Page 55 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    Its just an estimate, its not rocket science on how to use them. I pulled 480k on guarm while war, rogue, druid, mage pulled 500k+ all of them with lower ilvl than i. No fucking way the bracers will be a 70k dps increase to beat the war or even the rogue that was around 530k.
    Not to mention ret pally around 390k but that is not much of a difference to be relevant.
    You are talking live. What is on live and what is on PTR is absolutely different game. Right now the buffs are around 10% (or even more?) that means you would be pulling 530 or something, while the rogues, warriors and priest are getting nerfed or changed. While I don't agree with all the changes ( I would let DC to take 35-70 runic power with appropriate damage buff instead of nerfing rune regen of RC and PP) we are getting overall good changes and it seems they actually aknowledge our problems which looked like it is not the case since Legion launch.

Deleted
    At this point UF seriously has to be considered for single target. The additional Sudden Doom proccs can finally be put to use properly and will actually hit decently hard.

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    At this point UF seriously has to be considered for single target. The additional Sudden Doom proccs can finally be put to use properly and will actually hit decently hard.
    The only problem is it cuts your cleave/aoe damage by a lot, and in general there are no pure ST fights coming up in Nighthold. It just won't overall end up being too viable.

Another issue is almost no fight is patchwerk. And even patchwerk fights arent patchwerky enough (guarm, for example). Any moment youre not on boss, UF damage plummets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    Just a little offtopic here, i got the legendary bracers yesterday, and i must say holy fucking dammit i still cant beat a lot of classes on dps with lower ilvl than i. I went up like 30k DPS on meters maybe more, just by equipping it instead of the shoulders and with 886 ilvl and i still cant beat wars, mages, rogues and druids, ret pallys and probably spriests too by far. Those changes to unholy arent comming soon enough.
    With bracers alone your damage won't skyrocket assuming you were mostly Crit/Haste geared before. The bracers vastly increase the worth of Mastery so you might need to change up your gear first. But yeah, Unholy still doesn't top the meter. That was well known before. That's why we get some minor buffs.

Need some input from unholy players.

Today I added a generic T19M Nighthold profile (only frost atm) to simc. I want to do the same for unholy, but I'm not 100% sure about relics. What relics are recommended for unholy atm?
    A fool with a tool is still a fool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxpunk View Post
    Need some input from unholy players.

Today I added a generic T19M Nighthold profile (only frost atm) to simc. I want to do the same for unholy, but I'm not 100% sure about relics. What relics are recommended for unholy atm?
    I'm fairly certain that the best one hasn't changed (The Darkest crusade)

the other ones might differ between builds but safe choices are Rotten Touch, Eternal Agony and Deadliest Coil

Deleted
    Deadliest Coil should be pretty solid now, however only on pure ST so The Darkest Crusade is overall still better.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    The only problem is it cuts your cleave/aoe damage by a lot, and in general there are no pure ST fights coming up in Nighthold. It just won't overall end up being too viable.
    It nighthold a lot of cleave?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunaxor View Post
    You are talking live. What is on live and what is on PTR is absolutely different game. Right now the buffs are around 10% (or even more?) that means you would be pulling 530 or something, while the rogues, warriors and priest are getting nerfed or changed. While I don't agree with all the changes ( I would let DC to take 35-70 runic power with appropriate damage buff instead of nerfing rune regen of RC and PP) we are getting overall good changes and it seems they actually aknowledge our problems which looked like it is not the case since Legion launch.
    Yes i am talkin on live as i stated on my post before this one that even with them bracers we are still miles behind most classes and these changes arent coming soon enough.
    Last edited by Kendros; 2016-12-23 at 04:29 PM.

Talents
    Pestilent Pustules: Rune gain now occurs once per 8 Festering Wounds, instead of once per 6 Festering Wounds.

Unholy
    Death Coil: Damage dealt increased by 17.6% (from 127.5% of AP to 150% of AP).
    Runic Corruption: Chance to activate per Runic Power spent decreased from 1.25% to 1.00%.
    Unholy Death Knight: Damage dealt by most Unholy Death Knight abilities is now increased by 6%, up from 3%.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...obal-Offensive
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Deleted
    + armies of the damn will proc debuffs more often, and the dmg when ghouls die is increased. The days of frost are over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedzio View Post
    + armies of the damn will proc debuffs more often, and the dmg when ghouls die is increased. The days of frost are over.
    Oh I hope so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedzio View Post
    You're jumping the gun too early. Unholy got decent damage buffs, but I still don't see it pulling ahead of Frost enough to warrant a permanent change again. The core problems of Unholy will still be present, such as the overcapping RP issue (I don't believe the changes are enough to prevent this from happening) and one of the slowest target switching in the game. These will still be very large problems that go unfixed due to the way they designed the class, and won't be changing any time soon. With the nature of the upcoming Nighthold fights, I don't see Unholy doing better than Frost enough to justify switching to it permanently, but we'll see. If anything, Unholy will be better than Frost in a couple fights, and you'll be forced to switch depending on the fight if you want to perform.

Frost is most definitely not dead, not when it provides amazing cleave and AoE, good stable single target on demand, and a huge burst AoE cooldown with a huge range. Compared to this, the only thing Unholy offers is a good burst single target, and nothing more.

Well, looking at the profiles I implemented into simc today, frost is going to destroy unholy in terms of st-damage at nighthold mythic levels. The profiles I implemented use nighthold only items, 4pc set bonus, max artifact ranks and ilv ~903.

I did not make any updates to both APLs. Maybe unholy needs some tuning due to changes in 7.1.5...
    Also the used gear has room for optimization (for both specs).
    Last edited by gixxpunk; 2016-12-23 at 06:09 PM.
    A fool with a tool is still a fool.

We don't want either spec to be "dead". We want them to be close enough where one spec or the other wins, depending on the fight, so you can pick whichever one you personally prefer to play without being called a noob.. So far the unholy changes are very promising.

Sometimes we are forgotting that other classes also getting buffs...and these +6/9/16% dmg buffs..check DH's (looool) and enh shamans for example...

Middle of the pack it seems...with heavy mobility issues again

Middle of the pack is fine, that's where you want to be. Don't need to fear nerfs.

DK mobility will not be addressed before 8.0 betas. If you hate playing your DK due to running at 100% speed, you need to reroll like me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TiagoRamos View Post
    Sometimes we are forgotting that other classes also getting buffs...and these +6/9/16% dmg buffs..check DH's (looool) and enh shamans for example...

Middle of the pack it seems...with heavy mobility issues again
    Unholy didn't get buffed enough to be back at middle of the pack. Most middle specs got buffed more than Unholy did. Frost saw barely no changes, so middle or lower should be about right, though Frost was in a decent place if we're merely looking at numbers.

Looking at notes, I can't see how you guys feel like the changes are promising at all for either spec. It seems to me, like every other class is pulling ahead even further. Of course we'll have to wait to see actual numbers and statistics, but I can't stay optimistic when I've seen this story unfold a bunch of times before. Glad I got my Warrior geared before NH drops, because that's what I'm gonna be going with. Two full PTR patch cycles (7.1 and now 7.1.5) filled with amazing feedback and info from players and yet, all we got were half assed changes that no one really asked for just to get people to shut up. Doesn't cut it for me, sorry buds.

Quote Originally Posted by Skazord View Post
    Unholy didn't get buffed enough to be back at middle of the pack. Most middle specs got buffed more than Unholy did. Frost saw barely no changes, so middle or lower should be about right, though Frost was in a decent place if we're merely looking at numbers.

Looking at notes, I can't see how you guys feel like the changes are promising at all for either spec. It seems to me, like every other class is pulling ahead even further. Of course we'll have to wait to see actual numbers and statistics, but I can't stay optimistic when I've seen this story unfold a bunch of times before. Glad I got my Warrior geared before NH drops, because that's what I'm gonna be going with. Two full PTR patch cycles (7.1 and now 7.1.5) filled with amazing feedback and info from players and yet, all we got were half assed changes that no one really asked for just to get people to shut up. Doesn't cut it for me, sorry buds.
    Shhh you're going to wake the blizz apologist up and they'll bring their "Well the expac isn't over yet gaaaawd! The sky isn't falling guys" statement as an excuse to all the bad decisions, or lack of them rather..., they've made with DKs since cata.

On a different note at least it looks like Bo's might not be as useless as it has been in the past even if that still counts as no real changes to frost when they said they were doing some mayor changes on 7.1.5 to everyone