10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Pokemon Stars rumor is that it's also a 3DS game hombre, not an exclusive gen either as it's still part of sun/moon. So yes, lets take those rumors into account and what exactly have they debunked?

The 3DS sold 60 in 5.5 years. Before a Pokemon game even launched on the platform it was over 35 mil, which means it sold more units prior to a Pokemon launch then after it.

Logic though. Pokemon sells a lot of games, that's not going to make hardware a success. Mario Kart and Smash sells a lot of games, didn't guarantee the Wii U success.

Sorry but saying "it's gonna sell well cause of Pokemon!" is not using evidence or logic in any way shape or form. You need multiple reasons for consumers to buy your product and Nintendo has the issue of a lot of their games attracting the same demographic and not a wide variety of different ones.

What do I expect it to sell? More then the Wii U but less the 3DS and continues Nintendo's market loss in the hardware market. It's not selling 20 mil in 2 years though. They'll be lucky to reach 15 in that time span when the majority of their library is looking like Wii U and 3DS ports.
    I feel like you think that I'm saying something that I'm not. I'm not saying the Switch will be a success. It is FAR too early to say that. I am saying that it is posed to have a strong launch. Also comparing X and Y to Sun and Moon is not an apt comparison considering Sun and Moon sold 80% faster than X and Y at launch. Also after Pokemon Go 3DS sales increased by 80% over previous months. So Pokemon alone created a surge in sales of the 3DS. A handheld that is basically dead. I don't think it will have much trouble assisting Switch sales when people know that they are investing in a console that will last them years.

Also the Wii U was plagued with severe marketing issues that they never managed to recover from. The Switch's marketing strategy so far seems to be going well. BTW all the sources I've seen say nothing about Stars coming to the Nintendo 3DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Pokemon Stars rumor is that it's also a 3DS game hombre.
    where is this stated? its the 3rd version of sun and moon, nowhere in any of the rumours does it say its coming to 3ds as well
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive heard nothing of Stars coming to the 3DS.

The Pokemon Stars rumor never mentioned a 3DS version, but there could be one if GameFreak wanted specifically to make more money.

But that would depend on how much they would have to remove from the Switch version to even put it on the 3DS. If you take too much, its not a third version anymore.

And remember, the 3DS, both the original and new 3DS, but especially the original, have some major issues when running Sun and Moon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    But it's not going to replace the 3DS if it's not successful, and if it's not successful it isn't going to get the third party support, and if it doesn't get the third party support it's not going to be successful.
    I really think its Nintendos next handheld and home console in one. I think devs know this. No one will or can say anything though. When Todd Howard says it was the most impressive tech demo hes seen I'll believe it. Didn't he hate on the WiiU?

Also, I wonder if Blizzard will bring Diablo 3 or Overwatch to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I think the 3ds has another 1-2 years of active development and games going into it as people finish titles for it, and then everyone will be working on Switch instead.

Ive been thinking. What if the joy cons are the switches version of new 3ds face plates. They've sold a fuck ton of those in japan. Obviously more expensive since they're essentially better Wii notes with more buttons but it's still be great to have a bunch of stylized ones. I'm sure 3rd parties will if nintendont
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

It is looking like the Switch will be very easy to port to, regardless of issues with the GPU. Here's a couple:

https://www.destructoid.com/pachter-...--407137.phtml
    Analyst Michael Patcher heard from his dev sources the Switch is easy to develop for.

https://twitter.com/idSoftwareTiago/...93040538136580
    Comments by id Lead Renderer Programmer Tiago Sousa
    https://twitter.com/gamasutra/status/810983354061328384 … Smart choice ! N Apis x N platforms is a waste of time - Vulkan is the way to go <3

10+ Year Old Account
    One said it's easy to 'develop' for, The last one isn't saying it's easy to port to either, just Vulcan being a good choice.

I'm not saying it isn't easy to port to but those links don't support that.

Also Pachters a terribly 'analyst'.

To the people complaining and ascertaining, without even attempting to research, that the Switch will be weaker than the Wii-U while undocked(mobile) are wrong. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-spec-analysis

Eurogamer's digital foundry has an exceptional record -- basically flawless when it comes to their reviews and finds on tech.

Enjoy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrin View Post
    To the people complaining and ascertaining, without even attempting to research, that the Switch will be weaker than the Wii-U while undocked(mobile) are wrong. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-spec-analysis

Eurogamer's digital foundry has an exceptional record -- basically flawless when it comes to their reviews and finds on tech.

Enjoy!
    Ive said from the beginning of that leak that Its much stronger than the WiiU. Around 3 times stronger in fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrin View Post

Enjoy!
    Thanks for linking a 4 day old article we've already discussed to death...I don't think many people said it would be weaker than the wii u.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Ive said from the beginning of that leak that Its much stronger than the WiiU. Around 3 times stronger in fact.
    Why are you bragging about being wrong? 3x stronger...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Thanks for linking a 4 day old article we've already discussed to death...I don't think many people said it would be weaker than the wii u.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you bragging about being wrong? 3x stronger...
    The WiiU has around 360 gigaflops. The Switch has a rumored 1 teraflop. Thats very close to 3 times. At least in docked mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    The WiiU has around 360 gigaflops. The Switch has a rumored 1 teraflop. Thats very close to 3 times. At least in docked mode.
    He was talking about undocked, nobody thought it would be weaker than a Wii u docked, that would be absurd because the wii u is so weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    He was talking about undocked, nobody thought it would be weaker than a Wii u docked, that would be absurd because the wii u is so weak.
    Its still more powerful than a WiiU docked I believe. Or at least on Par.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its still more powerful than a WiiU docked I believe. Or at least on Par.
    Yes, it will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    We actually don't know that and the 1TFlop is actually quoted for the Tegra X1 at FP16 (half precision) which is a hell of a lot different than the measured FP32 which is the actual used FLOP calculation which for X1 is actually 512GFLOP or less. 1 CC for Maxwell on mobile can use 2x 16FP per core of 1x32FP per core. It's very very specific and really FLOP rating needs those specifics if you want anything behind it. Not all FLOPs are the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    We actually don't know that and the 1TFlop is actually quoted for the Tegra X1 at FP16 (half precision) which is a hell of a lot different than the measured FP32 which is the actual used FLOP calculation which for X1 is actually 512GFLOP or less. 1 CC for Maxwell on mobile can use 2x 16FP per core of 1x32FP per core. It's very very specific and really FLOP rating needs those specifics if you want anything behind it. Not all FLOPs are the same.
    Either way, im pretty optimistic after seeing the Unreal 4 "rumor"

Either way, im pretty optimistic after seeing the Unreal 4 "rumor"
    Unreal 4 running on Switch doesn't really mean anything when it comes to the consoles potential power, it runs on mobile devices already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Unreal 4 running on Switch doesn't really mean anything when it comes to the consoles potential power, it runs on mobile devices already.
    Yes, but it was running on the full Unreal 4, not the mobile version.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's indicative of nothing. Just cause it can run an engine doesn't mean anything.