Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SofyaOrlena View Post
    Tried, liked, but fps drops there are...
    And dont understand why people hating here something, guy just share what he did for his favorite game I believe, what is wrong here ?
    "Hating" is saying why people don't like it. I've yet to see any "I don't like your face" posts in these threads. Criticism only helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some people are really jerks here... :/

Dequanacus: look at the post above you. No criticism there only insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaclean View Post
    If feedback helps you, it makes your work better. If it's unhelpful, you lose nothing. Don't share your work publicly if you're looking for nice words.

- - - Updated - - -

Criticism does not require overly sensitive articulation. It is not a personal attack. If you're looking for people to coddle you. Don't post your work publicly. I cannot feel sorry for someone who knowingly posts their work for others to judge. You should fully expect this reaction and any responses that you feel are unhelpful do not hinder you in any way.
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

It wasn't an insult. Your "add-on" makes WoW look like it has a shitty HDR filter on it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    If feedback helps you, it makes your work better. If it's unhelpful, you lose nothing. Don't share your work publicly if you're looking for nice words.

Criticism does not require overly sensitive articulation. It is not a personal attack. If you're looking for people to coddle you. Don't post your work publicly.
    I don't agree with how you're seeing things. You can still be respectful about others work while not pampering them. If it's not helpful that's a shame but fair, but there's no need to be rude and I can't believe you (I assume you're a grown man) actually condone this behaviour. That I'm looking for constructive criticism is not an excuse to be rude about my work and no, I don't "fully expect" this behaviour. That's a shitty attitude to have and expect from others.
    Last edited by Nokonda; 2016-12-22 at 08:18 AM.

I don't agree with how you're seeing things. You can still be respectful about others work and not pamper them. If it's not helpful that's a shame but fair, but there's no need to be rude and I can't believe you (I assume you're a grown man) actually condone this behaviour.
    I'm being realistic. You're speaking about a fantasy you have while I'm being purely logical.
    It is a fact that you can gain insight from good criticism
    It is a fact that you lose nothing from bad criticism (posts won't hurt you)

therefore, you have no reason to complain.

As for condoning this behavior, you have no control over it. You are putting your work out to being judged by others. You do not choose what they are and are not allowed to say. You have to expect anything from them. It is immature to react in such a way after making the conscious decision to open up your work to be judged by others. People can say what they want.
    Enjoy.

Deleted
    I know you don't, but I can't find anywhere in the ToS where it says it's illegal to inject DLLs to alter the things reshade does. I can only find the above mentioned quote where they mention that altering any existing game files is an offense.
    Their TOS doesn't specify techniques, instead they use broad, overarching terms like this:
    http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company...rmination.html

"Any behaviour that endangers the gaming experience of other players." or "Using any third-party software that intercepts, “mines”, or otherwise collects information from or through any Games." or "any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with the Battle.net client, Battle.net, a Game and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay."

Now, those won't exactly match "applying some post-processing shaders" - but some of their checking is automated through Warden, so I really don't want to get caught "using a similar technique" (in this case directx injected dll).

For all ends and purposed, things might be just fine and dandy with Reshader. But it's just a risk I'm not willing to endorse anyone taking.

That's a shitty attitude to have and expect from others.
    This is an open forum, not a safe space. Why do you expect people to conform to what you want to see?
    Enjoy.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm being realistic. You're speaking about a fantasy you have while I'm being purely logical.
    It is a fact that you can gain insight from good criticism
    It is a fact that you lose nothing from bad criticism (posts won't hurt you)

therefore, you have no reason to complain.

As for condoning this behavior, you have no control over it. You are putting your work out to being judged by others. You do not choose what they are and are not allowed to say. You have to expect anything from them. It is immature to react in such a way after making the conscious decision to open up your work to be judged by others. People can say what they want.
    I have no control over it but I trust people know how to conduct themselves in a fair and respectful manner on these forums (criticism or not) but I see that's really too much to ask from some people. By your logic the people that criticise me should expect some guarded angry response in return but instead I respectfully thank them for pointing out their criticism and that I respect how they see it. This is how it's done. By keeping the tone. Not by "expecting anything" from people. That is a very shoddy attitude to have.

10+ Year Old Account
    i hate this style. i will never install it.
    Hi

I have no control over it but I trust people know how to conduct themselves in a fair and respectful manner on these forums (criticism or not) but I see that's really too much to ask from some people. By your logic the people that criticise me should expect some guarded angry response in return but instead I respectfully thank them for pointing out their criticism and that I respect how they see it. This is how it's done. By keeping the tone. Not by "expecting anything" from people. That is a very shoddy attitude to have.
    It is a fact that you decided to open your work to being judged
    It is a fact that people are, for the most part, free to respond as they choose

therefore, it makes absolutely no sense for you to complain about the responses you get.
    People can respond in any way they wish. This is the real world. I'm not speaking about some idyllic
    community. I'm acknowledging the situation you put your self in and the lack of self awareness on your part
    that led to you claiming you "didn't expect" a certain response

To expect a uniform attitude already admits to ignorance on your part.
    Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by normiegonnanorm View Post
    Azeroth?? I thought we are in Legion
    You ever play Zelda?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah ... i actually like this effect
    cheers for the work put into this
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

By your logic the people that criticise me should expect some guarded angry response in return
    I directly stated that one should not react at all to the attitude of criticisms as they are either helpful or they are not. The person behind them does not matter. I'm unsure why you're making such a claim when you have more than one posts of mine that claim
    "you lose nothing from bad criticism".

It's not a complex concept. You have no way of knowing the demeanor of those who will give you feedback, and their demeanor will not affect you in anyway. Therefore you have no reason to, and should not, react in anyway to how people respond.

If you are asking for opinions on a public forum, you are consenting to the responses you will get. It is meaningless to complain about them not being to your liking.
    Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem:

It saps the color out.

I get that you want deeper contrast between lights and darks, but you're doing that "mid 2000's" thing where they confuse upped contrast and grit for appealing/better graphics.

Don't sacrifice the color saturation for increased value range.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

How is this working?

If the actual WoW Data gets changed you can get permabanned though by using this (and blizz does have an automatic system which can recognize that; even for cosmetic things)!

Back to topic: It does look great though. Honestly, I wish it was like that by default

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a fact that you decided to open your work to being judged
    It is a fact that people are, for the most part, free to respond as they choose

therefore, it makes absolutely no sense for you to complain about the responses you get.
    People can respond in any way they wish. This is the real world. I'm not speaking about some idyllic
    community. I'm acknowledging the situation you put your self in and the lack of self awareness on your part
    that led to you claiming you "didn't expect" a certain response

To expect a uniform attitude already admits to ignorance on your part.
    The internet is the toilet of this day and age. He asked for feedback. He didn't put this up to get shit on by people who don't like it.
    Maybe it's me getting old ... but people act like dicks on the internet every now and then which is expected. But i do worry when people are thinking that is normal behaviour.

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/219437
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

I know you don't, but I can't find anywhere in the ToS where it says it's illegal to inject DLLs to alter the things reshade does. I can only find the above mentioned quote where they mention that altering any existing game files is an offense.
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html

"
    2. [...] You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:

A. use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the World of Warcraft experience;

[...]

C. use any unauthorized third-party software that intercepts, “mines,” or otherwise collects information from or through the Game or the Service, including without limitation any software that reads areas of RAM used by the Game to store information about a character or the game environment; provided, however, that Blizzard may, at its sole and absolute discretion, allow the use of certain third party user interfaces;
    "

The addon modifies experience and intercepts information (pixels are information). Thus it has to be authorized to use. Is it authorized? No, not expressly. It is merely tolerated. You can be banned for using it easily (and there were addons like that used in PVP before - even in WotLK).

PS: The first hit on google immediately reveals a thread on D3 loot alert addon (what it was doing was merely "hey! some mob dropped a legendary! don't drive past, look at your screen and pick it up", no modifications whatsoever)

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/7004691319

The position is that you are on your own. Translation: you can totally get banned, it's at the discretion of whoever will look into your case, what you are doing is not supported, not protected, not anything. In practice that ends with "is software from Blizzard? no? ban". You manage to attract attention (ie, by turning up in scan for one of the ban waves for bots), gg.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-12-22 at 08:55 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I directly stated that one should not react at all to the attitude of criticisms as they are either helpful or they are not. The person behind them does not matter. I'm unsure why you're making such a claim when you have more than one posts of mine that claim
    "you lose nothing from bad criticism".

It's not a complex concept. You have no way of knowing the demeanor of those who will give you feedback, and their demeanor will not affect you in anyway. Therefore you have no reason to, and should not, react in anyway to how people respond.

If you are asking for opinions on a public forum, you are consenting to the responses you will get. It is meaningless to complain about them not being to your liking.
    That you say I "lose nothing" from bad criticism does not make it a fact. It's frustrating to shuffle through when I specifically asked for constructive criticism. Your entire point would be valid if I dismissed any and all criticism which I don't. I just ask people to be respectful which really shouldn't be necessary to ask in the first place from adults. And the fact that you're calling me ignorant over this and condoning their behaviour really makes you no better. I won't waste any more time arguing this with you, because we will not reach an agreement. We simply see things differently no matter how much you state "facts" and are being "rational" by essentially saying "you better take any shit people throw at you regardless of what you requested."

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    The internet is the toilet of this day and age. He asked for feedback. He didn't put this up to get shit on by people who don't like it.
    He put it up knowing that anyone could respond to it in any way they like. He can either go out of his way to get offended (which is meaningless), or grow thicker skin and focus on extracting helpful feedback.

That's my point. He knew anyone could reply to this thread. At that point, he has no foundation to complain about getting certain responses. It's purely wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    but people act like dicks on the internet every now and then which is expected.
    Unhelpful criticism is not exclusive to the internet. If you put your work out, people will judge it, helpfully or otherwise. You react to the criticism, not the person giving the criticism.

- - - Updated - - -

Your entire point would be valid if I dismissed any and all criticism which I don't.
    I specifically said you should not do that. I said you take into consideration the criticism and not the attitude it was delivered on. If the criticism is helpful, you benefit. If it not you lose nothing. To complain about the demeanor is meaningless as you have no control over it.

I'm unsure why you're reforming my argument into something I never made a claim to, but you should re read my posts if you're going to make such definite accusations. Especially when they are blatantly opposite to my own claims.

by essentially saying "you better take any shit people throw at you regardless of what you requested."
    You have made no effort to acknowledge the point that you made the decision to ask for opinions on a public forum. One in which people are free to respond as they wish. I have repeatedly made clear that you had no way of knowing the responses you would get in the first place but you don't seem to fully comprehend, or at least, you have not acknowledged the meaning of that.

You do not have any control over what people wish to say. You (should have) had that knowledge when you made this thread. What grounds do you have to complain? You're arguing with that question. Not me personally. You have made no effort to argue, or acknowledge that point.
    Enjoy.