Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 83 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had that one lady who name starts with an A pop up and join me during some midnight demon slaying. Of course she showed up after everything was dead and I was going back to the car but its the thought that counts, right? It threw me off at first because I thought she was a group of MTs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    It's still a mistery to me how I should fight 4-5 Necromancers or 4-5 'very fast moving cats' things...
    Same level as me, I hit them for very little damage using weapons and they one-shot me.

My solution for the hunts above was to stock up on magic flasks, but I still think I'm doing something wrong: on a difficult fight what else should I do except drink tens of flasks and run around until I can use magic again?
    I just used a summon on the Necromancers. I also equipped the ring that prevents instant death. Could have done it without the summon with the ring on but I got tired of the bad camera angle (the were in a small circle and refused to come out of it).

Still haven't killed the tiger/cat things. Have you beat the game yet because there is an item you get that works on other hunts that might work on them as well. Can't say that I've tested on that particular group though. The item definitely makes cleaning up low level hunts a breeze though.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I had that one lady who name starts with an A pop up and join me during some midnight demon slaying. Of course she showed up after everything was dead and I was going back to the car but its the thought that counts, right? It threw me off at first because I thought she was a group of MTs.
    She bugged up once, so she kept jumping down / up and repeat the same dialogue. It was funny and bizarre.

patch 1.03 is up

did they release patch notes?

- - - Updated - - -

so the only thing NG+ does is reset quests and the story and hunts. You keep your levels which is stupid imo.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Have you beat the game yet because there is an item you get that works on other hunts that might work on them as well.
    Not yet, I am doing side quests whenever I find them.
    I am in Chapter 8, and my level is 47.
    53 hours in the game so far.

You can't summon whenever you want, right? Is it random?

7+ Year Old Account
    Guys guys i'm sure the 30th anniversary package will be a lot better have some faith in the final fantasy gods
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

It's not random but the parameters that lead up to a summon are not something anyone has been able to 100% lockdown yet.

1) Environment is a factor in certain summons
    2) Fights generally lasting long typically leads to a summon
    3) Team mates in danger can lead to a summon
    4) Noct in danger can lead to a summon

Deleted
    5) Ramuh. It's always Ramuh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    5) Ramuh. It's always Ramuh.
    Eh, I have gotten the Titan a few times too. I've only gotten Shiva when I was fighting Ifrit though there have been a few times when I got the indicator for a summon but I just couldn't make it happen for no apparent reason. But yea, most of the time is does seem to be Ramuh. Also I think if you get one in a dungeon that's guaranteed to be him because I think he's the only one that can happen inside one. At least I haven't seen anyone say they summoned someone else in a dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    for those that love to use magic, here are some forumlas for crafting:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/commen...catalyst_info/

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Absolutely disgusting.
    Ummmm what?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's not random but the parameters that lead up to a summon are not something anyone has been able to 100% lockdown yet.

1) Environment is a factor in certain summons
    2) Fights generally lasting long typically leads to a summon
    3) Team mates in danger can lead to a summon
    4) Noct in danger can lead to a summon
    It's pretty much stuff along these lines, though obviously there's wiggle room for how they apply.

I've had Titan summoned most frequently (if I can call it that...he's only shown up twice, but both times had the following situation going on) when I've had a teammate go down at least once (even if revived after) and it was first in a desert area...but I've also had him show up near the Tomb of the Tall which is grass and sloped (might be considered close enough to the Disc of Cauthess and that is supposedly a factor), and Shiva showed up when I was fighting a hunt in the sandy area of Leide with no one getting knocked out to the point of needing a Phoenix Down.

Ramuh definitely showed up the most, though it's worth noting that most of my non-scripted summons happened before I had gained Shiva as a summon.

And I've yet to get Leviathan outside of scripted moments, but I also don't often fight near water and that is apparently THE big factor in her showing up. Or Noctis being in a danger state for longer periods of time...one of the two is the big factor apparently.
    Last edited by Berethos08; 2016-12-22 at 04:59 AM.

I've only ever gotten Ramuh during normal battles which is a bit saddening. The other summons happened during scripted moments.

Also, it's kind of sad when a god thinks you need help battling level two sabertusks. I've had this happen a couple times when I was grinding AP and a wolf would knock me down and the summon music would start playing.

I havent had a single titan summon spawn yet, neither has my friend.

Had plenty of Rumah, and a couple Leviathan.

Shiva has only been boss only, same as Bahamut.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I havent had a single titan summon spawn yet, neither has my friend.

Had plenty of Rumah, and a couple Leviathan.

Shiva has only been boss only, same as Bahamut.
    Bahamut is a one time thing.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Regardless of what Tech614 says, the parameters for summoning are known. I actually posted them in this thread, not to far back. The most common summon you'll get though is Ramuh because he can be summoned anywhere (even in dungeons) and has one of the easiest requirements: the battle simply has to last a certain length of time. This time can vary depending on the encounter though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Eh, I have gotten the Titan a few times too. I've only gotten Shiva when I was fighting Ifrit though there have been a few times when I got the indicator for a summon but I just couldn't make it happen for no apparent reason. But yea, most of the time is does seem to be Ramuh. Also I think if you get one in a dungeon that's guaranteed to be him because I think he's the only one that can happen inside one. At least I haven't seen anyone say they summoned someone else in a dungeon.
    Shiva can be summoned inside a dungeon as well depending on how much space there is. But her and Ramuh are the only ones that CAN be summoned in a dungeon. And more often than not, it'll be Ramuh :P.

- - - Updated - - -

There are only four locations Leviathan can be summoned (outside of the one scripted time in the main story). They are: the Vesperpool, the river that runs south of the Vesperpool, Galdin Quay area, and Alstor Lake in Duscae. She's most likely to show up when Noctis himself gets put into the Danger state. The more he gets put into Danger, the more likely she is to show up.

Though I've heard of a few people getting her in Chapter 14 as well, but apparently any summon can show up there "because endgame".

Here is what I posted earlier in the thread regarding summons:

The summons all have specific requirements in order to be summoned at all (except for the few times in the main campaign where they are summoned as part of the narrative). Stuff like Noctis' health being low, the battle going on for a certain amount of time, a party member being downed, etc, etc.

Ramuh: Can be summoned anywhere, even in dungeons. He is more likely to be summoned the longer the battles goes on.

Titan: Can be summoned in wide, open air locations. The more of your allies that fall in battle, the more likely he is to be summoned.

Leviathan: Can be summoned while near large bodies of water. She can only manifest while Noctis is in the Danger state. The longer he is in this state, the more likely she is to appear.

Shiva: Can be summoned almost anywhere. Her tendency to help you is a combination of the summon probabilities of the other Astrals

Bahamut: Can only be summoned once. It is a scripted summon that is part of the main story line.

I wish you could summon Bahamut more than the one time. He's by far the coolest looking summon, IMO.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-12-23 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Regardless of what Tech614 says, the parameters for summoning are known. I actually posted them in this thread, not to far back. The most common summon you'll get though is Ramuh because he can be summoned anywhere (even in dungeons) and has one of the easiest requirements: the battle simply has to last a certain length of time. This time can vary depending on the encounter though.
    You never posted any parameters. I suggest you look up the meaning on words before you use them.

When you're using terms like "more likely" that is pretty far from "exact parameters".

FYI have summoned titan inside a dungeon, have summoned leviathan while everyone was full life. So much for your "parameters".
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-12-23 at 05:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never get Titan. Got Shiva a few times (hence my post earlier). Just let a battle carry on you have a good chance of triggering her. Got Leviathan twice, she definitely requires someone to die and is bit buggy I think because she killed that huge like snake outside of a dungeon (sorry I only know the name of towns but the snake is memorable) but I didn't get credit for killing him. I think the other one was when I was top of an area where red giants spawn (there are spots where demons seem to endlessly spawn).

I spawned Ramuh while fighting the Behemoth for the Cup-o-Noodle quest, I don't remember anyone dying in that fight. I was actually doing well it was taking some time to down him. That was a weird one because the boys were talking crap about beating up the the behemoth before Ramuh was even done casting his spell. As in Ramuh picked up Noct but your still see and here Prompto fighting the behemoth and take the full power of Ramuh's spell.

Wish you could summon Bahamut and Ifrit. I definitly want to be summon Ifrit out of kicking the crap out of him and for what he has done. Humble him a bit.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You never posted any parameters. I suggest you look up the meaning on words before you use them.

When you're using terms like "more likely" that is pretty far from "exact parameters".

FYI have summoned titan inside a dungeon, have summoned leviathan while everyone was full life. So much for your "parameters".
    My "parameters" are from the official strategy guide as well as the information from online sources for the game. But of course you know more than people that have the official information right (and the collective experience of the internet as well)? Because you're the only person who knows anything about Final Fantasy (acccording to you).

And yes I did post the parameters earlier in the thread. You're simply to lazy to go look. And I posted them again in my above post anyway.

And the parameters are things that are "most likely" to cause the summon to happen, not necessarily the "exact" things needed in order to summon. Never did I say "exact" anywhere. You're just putting words in my mouth to suit your own agenda.

The parameters I posted are all correct, unless Square Enix went back and changed things to the summon mechanics right before or after the release of the game.

And I'm gonna need proof of you summoning Titan in a dungeon and Leviathan under any conditions that didn't involve Noctis being in the Danger state at any point during the battle (even if Noctis only briefly goes into the Danger state, it can sometimes be enough to trigger Leviathan). Otherwise, I'm calling you out on your bullshit. Because there isn't a single video I can find showing either of those two instances you described happening.

Face it dude. You don't know shit about this game even though you like to act like you do. You're basically lying at this point to try and prove your ranting and raving correct. Either that or you're just trolling and failing miserably at it.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-12-23 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Shiva can be summoned inside a dungeon as well depending on how much space there is. But her and Ramuh are the only ones that CAN be summoned in a dungeon. And more often than not, it'll be Ramuh :P.

There are only four locations Leviathan can be summoned (outside of the one scripted time in the main story). They are: the Vesperpool, the river that runs south of the Vesperpool, Galdin Quay area, and Alstor Lake in Duscae. She's most likely to show up when Noctis himself gets put into the Danger state. The more he gets put into Danger, the more likely she is to show up.
    Oh that's good to know, in that case I think my game just knows I want Shiva the most and is being a jerk About Leviathan though I did see a video on YouTube where someone summoned him during the last fight in Insomnia so I think the needing to be near water part is probably less important than Noctis needs to be in trouble a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Oh that's good to know, in that case I think my game just knows I want Shiva the most and is being a jerk About Leviathan though I did see a video on YouTube where someone summoned him during the last fight in Insomnia so I think the needing to be near water part is probably less important than Noctis needs to be in trouble a bunch.
    Insomnia is surrounded by the sea...