Thread: My Elune Theory

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

My Elune Theory

So that magical Azeroth globe in Ulduar had me wondering:

Why depict one of Azeroth's moons as a crescent? What would be the purpose of that? Its a crescent from every angle, and Azeroth and the second moon aren't shown as crescents either. I think that the moon actually IS a crescent. At first I thought we would get a cool story about how part of the moon got obliterated Sonic Adventure 2 style, but then it hit me. Elune, should she actually live on the moon, wouldn't let that happen. But then what if she didn't live on the moon? What if she WAS the moon?

An inorganic crystal-like being that radiates Light, a naaru. Velen had suspected that Elune was a naaru, and Velen knows what he is talking about. I don't think there would be a being so powerful and so similar that he would not know about it. It has to be. But then we learn in Legion that Elune created an Elder naaru near the beginning of the universe. That would make her far more powerful and far older than the naaru, right? Well, not necessarily. Naaru are geometric beings that consist of a single core radiated by smaller crystals. A core with an orbit...much like everything else from atoms to galaxies, everything follows a pattern.

That is what Elune was, an enormous naaru with the core the size and shape of a crescent moon, whose smaller orbiting crystals would one day become prime naaru like Xe'ra. Why do I think this? Well, we learn that naaru somehow reproduce. O'ros is called the last of Xe'ra's line. How would an inorganic being reproduce? By creating a new being from its own self, asexually. In other words, creating life from itself. That would later grow more and more, until the offspring itself was able to reproduce.

Take in infant Naaru like K'ute. Likely born from M'uru as the achievement that rewards him suggests (drinkin from the Sunwell). Born from M'uru who was born from an older naaru, Likely A'dal considering his presence in the Tempest Keep, who was in turn born from naaru tracing all the way back to a prime naaru, siblings of Xe'ra, born directly from the physical incarnation of Light itself, Elune, a naaru nearly the size of a planet. Just like an electron orbiting a nucleus which makes the atoms that form a moon which orbits a planet which orbits a star which orbits a galactic core, everything has a pattern.

Deleted
    Elune is not a Naa'ru. All the Naa'rus have ' in their names.

Elune is most likely a Void Lord who has been controlling the night elves from the start. That's why they ordered them to kill C'thun. Also Kale'thas Sunweaver betrayed Illidan but we never learned why. Was it Archimonde? Or even Lorthermar? My theory is that he talked to Illidan and because Illidan is a night elf part of the Void Lord influence jumped to Kale'thas.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2016-12-24 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    Elune is not a Naa'ru. All the Naa'rus have ' in their names.

Elune is most likely a Void Lord who has been controlling the night elves from the start. That's why they ordered them to kill C'thun. Also Kale'thas Sunweaver betrayed Illidan but we never learned why. Was it Archimonde? Or even Lorthermar? My theory is that he talked to Illidan and because Illidan is a night elf part of the Void Lord influence jumped to Kale'thas.
    stop spreading stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    Also Kale'thas Sunweaver betrayed Illidan but we never learned why. Was it Archimonde? Or even Lorthermar? My theory is that he talked to Illidan and because Illidan is a night elf part of the Void Lord influence jumped to Kale'thas.

All the Naa'rus have ' in their names.
    But Kale'thas was clearly a Naa'ru.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    But Kale'thas was clearly a Naa'ru.
    So is Med'an.

He is quarter human quarter draenei half orc warrior/paladin/priest/druid/shaman/demon hunter of Naaru origins. :V

Deleted
    Maybe they decide to put a ' in their names to honour Elune?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender Kalec View Post
    So is Med'an.

He is quarter human quarter draenei half orc warrior/paladin/priest/druid/shaman/demon hunter of Naaru origins. :V
    No, no, no, no, no. Me'Dan is part Man'ari Eredar since he is part Eredar and part Fel-Tainted Orc. That demon-spawned wretch needs to be sucked into a void and trapped there for all time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest View Post
    No, no, no, no, no. Me'Dan is part Man'ari Eredar since he is part Eredar and part Fel-Tainted Orc. That demon-spawned wretch needs to be sucked into a void and trapped there for all time.
    We need Nozdurmo to go back in time and stop his birth

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedion View Post
    We need Nozdurmo to go back in time and stop his birth
    Too late for that now. We had to use all his goddamn powers to stop Deathwing alongside Captain Thrall and the other Planeteers.

You would think he should have gotten his priorities straight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender Kalec View Post
    Too late for that now. We had to use all his goddamn powers to stop Deathwing alongside Captain Thrall and the other Planeteers.

You would think he should have gotten his priorities straight.
    Maybe he has a spare shoulder pad with some sand in it and color lenses

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest View Post
    man'ari eredar arent just a fel exposed eredar.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Let's get back on topic. Don't feed the troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    So that magical Azeroth globe in Ulduar had me wondering:

Why depict one of Azeroth's moons as a crescent? What would be the purpose of that? Its a crescent from every angle, and Azeroth and the second moon aren't shown as crescents either. I think that the moon actually IS a crescent. At first I thought we would get a cool story about how part of the moon got obliterated Sonic Adventure 2 style, but then it hit me. Elune, should she actually live on the moon, wouldn't let that happen. But then what if she didn't live on the moon? What if she WAS the moon?

An inorganic crystal-like being that radiates Light, a naaru. Velen had suspected that Elune was a naaru, and Velen knows what he is talking about. I don't think there would be a being so powerful and so similar that he would not know about it. It has to be. But then we learn in Legion that Elune created an Elder naaru near the beginning of the universe. That would make her far more powerful and far older than the naaru, right? Well, not necessarily. Naaru are geometric beings that consist of a single core radiated by smaller crystals. A core with an orbit...much like everything else from atoms to galaxies, everything follows a pattern.

That is what Elune was, an enormous naaru with the core the size and shape of a crescent moon, whose smaller orbiting crystals would one day become prime naaru like Xe'ra. Why do I think this? Well, we learn that naaru somehow reproduce. O'ros is called the last of Xe'ra's line. How would an inorganic being reproduce? By creating a new being from its own self, asexually. In other words, creating life from itself. That would later grow more and more, until the offspring itself was able to reproduce.

Take in infant Naaru like K'ute. Likely born from M'uru as the achievement that rewards him suggests (drinkin from the Sunwell). Born from M'uru who was born from an older naaru, Likely A'dal considering his presence in the Tempest Keep, who was in turn born from naaru tracing all the way back to a prime naaru, siblings of Xe'ra, born directly from the physical incarnation of Light itself, Elune, a naaru nearly the size of a planet. Just like an electron orbiting a nucleus which makes the atoms that form a moon which orbits a planet which orbits a star which orbits a galactic core, everything has a pattern.
    I mean... that is a really good theory backed with solid evidence work. Though I thought everyone already believed that Elune was/is the crescent moon orbiting us. I did Forget about the Azeroth globe in Ulduar, which is actually really interesting. Infact, there are a lot of interesting things in and around Ulduar. I also hope we have to travel back to Ulduar for something in the near future.

Nice theory. But in the Ysera's Death cinematic, the lunar eclipse is full, it's not a crescent. (That's assuming it is Elune and not just a "spell effect" caused by her of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryl59 View Post
    Nice theory. But in the Ysera's Death cinematic, the lunar eclipse is full, it's not a crescent. (That's assuming it is Elune and not just a "spell effect" caused by her of course)
    According to the cinematic panel at Blizzcon, it was actually Elune.

elune's an entity that works through the light. she's likely whatever the light equivalent of a voidlord is.

i'd just like to know her connection to the titans. i think azeroth knows of her, and we know tyr used the light. i'd like to know their connection to the light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elune clearly is a Titan orbital defense station, she's like the death star but shoots down moon beams rather than lasers.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeryl59 View Post
    The full side is always facing Azeroth, much like how we only see one side of our own moon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    elune's an entity that works through the light. she's likely whatever the light equivalent of a voidlord is.

i'd just like to know her connection to the titans. i think azeroth knows of her, and we know tyr used the light. i'd like to know their connection to the light.
    Id like to think Elune worked with the Pantheon. She knows the Titan language and seems to share their goals. As you say, Tyr knew of the Light and how to use it, so the Titans have to know of the existence of the naaru at least. Either that or he used the faith out of devotion to his makers or something.

Didn't Chronicle Vol I confirm Elune created the naaru? Maybe my brain is fried from the lore overload I have been rereading lately. Elune is either a Light Lord, twin world-soul that has already awakened, some kind of Titan forged being meant to cultivate or oversee Azeroth, a Titan that never hooked into the Pantheon or something else Blizzard is purposely keeping for further use or so they don't have to create an explanation for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Vercigentorix View Post
    Didn't Chronicle Vol I confirm Elune created the naaru? Maybe my brain is fried from the lore overload I have been rereading lately. Elune is either a Light Lord, twin world-soul that has already awakened, some kind of Titan forged being meant to cultivate or oversee Azeroth, a Titan that never hooked into the Pantheon or something else Blizzard is purposely keeping for further use or so they don't have to create an explanation for.
    "Chronicle Vol. 1" didn't really confirm anything about Elune's nature except that the Night Elves worshiped her from their earliest point. Elune being progenitor of the Naaru is a link that comes from Khadghar, Xe'ra, and the events surrounding the Light's Heart quest-chain. It's not confirmed as much as it's implied that Elune is somehow linked to Xe'ra as family, creator, or ancestor because the Tears of Elune artifact is able to access the sentience matrix contained within Light's Heart (the sentience that belonged to the elder Naaru Xe'ra).

It's a strong theory that Elune is the progenitor of the Naaru in general, but it isn't a confirmed fact just yet insofar as I'm aware.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2016-12-22 at 12:27 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

If Elune created the naaru or the first naaru, my headcanon will be that Elune ultimately created demons as well. Like, maybe she indirectly created demons by creating naaru who can bleed out Light and Void energies when they're in a darkened state or can become unstable and become....errrr...nether naaru.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Warcraft:_O..._manual#Daemon

Denizens of the underworld, these creatures are the most powerful entities to ever exist in the lands of Azeroth. Their aptitude in the arts of deception and combat are only equaled by their sadistic nature, and the puissance they possess in the black arts of magic. They command the searing fires of Hell as if it were their plaything. They are the true lords of chaos, wreaking havoc at every step and destroying what they wish. There is rumored to be a gateway that appears every thirteenth full moon that bridges the gap between Azeroth and the underworld, and it is during these brief moments that the daemons can come to this place. Legend also states that some have the power to summon these creatures and control them, but if this is so, none are alive to tell the tale of how it is accomplished.
    ^Since demons (as of current lore) are astral entities from an astral dimension (the Nether), demonology might very well be astrology or some branch of astrology and as we should all know, astrology can involve Elune if she is a/the moon spirit.

Demonology being astrology or some form of it kinda fits nicely with my headtheory that Ner'zhul and Gul'dan, as they were shaman related to the Shadowmoon clan, were susceptible to Kil'jaeden and his ilk.