Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Legedary Upgrades - Wait... WHAT ???

PTR: Distilled Titan Essence - Now upgrades your Legendaries to ItemLevel 940.

Wait, wait wait wait Blizzard! Just 1 second: You have that crappy Legendary system, a lot of ppl complain about, and you give me upgrades, so i can either store them on bank, until i get a non crappy Legendary, or i can update a shitty Legendary that i really do not want to upgrade ?

Wait... WHAAAAAAT ?

source: mmoc front page.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2016-12-23 at 06:47 PM.

thats pretty cool man
    Oh aye.

iirc they said that any lego that dropped after Nighthold would have the higher ilvl, so the upgrade system is only for legendaries you have before that.

7+ Year Old Account
    weve known about this for about 2 months now, they showed up in the 7.1 ptr
    and legendaries are being nerfed, so this wont change much anyways, they are simply getting this way to upgrade them so they arnt overthrown by nighthold heroic gear
    as idk if you noticed but heroic nighthold gear will be equal to legendaries
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by asuroxander View Post
    iirc they said that any lego that dropped after Nighthold would have the higher ilvl, so the upgrade system is only for legendaries you have before that.
    that would be ok, but do not sound like a wow system. never seen such things in 12 years wow.

and whats about ppl become their L between 7.1.5 and nighthold ? or get a better L in that timeframe ?

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    that would be ok, but do not sound like a wow system. never seen such things in 12 years wow.

and whats about ppl become their L between 7.1.5 and nighthold ? or get a better L in that timeframe ?
    It's literally what they said is going to happen, if you don't want to believe it that's on you.

Quote Originally Posted by asuroxander View Post
    Wasn't that for when they updated them to 910?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    weve known about this for about 2 months now, they showed up in the 7.1 ptr
    and legendaries are being nerfed, so this wont change much anyways, they are simply getting this way to upgrade them so they arnt overthrown by nighthold heroic gear
    as idk if you noticed but heroic nighthold gear will be equal to legendaries
    yeah, thats all fine and shiny. but how do you think ppl decide which L they should upgrade ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It's literally what they said is going to happen, if you don't want to believe it that's on you.
    do you have a source ? obviously that passed me

yeah, thats all fine and shiny. but how do you think ppl decide which L they should upgrade ?

- - - Updated - - -

do you have a source ? obviously that passed me
    Whichever one you want to? Not to mention you can continue to do so on your own time and effort, so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawnix View Post
    Whichever one you want to? Not to mention you can continue to do so on your own time and effort, so.
    you get more than 1 upgrade ? since its a quest reward i thought you get one. how do you obtain them ?

and, if so, whats the fukin reason (besides useless timesink) they do that ? when they want to balance item level to nighthold, why they put in effort to implement that, and not instead just set all Legendaries to 940 when nighthold applies ???

10+ Year Old Account
    They have already confirmed you can repeat the quests for this upgrade item, so you can upgrade more than one legendary over time.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

I mean the last 2 expansions they've locked upgrading your legendary behind the current raid tier

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    They have already confirmed you can repeat the quests for this upgrade item, so you can upgrade more than one legendary over time.
    its better than just 1 upgrade. but i really dont like that. Legion is grindy/timesinky/whatever enough, and have also char progressing through 15 other gear slots, 3 relics and an artifact system. why we need that ?

its just another nail in the coffin for the altoholics out there. and now you do not just have to get 2-3 different relic sets & 2-3different Legendaries, for your main multispecs, now you need additional 2-3 L upgrades. WTF. why even have multispec in game, when literally 80% out there raid with one and only spec. and whats the point of core dps classes these days (mage, hunter, rogue, lock) ???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    I mean the last 2 expansions they've locked upgrading your legendary behind the current raid tier
    first: that was shit too and many ppl didnt liked it.
    second: this system is the same, as i get it, since you have to do nighthold for the quest.

the only good thing is (hopefully) its nit time gated.

but i really dont get why they do that shit on a system already in the focus of hate by a lot of ppl...
    Last edited by Niwes; 2016-12-23 at 07:08 PM.

you get more than 1 upgrade ? since its a quest reward i thought you get one. how do you obtain them ?

and, if so, whats the fukin reason (besides useless timesink) they do that ? when they want to balance item level to nighthold, why they put in effort to implement that, and not instead just set all Legendaries to 940 when nighthold applies ???
    That just the way to make all legendaries reasonable through the whole expansion. All old and new legenderies will drop with increased ilvl after each new content patch hits. For those who already have legenadaries from previos patch there is the way to upgrade their ilvl via quest. Previous buff to legendaries ilvl was just a hotfix (895->910).

By the end of expansion you should look at legeandaries as extra passives aka talents for your character. Because it is expcted by blizz that everyone should have at that point atleast 3+ legendaries in their vault (even the most casual players). Right now only mythic+ players have 3+ legendaries.
    Last edited by lukoil; 2016-12-23 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lukoil View Post
    That just the way to make all legendaries reasonable through the whole expansion. All old and new legenderies will drop with increased ilvl after each new content patch hits. For those who already have legenadaries from previos patch there is the way to upgrade their ilvl via quest. Previous buff to legendaries ilvl was just a hotfix (895->910).

By the end of expansion you should look at legeandaries as extra passives aka talents fro your character.
    so i ask you: why is this not a hotfix this time ? and what about the ppl that do not raid ? (not me, i raid, but there are a lot of ppl doing other stuff and also have L's)

- - - Updated - - -

in my eyes that company is totally derailed... no plan why they do such things. i dont get it.

so i ask you: why is this not a hotfix this time ? and what about the ppl that do not raid ? (not me, i raid, but there are a lot of ppl doing other stuff and also have L's)

- - - Updated - - -

in my eyes that company is totally derailed... no plan why they do such things. i dont get it.
    Because we, again, have known about this for months. The Hotfix was actually just a nice iLevel boost they gave to us randomly. Originally from what was datamined, we were going to be upgrading Legendaries from 895-925.

You have a whole lot to say yet not a lot of knowledge aside from "GIMME GIMME".
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

- - - Updated - - -

Because this time quest is actually in the game.

This item is just an valor-like upgrade thing. But only for old legendaries.
    Last edited by lukoil; 2016-12-23 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawnix View Post
    Because we, again, have known about this for months. The Hotfix was actually just a nice iLevel boost they gave to us randomly. Originally from what was datamined, we were going to be upgrading Legendaries from 895-925.

You have a whole lot to say yet not a lot of knowledge aside from "GIMME GIMME".
    i dont care about "gimme". i care about useless timesinks.

i dont care about "gimme". i care about useless timesinks.
    The game as whole is just an useless timesink.

Or they could just not offer upgrades, and if you have BiS one, you have to get lucky and get the drop again after Nighthold so that it can be ilvl relevant. Now do you see how stupid the system is without the upgrade?

It isn't rocket science, these items are meant to last all expansion, they stated that when they introduced the system. They aren't removing the Lego system this expansion, so get used to it. Also, do some DD before posting such an ignorant post. My lord.