Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Steam is doing some kind of midweek madness sale. Just Cause 3 if $14.99, among other deals. So tempted even though I wasn't the biggest fan of Just Cause 2.
    It's good fun, but if you weren't a fan of the second game you probably won't enjoy this one too much. It's largely more of the same, though with a bigger budget, more explosions, and better looking.

Booo for the DLC not being on sale though : (

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's good fun, but if you weren't a fan of the second game you probably won't enjoy this one too much. It's largely more of the same, though with a bigger budget, more explosions, and better looking.

Booo for the DLC not being on sale though : (
    I guess my main problem with it was the lack of a story. I did enjoy messing around and blowing things up for a bit, but without a story to keep me interested, I gave up pretty quick. I mean, there is a plot but I didn't really like the mechanic of needing to cause a certain amount of chaos before you could play the next story mission.

It looks like the DLC is not on sale itself, but for people like me who do not own the game, there is a pack that includes the game and the DLC for about $22.

It's more fun than the second - unlimited planted explosives and the wingsuit alone make it well worthwhile.

Gamergate is having their Christmas sale, lots of deals.

https://www.gamersgate.com/offers

10+ Year Old Account
    Humble Bundle sale going on. Rogue Legacy is like $3.75. Probably the best Steam game I've played. Get it.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2016-12-15 at 10:32 PM.

Deleted
    Gauntlet: Slayer edition is a good game.

Sort of fast paced, not quite Magicka fast, but close. Has daily challenges too (online only).
    Never seen the Necromancer DLC on sale though

10+ Year Old Account
    So I broke down and went ahead and picked up the XL version of Just Cause 3 and I am enjoying it far more than I did 2. Little things like the wing suit, the ability to retract tethers, and unlimited placeable bombs just make it more fun. I also feel like ammo is far more abundant. I always felt like I was running out of ammo in 2. I did also accidentally run the DPC mission that starts the Sky Fortress missions and got the powered flight suit. I know I could turn it off but its just too much damn fun and really only makes it easier to get around the map.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bundlestars isn't big on their store, but their winter sale started https://www.bundlestars.com/en?utm_s...eid=4f7d3dc646

10+ Year Old Account
    I just moved, and will be broke for a while...I get the feeling I'm going to miss some damned good sales >.> The good ones never happen when I actually have money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Bundlestars isn't big on their store, but their winter sale started https://www.bundlestars.com/en?utm_s...eid=4f7d3dc646
    Snagged Mad Max and Valkyria Chronicles Remastered for less than $9 together. Not too shabby. Thinking of picking up Vermintide. I have heard pretty good things about it but it is multiplayer and online only... Usually I stay away from those kinds of games since you have to rely on there being an existing player base to keep playing it.

Christmas sale on steam starts Dec 22nd.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Tomorrow morning I wake up and the winter sale will have started and I should start seeking stuff, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Tomorrow morning I wake up and the winter sale will have started and I should start seeking stuff, right?
    That depends on when you wake up, of course. Deals should start at 10 AM, PST (although it may be a good idea to wait 30 minutes, because the servers are always slammed the first 30 or so minutes). I can't say for certain, but I *assume* the "timed" deals are done for good - the price you see tomorrow will be the lowest you'll see during the entirety of the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    That depends on when you wake up, of course. Deals should start at 10 AM, PST (although it may be a good idea to wait 30 minutes, because the servers are always slammed the first 30 or so minutes). I can't say for certain, but I *assume* the "timed" deals are done for good - the price you see tomorrow will be the lowest you'll see during the entirety of the sale.
    Sorta. The proper timed deals are indeed gone, but it seems like specific developers are allowed to trigger "bonus" deals partway through the sale or reducing how much the sale was or something. I remember folks discussing that last sale and could swear I remember seeing it too, but it could be my sleep deprived brain making shit up again -_-

but it seems like specific developers are allowed to trigger "bonus" deals partway through the sale or reducing how much the sale was or something. I remember folks discussing that last sale and could swear I remember seeing it too, but it could be my sleep deprived brain making shit up again -_-
    I mean, I believe you, but... that doesn't make much sense to me, considering that we have access to refunds and such now. That just seems like Steam is opening itself up to unnecessary hassle for little to no gain... unless people don't know that they can use the refund process to save themselves some money.

Sorta. The proper timed deals are indeed gone, but it seems like specific developers are allowed to trigger "bonus" deals partway through the sale or reducing how much the sale was or something. I remember folks discussing that last sale and could swear I remember seeing it too, but it could be my sleep deprived brain making shit up again -_-
    I'm not sure if it was the last Summer sale or the Winter sale from 2015 but it 100% was a thing. One of the developers that did it was Ubisoft with Watch Dogs which wasn't on sale at all till half way through.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    True, servers will be getting slaughtered, but the early bird may also catch any of the "whoops, we put the game for 99% off" bugs

Well, i say i already bought everything i wanted this Christmas already, few hours before the Steam Sale.

Doom 4 and Metal Gear Solid V TPP from GmG and Enter the Gungeon from GameBillet. At this point Steam has really to step up on discounts, because i'm the kind of guy that will pay even 1€ less on a game.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

I'm hoping for a good price on Witcher 3 when I get on later. New GPU is just waiting anxiously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I'm hoping for a good price on Witcher 3 when I get on later. New GPU is just waiting anxiously.
    £20.99 (GOTY edition) was lowest price on GOG, be surprised if goes any lower for a while, but one can hope