Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Oh God, here we go again. I blame public schools for such illiteracy.
    Fixed that for you.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    Aren't the old gos like well not much of a big deal if you just came back from kicking the living daylights out of the ultimate bad boy Sargeras, yeah sure they are big, bad, evil yada yada but come on we are coming back from a Muhamad Ali vs George Foreman rumble in the jungle style fight to well a pillow fight or am I missing something here because as far as I know Sargeras is the ultimate bad boy of WoW and he is coming this expac.
    Spoilers Obviously.

Even Sargeras is afraid of what the creators of Old Gods are capable of. That is why he wants Azeroth destroyed. An Azeroth(nascent titan) corrupted by old Gods can bring about the end of existence. I think characters in WoWverse are going to find out all this info by end of Legion. By which time, the Void Lords would have made their move.

Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    Aren't the old gos like well not much of a big deal if you just came back from kicking the living daylights out of the ultimate bad boy Sargeras, yeah sure they are big, bad, evil yada yada but come on we are coming back from a Muhamad Ali vs George Foreman rumble in the jungle style fight to well a pillow fight or am I missing something here because as far as I know Sargeras is the ultimate bad boy of WoW and he is coming this expac.
    we went from Deathwing to weak mogu, sha, trolls, and mogu.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    All of the Old Gods are still alive in some shape or another and can be brought back at the forefront of the plot at any moment, with the exception of Y'shaarj... and that's because he was killed by a Titan.

They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle.

Even if we came to the point where we could defeat a Titan we still might not be able to kill an Old God, unless we somehow enslave or befriend a Titan and get them to land the killing blow.
    they are all dead.
    also that came from a minion talking out his ass.

it has been stated multiple times they are dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by avahle View Post
    Spoilers Obviously.

Even Sargeras is afraid of what the creators of Old Gods are capable of. That is why he wants Azeroth destroyed. An Azeroth(nascent titan) corrupted by old Gods can bring about the end of existence. I think characters in WoWverse are going to find out all this info by end of Legion. By which time, the Void Lords would have made their move.
    Sargeras doesnt want to kill Azeroth anymore. As of Wota he wants to bang and corrupt her himself.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    All paths lead to Eldrich horrors.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I'm of the opinion that each release hints at what's coming two expansions later:

Vanilla ended in Naxxramas. 3.0 sent us after the Lich King.
    In TBC we met Sinestra and learned that Deathwing lived. 4.0 saw him try to destroy Azeroth.
    In Wrath (maybe the biggest stretch) we saw Garrosh and Varian push the Horde and Alliance into open war, and also go the Pandaren Monk companion pet. 5.0 sent us to Pandaria for a full-on war.
    In Cataclysm, Warchief Garrosh push for "old ways" in the Horde, and showed his dislike of the other races he was supposed to be leading. 6.0 saw him unleash an orcish army against both factions.
    In Pandaria, Wrathion warned us of an impending Legion invasion, which brings us to today.

Following Wrathion's warning, Warlords did a lot more setup for a demon invasion.

In WoD, there's an open story thread from where Cho'gall attacks Highmaul, referring to a vague Master. It seems he was serving the void lords. Now in Legion, we have the Nightmare rising, and threats of something worse.

Seems plausible that there is a new Old God/Void expansion coming in 2018.

Eldritch horror
    Ultimate evil
    Void (Bulk Up) Lords
    Last edited by olddog; 2016-12-22 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    they are all dead.
    also that came from a minion talking out his ass.

it has been stated multiple times they are dead.
    Thank god that we have MMOC forum user #239211 to conjure statements out of thin air and headretcon WOTLK lore.

Deleted
    This belongs into the lore section tbh.

I also have a feeling that the old gods aren't entirely dead. I mean, we killed the SURFACE of an old god. For whoever reads about lore, Y'Shaarj was pulled out of Azeroth, leaving behind a huge crater, later known as Well of Eternity and after that known as Maelstrom. THAT's what it takes to kill an old god entirely.

Wait. Did I say entirely? Oh yeah, as deathrattle, Y'Shaarj spread a huge wave of Sha all across Pandaria. Yet, the heart of Y'Shaarj is still alive and pumping, being able to corrupt creatures, even if by own choice (Garrosh), in its absence.

And you think throwing a few firebolts and poking it with swords is gonna kill it? Get real. It doesn't need much imagination to believe that they aren't entirely dead. Blizzard is smarter than that and they are known to bring back the dead in one way or another. I mean, noone knew that demons can only be killed entirely in the Twisting Nether or heavy fel infused region until a short while ago. Before we knew that, Archimonde was "dead", Mannoroth was "dead". Even Lord Jaraxxus is not dead, now that we know that.

What I'm saying is: Where Demons have the Twisting Nether, Old Gods (and other manifestations of the Void) might have Ny'Alotha to regain strength or something.

Please don't spread stupid headretcon of something that hasn't been confirmed.
    Last edited by mmocf989bb3918; 2016-12-22 at 09:23 AM.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    return of AQ
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    Probably been sad before ...considering posting about in wow is like poor Butter in South Park... "Simpson did it"....but now its been my upteen time doing EN i finally noticed ...

So...who else is thinking that is the next xpac right there....here is me hoping a whole world revamp including northrend and pandria ...with scaling..making all off azeroth end game content...increase faction conflict as we "catch out breath", first teir being faction war related....then.."the dark armies rise up from the depths" and bugger the rest of the xpac up...with multiple teirs of fighting old god stuff.

^ would be epic.
    Obviously N'zoth and Queen Azshara.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Probably been sad before ...considering posting about in wow is like poor Butter in South Park... "Simpson did it"....but now its been my upteen time doing EN i finally noticed ...

So...who else is thinking that is the next xpac right there....here is me hoping a whole world revamp including northrend and pandria ...with scaling..making all off azeroth end game content...increase faction conflict as we "catch out breath", first teir being faction war related....then.."the dark armies rise up from the depths" and bugger the rest of the xpac up...with multiple teirs of fighting old god stuff.

^ would be epic.
    Arthas will return and slave the Naga and blood elves. Forming the third faction called Scourge.
    They take over undercity and kill sylvanas. Once sylvanas is dead. Horde will be in chaos.
    Voljin and Sylvanas will travel from alternative timeline and take over the Horde but at the same time they're their eviltwins and they start war agains Alliance and allie with Arthas.

Alliance is being destroyed till deathwing is ressurected by some dude and wipes Scourge back to northrend and Alliance starts their comeback and pushes horde back to orgrimmar. Alliance wins the war and deathwing becomes gay.

20 years passes and The Horde is now slaves of Alliance. Then there comes all mighty Thrall who escapes from jail and starts liberating horde members one by one.
    Soon dark portal to third draenor opens and brings fel orcs and more orcs so many orcs that The Horde is ressurected.

Oh well this is getting too booring. So ill just end up this story

THE END WOW DIES. All of us die

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    All paths lead to Eldrich horrors.
    Yes, please! Lovecraftian influence is one of the things that I like in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The Old Gods aren't dead and I'm pretty sure a force can overwhelm Ulduar all of a sudden.
    Odyn leaving for Ulduar after Helya is dead might be a breadcrumb in that direction.

Leeroy Jenkins returns

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    They won't repeat the same mistake of wasting ressources on old content again.

It is not the same. Its not a revamp of a low level zone...its a revamp of all zones for end game content..SCALING...key word is SCALING....broken isle tech on the whole world. All zones become end game content...not levelling content.

Then add Surmar type quest to certain zones as the "dark armies rise".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    .. though forced level scaling needs to die
    best thing that was added to the game...levelling itself is a antiquity and we need a new way to progress characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    They definitely won't Kappa
    No..revamping a level 10-20 zone will not occur ...was a total waste...but revamping a level 10-20 zone WITH SCALING..so you can do it at 10-20 or 110-120...and then every zone in the world becomes end game content...now that they NEED to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    The old gods are dead. Its been stated so many times.

Has it? They have been imprison....defeated....Azeroth is a baby titan and the titans could not remove the old gods without killing/destroy Azeroth....so Azeroth still exist therefore the old gods do?

Is "Dark Armies" = "old gods"? Or are people making that assumption...could it be something else?
    Last edited by Banard; 2016-12-22 at 01:59 PM.

100% Old Gods related.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    I'm of the opinion that each release hints at what's coming two expansions later:

Vanilla ended in Naxxramas. 3.0 sent us after the Lich King.
    In TBC we met Sinestra and learned that Deathwing lived. 4.0 saw him try to destroy Azeroth.
    In Wrath (maybe the biggest stretch) we saw Garrosh and Varian push the Horde and Alliance into open war, and also go the Pandaren Monk companion pet. 5.0 sent us to Pandaria for a full-on war.
    In Cataclysm, Warchief Garrosh push for "old ways" in the Horde, and showed his dislike of the other races he was supposed to be leading. 6.0 saw him unleash an orcish army against both factions.
    In Pandaria, Wrathion warned us of an impending Legion invasion, which brings us to today.

Following Wrathion's warning, Warlords did a lot more setup for a demon invasion.

In WoD, there's an open story thread from where Cho'gall attacks Highmaul, referring to a vague Master. It seems he was serving the void lords. Now in Legion, we have the Nightmare rising, and threats of something worse.

Seems plausible that there is a new Old God/Void expansion coming in 2018.

/puts on tinfol hat.....i like yar way of thinking. But Cho'gall...time travel/alternative universe....ends up being part of the twilight cult which is all about the old gods...is this a reference maybe to his part he plays in cata and BWD?
    Last edited by Banard; 2016-12-22 at 02:01 PM.

Deleted
    Yes yes, we got it. People must be dumb not to see the next one is Old God expansion.

But what then after? I don't see any Naga expansion(unless the next expansions is about the Naga and the only Old God left).

I guess we will have another Burning Legion expansion to kill Sargeras?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Current open story plots:
    -Odyn
    -Illidan
    -Bolvar
    -N'zoth
    -Queen Azshara
    -Argus and Kil'jaeden+Legion
    -Sargeras
    -The Void
    -Worldsoul Azeroth
    -Sylvanas/Helya/Valkyr
    -Pillars of Creation
    -Khadgar

Current unknown/unfinished (side) storylines with no clear directions:
    - Zandalari trolls
    - Kul Tiras
    - Twilights hammer Drogbar (in a cave near Darkbrul arena/highmountain), not sure if they are related to the old deathwing armor plating or a future plot.

best thing that was added to the game...levelling itself is a antiquity and we need a new way to progress characters.
    for you maybe... (and others) but for folks like myself its the worst thing ever. it lessens the feeling of character power progression, and it makes leveling mute. Before this leveling had purpose and reason. I dont know why we leveled to 110 it was pointless, which is sad. If it wasn't for my investment and addiction to wow i would have unsubbed over it.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22