion on the basis of a North American Union between the US, Canada and Mexico. Something along the lines of the EU with it's own currency (the proposed "Amero").

I doubt most of Africa could unite as a single country sadly, there's just too much ethnic, culture and religious diversity to fit under one government.

At best I could forsee the possibility of an East African Union (Kenya, Ethiopia, Eritrea, South Sudan and Tanzania, possibly even Arab states like Egypt, Sudan and Somalia) that's economically close to China. Maybe a Southern African Union containing South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Swaziland, Botswana and maybe even Angola).

Cape Verde also shows a pretty strong interest in joining the EU.

Deleted
    Go, California.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Go, California.

It not that the Republican are really anti climate change, its just stopping\slowing global warming is slowing efforts to submerge California....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    There's been some discussion on the basis of a North American Union between the US, Canada and Mexico. Something along the lines of the EU with it's own currency (the proposed "Amero").

I doubt most of Africa could unite as a single country sadly, there's just too much ethnic, culture and religious diversity to fit under one government.

At best I could forsee the possibility of an East African Union (Kenya, Ethiopia, Eritrea, South Sudan and Tanzania, possibly even Arab states like Egypt, Sudan and Somalia) that's economically close to China. Maybe a Southern African Union containing South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Swaziland, Botswana and maybe even Angola).

Cape Verde also shows a pretty strong interest in joining the EU.
    The terms "United States" and "Union" are already copyrighted to the USA and EU, no other entity is allowed to take it.