Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Not really, both sides misleading people are equally bad.
    Of course, if you wish to ignore that one side vastly outnumbers the other.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Indeed let us not pretend that is what he is doing, instead, let us openly acknowledge that is exactly what he is doing!

State - Oil executive with questionable financial ties to one of America's greatest rivals
    Treasury - Goldman Sachs banker and film producer
    Defense - "Mad Dog" general who requires special exemption from Congress because he's legally barred from the post
    Attorney General - failed to be approved as a federal judge, because he was too racist for Alabama in 1986
    Interior - chosen because Trump Jr. likes to hunt
    Commerce - a billionaire corporate raider
    Labor - literally, a joke from Idiocracy
    Health - thinks women should die before having an abortion
    HUD - a man who personally stated earlier this month that he was unqualified for the job
    Transportation - the Senate Majority leader's wife
    Energy - doesn't know what it does, couldn't remember its name, but wants to get rid of it.
    Education - billionaire Dominionist nutbar who has never attended a public school

Trump's picks are not from "left field", they're his friends' crazy friends from the skyboxes, or who don't even follow the game, but thought being in the World Series would be a hoot, and/or who think baseball sucks and we should play polo instead.
    So how are these pics any different than what the last 5 presidents have done? Thats what I mean with "pretending" he is doing anything different with his picks than what any other president has done. Its not shocking that he picks rich people because they have ALL picked rich people for cabinet positions over the last 40 years. Lets also not forget that just because he wants to appoint them doesnt mean they get the job. They still have to go through congress for the ok. Im sure some will get turned down and others get appointed, like every other election thats happened.

Why wasnt you protesting Obama's picks in 2008 and 2012? You do know he mostly put in big bank reps and insiders right? The only difference now is Trump doesnt care to try to cover any of it up with feel good stories or quiet appointments. Lets also not pretend Hillary was going to do anything differently than what the last 5 presidents and what Trump is doing now, appoint big banking/wall street interests and insiders.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2016-12-23 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Of course, if you wish to ignore that one side vastly outnumbers the other.
    Even if that were the case it still wouldn't make their misleading worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

It would actually, since you are more likely to believe in something presented by a bigger group than a smaller group.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

You're right. But trying to imply a false equivalence is silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    So how are these pics any different than what the last 5 presidents have done?
    Well, Trump is replacing the nuclear physicist head of Dept of Energy with Rick Fucking Perry. So, clearly he is doing something different than what Obama has done there (ie hire people who are actually qualified for the job).
    Last edited by solinari6; 2016-12-27 at 06:27 PM.

Trump made several campaign promises. I am sure I am missing a bunch, but this is what I recall:
    Special prosecutor for HRC for email scandal.
    A wall (and no, not a fence) will be built across the Mexican-US boarder and Mexico will pay for it.
    All of Obama's executive orders on guns and the deal with Iran repealed.
    Obamacare to be demolished.
    No more gun free zones.
    Pack courts with justices that are pro-life.
    Abortion made criminal and subject to fines and/or imprisonment (I think he changed his mind about penalties shortly after saying it).
    Halt all immigration of Muslims and begin extreme vetting of everyone else.
    Renegotiate NAFTA or walk away from it.
    Reduce the corporate tax from 35% to 15%.
    Waterboarding be normalized as an enhanced interrogation technique for law enforcement agencies and military.
    Flag burning a criminal action.
    Limitations on new EPA policies
    Companies that have moved outside of the US will return or face large retaliatory tariffs on their products.
    Projects like the Keystone pipeline be completed regardless of environmental objections.
    Sanctuary cities will not receive any federal funding.
    Drain the swamp (how do you even measure this one?)
    What else?
    Last edited by Bloodbourne; 2016-12-28 at 12:21 AM. Reason: appointment of pro-life as opposed to repeal of Roe v Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    LOLWAT

Actually, thanks to Obama's stimulus, the economy was saved, 15M jobs was created, unemployment fell from 10% to 4.6%. As for healthcare, the uninsured rate and healthcare inflation are at historical lows.

The topic, before you changed it, was about dupes being conned by Trump. I guess such stupidity and ignorance is why you got conned.
    Gingrich says he mischaracterised the issue
    https: //twitter.com/newtgingrich/status/811980472079237121

Trump reaffirms commitment to 'draining the swamp'
    https: //twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/811975049431416832

Actually, there is another article by the same journalist the following day that refutes this.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-gin...175812678.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    Trump made several campaign promises. I am sure I am missing a bunch, but this is what I recall:
    Special prosecutor for HRC for email scandal.
    A wall (and no, not a fence) will be built across the Mexican-US boarder and Mexico will pay for it.
    All of Obama's executive orders on guns and the deal with Iran repealed.
    Obamacare to be demolished.
    No more gun free zones.
    Roe v. Wade repealed.
    Abortion made criminal and subject to fines and/or imprisonment (I think he changed his mind about penalties shortly after saying it).
    Halt all immigration of Muslims and begin extreme vetting of everyone else.
    Renegotiate NAFTA or walk away from it.
    Reduce the corporate tax from 35% to 15%.
    Waterboarding be normalized as an enhanced interrogation technique for law enforcement agencies and military.
    Flag burning a criminal action.
    Limitations on new EPA policies
    Companies that have moved outside of the US will return or face large retaliatory tariffs on their products.
    Projects like the Keystone pipeline be completed regardless of environmental objections.
    Sanctuary cities will not receive any federal funding.
    Drain the swamp (how do you even measure this one?)
    What else?
    He didn't promise that Roe v Wade would be repealed. All he said was that he would most likely try to appoint pro life judges to the supreme court and would leave it to them to rule on anything to do with abortion. Drain the Swamp is also the vague kind of promises every presidential candidate makes. Its like Obama running on 'Forward' and 'Change we can believe in'. It means nothing. In comparison Drain the Swamp actually holds more meaning.
    Last edited by Berndorf; 2016-12-27 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    He didn't promise that Roe v Wade would be repealed. All he said was that he would most likely try to appoint pro life judges to the supreme court and would leave it to them to rule on anything to do with abortion.
    Thank you. I had to look that one up after you brought it to my attention and I agree. I'll edit.
    He isn't promising that it will be overturned in the next four years but promises to pack the court with pro-life leaning justices which may threaten Roe v. Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    It would actually, since you are more likely to believe in something presented by a bigger group than a smaller group.
    Are you more likely to believe 50 Trump supporters or a CNN article?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    You're right. But trying to imply a false equivalence is silly.
    Care to elaborate on that one?
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Drain the swamp = fill the swamp with unqualified individuals to lead our most important departments. Wooo. At least they're not qualified career politicians
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    So how are these pics any different than what the last 5 presidents have done? Thats what I mean with "pretending" he is doing anything different with his picks than what any other president has done. Its not shocking that he picks rich people because they have ALL picked rich people for cabinet positions over the last 40 years. Lets also not forget that just because he wants to appoint them doesnt mean they get the job. They still have to go through congress for the ok. Im sure some will get turned down and others get appointed, like every other election thats happened.

Why wasnt you protesting Obama's picks in 2008 and 2012? You do know he mostly put in big bank reps and insiders right? The only difference now is Trump doesnt care to try to cover any of it up with feel good stories or quiet appointments. Lets also not pretend Hillary was going to do anything differently than what the last 5 presidents and what Trump is doing now, appoint big banking/wall street interests and insiders.
    I actually was protesting Obama's picks in 2009 (by 2012 I'd long since given up on him) - much like Trump campaigned with "edgy" (but establishment) Republican right-wingers supporting him (only to kick them to the curb after winning), Obama campaigned with "edgy" (but respectable) left-wingers supporting him... only to leave them behind (at best offering non-influential sinecures) while he set out to govern as a moderate technocrat (which wasn't exactly a super-surprise).

Trump's picks are different, because where Obama went from campaigning with people on the outer edge of the "ruling establishment" to appointing people solidly inside the establishment, Trump campaigned with people on the outer edge of the "ruling establishment" and then went mostly outside that establishment for his high level appointments (I apologize that I lack the time to put together a Venn diagram to illustrate this more clearly).

To clarify, I'm not saying that Trump is going outside the ranks of America's broader "elite" (aka. the 1%, actually the 0.1%) because he isn't, not even remotely), but that there is a sort of comme il faut about appointing high-ranking officials - they are supposed to have followed a certain path, to be connected to certain centers of power and to orbit certain centers of political gravity (whether they worship at the donkey-cult or the elephant-cult is of importance as well). Now, there are both good and (very) bad aspects to this sort of government, but some of the more important good points are that such appointees (from either party) generally have the ability to actually do their jobs and are not going to wreck the whole system and leave nothing to replace it.

Trump's appointees have not followed anything like the traditional American cursus honorum - these people, while belonging broadly to the same classes as previous cabinets, have interests that are tangential, if not orthagonal, to those of the traditional American ruling establishment, and are variously loyal to themselves, the cults of Trump and Mammon (or are flat-out Dominionists) and are in many cases grossly incompetent, or as unfit and unqualified for their prospective new jobs as Trump himself - they are not, in any view save the fuzziest, "business as usual"; Trump's cabinet (as currently laid out) resembles previous cabinets in much the same way large wasp nest resembles a hive of honeybees.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

The fact you linked yahoo fake news as your source see what I did there?
    That is the only weapon the left has is OMG the swamp is drained and now it's bigger blah, blah, blah. STFU cry babies. You don't know what you are talking about besides what you are programmed to parrot.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Did anyone really think he would "drain the swamp"?
    Well yes. With him being such a "straight talker" and all, they genuinely believed he would live up to every word within June.

Quote Originally Posted by omfgreally View Post
    The fact you linked yahoo fake news as your source see what I did there?
    Yes, you mistook the actual problem of fake news sites with you wanting to pretend that it doesn't exist.

It's not very difficult to see, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by omfgreally View Post
    That is the only weapon the left has is OMG the swamp is drained and now it's bigger blah, blah, blah. STFU cry babies. You don't know what you are talking about besides what you are programmed to parrot.
    Sure, if you completely ignore everything Trump has said or done over the past year and have kept yourself completely ignorant of who he's putting in his administration. But a lot of us actually have been paying attention and do give a shit. Sorry?