Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    And you need to come here and make topic about some whisper you
    I get like 10 W`s weekly about that but no one kick me from the group or anything like that I just ignore these persons

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post

Same difference with personal loot. Blizz ( the "law" in this game) doesn't make me give it to them, so I don't.
    You only do things that are legally required? You trust your government/administrative entity (Blizzard) enough to let their rules dictate the minimum amount of respect that you have in your daily life?

Please don't reproduce.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

If you care about the community, ask if anyone wants the upgrade, if you dont care, then dont make posts about about someone from a raid you probably wont recognize the next time you see them.

Do you really care that somebody called you a noob so much to make a post about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killeer View Post
    HI

I was in LFR last week, i do it on all my 3 toons for runes however i also do it for enchanting mats on my enchanter.

So in LFR last week some 835 ilvl chest dropped so of course i turn it into a shard - 1 closer to making a neck enchant for myself.

I get a whisper asking if i want that item to which i responded i have sharded it m8, then i was asked why i sharded my own personal loot to which i responded i am an enchanter and need the mats. then according to this dude that wanted MY loot i am a noob.

in future should i when on my enchanter not loot the bosses or just ignore these beggars?
    I had this happen once my response:

"Kiddo, do you need one of my tampons to soak up those tears or are you still so attached to the teat mommy has to do it for you cuz you haven't grown up yet?"

I made sure to block him too, just cuz I didn't wanna tear down the kid further when he took the opportunity to express more stupidity. I've hated lfr since it came out, yes I was there and no, its not improved. I'm usually in a foul enough mood from certain kinds of people that I'm not in the mood to deal with one more.

Quote Originally Posted by xero5141 View Post
    Then you're the problem. No point trying to explain things to you, or anyone who shares that viewpoint.
    Nope, it's the sense of entitlement from jackasses that you'll never see again. It's not hard to get 835 loot, no one NEEDS these items.

None of those things are legally required. Mom and Dad made me do all of that stuff. Then came my 18th birthday, and I stopped (unless it's socially useful in a particular instance that I need someone's goodwill).
    I thought I made it pretty clear that having manners is not a requirement as a human being. With that said, by most peoples standards that makes you a pretty shitty human being to not have them. As in the most basic types of manners human beings possess, the ability to say please, or thank you, or hold the door for someone.

If you seriously made a conscious decision to not do these things when you "turned 18" because your parents "made you" I can only imagine what is wrong with your wiring.

But hey, you are right, you are not doing anything illegal. Let us know how life pans out. lmao
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-12-23 at 07:05 AM.

Nice, name-calling because I won't blindly accept unwritten rules.

Pro-tip: Unless it's written (legally speaking), it ain't a rule.
    well what he written doesnt really deserve infraction since what you described are clear symptoms indicating very oportunistic person / borderline sociopath

people have often wrong conseption who a sociopath is - its not always a person runing around with hatchet and murdering people -very often people with borderline sociopath psych end up in army /spec ops / corporation because they are extremly effective in what they do - they dont hesitate to do whatever brings best options - what you described is exacly that .

many selfish people in game only do what brings you biggest gains in game - and they treat any social interaction as buisness transaction not as just spending time together. this is very big problem in current societies - kids are raised as oportunistic types with very low social skills. and wow is perfeckly showing it and where it leads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Nope, it's the sense of entitlement from jackasses that you'll never see again. It's not hard to get 835 loot, no one NEEDS these items.
    i recently dinged my rogue to 110 - its 816 atm - i very much do need those items and one day you may ding you alts too - wouldnt it feel nice to you if random stranger helped you in some way ? i bet it would.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiandra View Post
    I had this happen once my response:

"Kiddo, do you need one of my tampons to soak up those tears or are you still so attached to the teat mommy has to do it for you cuz you haven't grown up yet?"

I made sure to block him too, just cuz I didn't wanna tear down the kid further when he took the opportunity to express more stupidity. I've hated lfr since it came out, yes I was there and no, its not improved. I'm usually in a foul enough mood from certain kinds of people that I'm not in the mood to deal with one more.
    because simple - " no i need that " wouldnt be enough ?

so many perfect signs why people leave game because they cant stand toxic players

we need player behaviour evaluation system like in FF 14 and we need it fast , really fast ,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Do you really care that somebody called you a noob so much to make a post about it?
    its very common for people with low self esteem and 0 real life achievments - if someone has 0 confidence in himself , any insult can trigger such person very fast
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-12-23 at 07:38 AM.

Deleted
    Did you at least offer him the shard instead? :O

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i recently dinged my rogue to 110 - its 816 atm - i very much do need those items and one day you may ding you alts too - wouldnt it feel nice to you if random stranger helped you in some way ? i bet it would.
    I currently have 4 characters on level 110, soon 5th one will join them. I have never asked others for gear. In spite of that, all of them are over 850 ilevel.

Obviously it's nice when people offer you gear they don't need.

But from the start I don't expect them willing to trade, nor I ask them to trade it. As I said before, I speak up only if they ask in chat if anyone needs the item. Even if said item was a huge upgrade for me.

It's not hard getting gear in this expansion.

Dungeon world quests. Broken Isles world quests. Regular mythic 5-mans. Mythic+ 5-mans. Raid Finder. Normal raids. Heroic raids. Crafting.
    If you're not lazy, you will get geared to reasonable levels pretty fast.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    I
    It's not hard getting gear in this expansion.
    i never said it was - i got 4 alts to 862-864 mostly by doin wqs and world bosses.but most of initial gearing i did in timewlaking which has no itlv restriction and offers you loads of 830-835 pieces - most of which i politely asked people for and i havent met even a single person who wouldnt share that loot . the fact is that any new geared alt needs that gear to speed up the process and its nice social behaviour to help each other - thats how community is build.

and im sorry but the argument of "i need crystals " is complete joke since class hall gives you 1500-3000 gold which gives you 5-10 shards per day all you need to do is complete 1 daily for resources to send mission which takes what 3-4 minutes - in cmaprision to lfr which takes 20-30 minutes and give you 1-2 shards
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-12-23 at 08:55 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm interesting, I see people sharing personal loot anywhere and everywhere without drama.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i never said it was - i got 4 alts to 862-864 mostly by doin wqs and world bosses.but most of initial gearing i did in timewlaking which has no itlv restriction and offers you loads of 830-835 pieces - most of which i politely asked people for and i havent met even a single person who wouldnt share that loot . the fact is that any new geared alt needs that gear to speed up the process and its nice social behaviour to help each other - thats how community is build.

and im sorry but the argument of "i need crystals " is complete joke since class hall gives you 1500-3000 gold which gives you 5-10 shards per day all you need to do is complete 1 daily for resources to send mission which takes what 3-4 minutes - in cmaprision to lfr which takes 20-30 minutes and give you 1-2 shards
    He said he was saving up shards for the neck enchant, it's only fair to want to keep your loot to yourself.
    That said, when I do raids and don't need an item and I already have the appearance, I let people roll for it.
    It means more to the person I'm giving it to than the extra 200g I would get means, so why not?
    It's also nice when I need an item, and people let me roll on it, so I try to keep the trend alive by doing the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Your gear is your gear. Do as you wish with it, though, personally I would ask if anyone needs it prior to sharding it.
    First response, and it's probably the right one. Most of the random groups I've been in have seen players check around before sharding things and, quite honestly, it's been really pleasing to see it happen.

That said, I'm not 100% convinced of the "it's my gear" argument. The group earned the kill, and the group earns loot - that's how it always was in the past. I'm not convinced that "it's mine" is an especially helpful attitude toward a social experience, and I daresay would see resentment if the roles were reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Fuck that, it's a 835 item. That should be an upgrade for just about nobody, and it's your loot.
    not true its a upgrade fro many i meat quite alot of newly dinged ppl when i do lfr for shards/ap and my random hc, still i agree with darsthis its your loot to do what you want

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I would suggest using WQs for enchanting mats, they take less time than LFR and you get more shards.
    i dont only do lfr for shards on my enhcnater apparently the rank 3 neck enchants can drop in lfr also

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Do you really lack communication with other people so much to value every begger even in real life? Every religious couple visiting you to convert you to their faith?

There is a quality value of communication and social interaction and begging for items to start one is very very low and not desirable. In the same time you could have a quality chat with another person who is not just focused on that item you just got. It's hard to understand why you are so obsessed in thinking this offensive, aggressive interaction has ANY social value at all?!
    On the contrary I have so much communication IRL that I don't see a problem why some seldom whisps would bother me. It takes literally 0 effort to ignore beggars and pay them no mind.

I don't say it has value I say you have "tools" and "ability" to not get into it, like ignore them in the game or just don't reply to them. Why do you expect to have your hand held by blizzard?

You choose to hide away from it. Is this your solution to everything? Hide away and never have to confront anyone and anything? Maybe the rst of us don't want our loot to be hidden because some of us might not have any problems with it and are actually willing to share items and others seeing it makes it easier.
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2016-12-23 at 10:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Yeah it is a perfect example of the WoW community. A bunch of entitled children who think everything should be handed to them.
    That's what Blizzard wanted, people sharing loot otherwise they wouldn't make loot tradebable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Why? First, this is much fairer system as before as before some people just clicked need on everything and ninjaed or reserved things. In fact personal loot, at least partly should be enforced everywhere (say guaranteed item per clear). And second, trading your personal loot is optional. DEing very low tiered content loot for enchanting mats is as valid need as say someone spamming LFR on their 10 low geared alts they never really intend to play anyway.
    It wasn't perfect, Blizzard could've added safeguards though. My issue now is people bickering about others requesting their loot if they don't need it.

- - - Updated - - -

None of those things are legally required. Mom and Dad made me do all of that stuff. Then came my 18th birthday, and I stopped (unless it's socially useful in a particular instance that I need someone's goodwill).

Same difference with personal loot. Blizz ( the "law" in this game) doesn't make me give it to them, so I don't.
    What a bizarre mindset, good luck having friends

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It wasn't perfect, Blizzard could've added safeguards though. My issue now is people bickering about others requesting their loot if they don't need it.
    What do you mean by "don't need it"? The OP obviously needed it, it wasn't like he was all "haha, I dont need it and you cant get it either, *destroys the gear*. Needing enchanting mats or transmog appearances for yourself is a more valid reason than some random wanting that bad gear. LeveL 835 items are the lowest level epics so if you need shards, LFR is the best way to get it. Why should anyone give them away if it's the only reason they're there in the first place? Not to mention, everyone in LFR is equal, no one is responsible for organizing it, no one set the rules, you don't really owe anyone in the group anything unlike say if youd DE someones upgrade in a guild raid or Mythic+.

Oh and Blizzard did add safeguards. You can turn off personal loot in guild raids to avoid this. In fact personal loot is the safeguard. Back in the day, before LFR and personal loot, it was fairly common for PuG leaders to put together raids, then when their token dropped from the first boss, they ninjaed it and left and the whole raid fell apart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    What do you mean by "don't need it"? The OP obviously needed it, it wasn't like he was all "haha, I dont need it and you cant get it either, *destroys the gear*. Needing enchanting mats or transmog appearances for yourself is a more valid reason than some random wanting that bad gear. LeveL 835 items are the lowest level epics so if you need shards, LFR is the best way to get it. Why should anyone give them away if it's the only reason they're there in the first place? Not to mention, everyone in LFR is equal, no one is responsible for organizing it, no one set the rules, you don't really owe anyone in the group anything unlike say if youd DE someones upgrade in a guild raid or Mythic+.

Oh and Blizzard did add safeguards. You can turn off personal loot in guild raids to avoid this. In fact personal loot is the safeguard. Back in the day, before LFR and personal loot, it was fairly common for PuG leaders to put together raids, then when their token dropped from the first boss, they ninjaed it and left and the whole raid fell apart.
    I'm not talking about the OP, i'm talking about the numerous people slagging off people that request loot. In regards to the OP the other person was in the wrong due to his behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I'm not talking about the OP, i'm talking about the numerous people slagging off people that request loot. In regards to the OP the other person was in the wrong due to his behaviour
    when i do lfr and i get loot there's one thing that i HATE most off all getting whispers asking "do u need that or do you need those X" be4 ive even had a change to put the item up for roll in instance so ive decided to just vendor/de as soon as i get a wispier its so anoying

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm familiar with that, took psych classes in college. And I don't care. The first thing I ask in any interaction is: What's in it for me?

Could be avoiding a legal punishment, faking my compliance with social norms (to gain some benefit from people who do value them), and so forth.

Social contract ethics? Didn't sign any such contract, only legal punishments actually matter.

Universal ethical principles? They don't exist.

Kohlberg arrogated to himself the idea that he could simply pronounce on morality. The fact that he was a scientist is of no more importance than someone who calls themselves a religious officiant of some sort arrogating to himself the same "right."
    Then you should know about altruism and its benefits. Societies are built upon it, hence the written rules.